2014 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate 11/29 | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate 11/29

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Sorry, I must've been confused with other American player. However, today's final placement is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong.

Yes. Had Hanyu stayed in 5th, Jason Brown would have won the tiebreaker and gone to GPF.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
Ahh, Daisuke biting lip, trying not to tear up during medal ceremony. Congrats Daisuke:cheer2:

Yes, that warmed my heart too - did anyone notice the audience clapping when the camera closed in on his face during the anthem? I think he won over some new fans for himself today! :cheer2:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Jeepers, bitter congratulations are uncalled for with any skater, nevertheless one you consider yourself to be a fan of - it's a minimum level of respect. Can't find it in you to be happy for him? :)

I think a true fan is someone who can recognize that their favorite isn't in top shape or sometimes makes mistakes. A fan doesn't mean they have to support all of their actions or see them as these faultless beings.

Just my opinion, of course. :)

sajoya

On the Ice
Oh Dice. If only the live stream worked for me, I would have love to see you receive your medal. Congrats! :cheer:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't blame Hanyu or Abbott, I blame the judges. Big difference.
But you showed such an effort to emphasize a lack of partisanship by saying you didn't want him to make the final. Do you want a cookie for that? :drama:
because I think the judges did quite a good job today. Jeremy did have the highest PCS so if anything it's him to lose. Yuzuru's score is really low here and Jeremy still didn't get above the TES. If anything I find PCS for Jeremy is too high because his program is so boring.

Last edited:

Icey

Record Breaker
Any chance Hanyu will withdraw from the finals if he thinks he is still below par?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
lol at you because I think the judges did quite a good job today. Jeremy did have the highest PCS so if anything it's him to lose. Yuzuru's score is really low here and Jeremy still didn't get above the TES. If anything I find PCS for Jeremy is too high because his program is so boring.

For get doing an extra rotation. Had he just done one of his level 2 spins into level 3, he would have been ahead. Jeremy and his spin levels!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Any chance Hanyu will withdraw from the finals if he thinks he is still below par?

Not A Chance. HE is clearly the one who was desperate to skate at CoC and NHK so that he may qualify. Now that he's made it, only if he lost all his braincells he would decide to withdraw. And I happen to think he is a very smart young man, so... not a chance.

Meoima

Match Penalty
For get doing an extra rotation. Had he just done one of his level 2 spins into level 3, he would have been ahead. Jeremy and his spin levels!
Yes. The poor thing is Jeremy could have easily get the spin level but he didn't. Why????
If anything I'd like to see Jason at GPF more than Yuzuru. But it seems Jeremy didn't want to. :slink:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
@ inside edges

I read you got confused with Abbott and Brown so just ignore my post, and sorry ;)

Thank you for the kindness. Yes, I did. I was so disappointed at the situation.

After all, the 0.15 points make Yuzuru the final goer to the GPF. I hope Yuzuru can prove there he is worthy of that.

treeloving

Medalist
I think a true fan is someone who can recognize that their favorite isn't in top shape or sometimes makes mistakes. A fan doesn't mean they have to support all of their actions or see them as these faultless beings.

:agree:

Although I am not sure if the issue they have is about if Yuzuru should get to GFP or not.

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
because I think the judges did quite a good job today. Jeremy did have the highest PCS so if anything it's him to lose. Yuzuru's score is really low here and Jeremy still didn't get above the TES. If anything I find PCS for Jeremy is too high because his program is so boring.

When you say something as mundane and pointless as that, I'd rather not waste my time.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
I don't know what to feel, honestly. I like him and I'd love that he can be back to top form. But I don't think he's in okay condition at the moment.

I think @matmuh's point may have some substance. Of course he may still be experiencing some pain and his stamina may have suffered, but he maintained in the SP press conference that he was generally feeling well and it wasn't a physical issue. We've also seen him land good, clean quads in practice, and he isn't doubling over in pain with every jump attempt or anything like that - from the clips the practices have looked rather normal. The program layout changes are also very reasonable considering the lack of training time/stamina he is facing.

in a way i am glad yuzuru made to the finals, obviously he isnt 100% but i started to feel like its also psychological, looking at practices and warm ups he can do the jumps, and i think it can pass with competing, i could be wrong tho :confused: :think:

Yuzuru has been known to sometimes psych himself out in the past (e.g. SA 2012 FS where I watched him live), so bad competitions do not necessarily mean he's seriously injured. If it is a mental block then doing more competitions may well be better for him than staying home.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes. The poor thing is Jeremy could have easily get the spin level but he didn't. Why????
If anything I'd like to see Jason at GPF more than Yuzuru. But it seems Jeremy didn't want to. :slink:

I doubt Jeremy was thinking about that, ha!

Also Jeremy gets a lot of criticism already (an excessive amount at times...). No need to add "Not getting Jason Brown to GPF" to the list. :laugh:

In all seriousness. He was within striking distance of the podium, not just beating Hanyu. It's really a shame that he let too many points go.

Meoima

Match Penalty
When you say something as mundane and pointless as that, I'd rather not waste my time.
look who's talking.
:hijacked: Jeremy is not my cup of tea as I've stated clearly in the beginning of the thread. Did i say Jeremy was over-scored? No. Unlike you who always laugh at the scores. I remember you said in the prediction thread that Yuzuru would win with 10 falls. I mean, seriously, they only have 8 jumping passes in the Free. You don't like the judges, you don't like the score it's your business but at least don't say something as mundane and pointless as that.

I think this time the judges were quite fair.

But if it were me, Jeremy wouldn't have gotten the highest PCS of the night because he was so boring today (that means if I were the judges). I see nothing pointless about that statement. :rolleye:

If anything the highest PCS should be given to Daisuke Murakami.

Last edited:

pitterpatter

On the Ice

Of course. But my point was not about recognizing faults. Regardless of what shape my favourites (or any skaters) are in I would still be able to extend them a heartfelt congratulations. If my 3 least favourite skaters made the podium, I could still genuinely congratulate them. If I was going to be unhappy about it, I'd rather not post at all. Maybe we just have different approaches.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I doubt Jeremy was thinking about that, ha!

Also Jeremy gets a lot of criticism already (an excessive amount at times...). No need to add "Not getting Jason Brown to GPF" to the list. :laugh:

In all seriousness. He was within striking distance of the podium, not just beating Hanyu. It's really a shame that he let too many points go.
I have nothing against Jeremy. I was just joking. Jason wouldn't get angry at Jeremy for sure just because of GPF. But yes, if Jeremy medaled that would be nice. I hope he will have better skate if they assign him to 4CC.

Last edited: