2014 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate 11/29 | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate 11/29

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Yuzuru did make the finals. Good. I thought probably not.

The judges made he so even though he doesn't deserve it. What a day.:confused:

Poor Abbott. He is robbed of not only the rightful placement that he should get but also the GPF spot.

HanDomi

Record Breaker

Poor Abbott. He is robbed of not only the rightful placement that he should get but also the GPF spot.

Sorry, but Abott robbed himself with silly mistakes here and there

purpledream

On the Ice
Thanks... now we have something to refer him with since I have only one Dai in my heart and mind and Murakami is so associated with Kana... :biggrin:

Haha Dice was how he was commonly referred to when he was skating w America

(but to make things complicated, isn't Dai Takahashi's fanclub D1ce or something like that? heheh)

AprilS

On the Ice

He placed fifth at SA. Being forth or even bronze wouldn't have gotten him to GPF.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Congrats Murakami!!

Reluctant congrats to Yuzuru even though I don't want to. :sarcasm:

Jeepers, bitter congratulations are uncalled for with any skater, nevertheless one you consider yourself to be a fan of - it's a minimum level of respect. Can't find it in you to be happy for him? :)

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just watched Josh's LP and I think I know what happened.

He was afraid.

My guess is that after the iffy 3A and the botched 4T, his confidence was shot to pieces and he felt like he couldn't trust his ankle anymore. Hence the pops.

Just a guess.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Not much so compared to Hanyu's poor performance at not only NHK, but also COC.

Hanyu is Hanyu, Abott is Abott. Hanyu had very, very low scores, so it shouldn't be hard for Jeremy to beat him, but he failed because of this mistakes

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
He placed fifth at SA. Being forth or even bronze wouldn't have gotten him to GPF.

Sorry, I must've been confused with other American player. However, today's final placement is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I am guessing it is citizenship matters. Japan has this policy that if someone has double citizenship then once they turn 20 they have to either choose their Japanese or theother citizenship.

I know from some friends that when this happens a lot of people choose their Japanese citizenship because Japanese citizenship is really hard to get or something.

Ah! He must be very tied to his Japanese heritage, then. I have several Japanese friends who chose their American citizenship over Japan in a heartbeat.

Oh dear, Jeremy got lower TES and HIGHEST PCS of the day. Don't know what you expect. It's not Yuzuru's fault that Jeremy didn't do enough. Your comments make me laugh.

And this comes from someone who didn't want Yuzuru to go to GPF (I still don't want).

I don't blame Hanyu or Abbott, I blame the judges. Big difference.

But you showed such an effort to emphasize a lack of partisanship by saying you didn't want him to make the final. Do you want a cookie for that? :drama:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Jeepers, bitter congratulations are uncalled for with any skater, nevertheless one you consider yourself to be a fan of - it's a minimum level of respect. Can't find it in you to be happy for him? :)
I don't know what to feel, honestly. I like him and I'd love that he can be back to top form. But I don't think he's in okay condition at the moment.

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
@ inside edges

I read you got confused with Abbott and Brown so just ignore my post, and sorry ;)