2014 Skate Canada Ladies FS 11/01 | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Ladies FS 11/01

Meoima

Match Penalty
Am I the only one who DOESN'T find Anna beautiful? To me, she looks a little piggish. Lips almost too big in a clown-like way.
Congratulation for getting the meanest comment of the whole thread.

I think Anna should get some work on spin and steps asap. The competition in Russian is much tougher than here and she still looks sloopy. But yes, I think her mentality is much better than her peers, for example Adelina. That can be counted as an advantage.

And I do see that Anna has improved. At least she has gotten rid of that A spin.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is anyone else watching the medal ceremonies?

It looks like Max was in the shower then someone just went "MAX! VC TIME!". His hair is all slicked back. It doesn't look too bad.

I guess you are watching the medal ceremonies on IN?

Free streaming ended before the medal ceremonies, AFAIK.

Will have to wait for still photos of Max and the others.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Anna landed and rotaded 7 triples she deserves gold

Right, even 7 sloppy triples and no connection to the music really matter under CoP, especially if you are a Russian baby ballerina. At least Pogo doesn't look quite as laboured as she used to on the ice, but she seriously still has a lot of work to do and is over-rated on PCS.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I agree with this! I was at Skate America, and although Brooklee didn't do super well, I was and am taken by her skating. Aside from the falls, what is wrong with her skating? I hope she gets better and better this season!!

I feel a little ripped off for her actually - she skated MILES better at Skate America and she got robbed there, but here she was iffy and got 8th :laugh:

I think she gets better and better every season. She might have just been tired today. She's never done a Grand Prix before and suddenly BAM, two in a row.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
You do realize that she actually put on a pair of knife boots and skated tonight. Maybe some of that is relevant to discuss instead of just her looks :yes:

Everyone was TALKING about her looks and some saying she got points with the judges because of them so I chimed in with my dissenting opinion. I post lots and lots about skating and have never made a point about looks before I saw the deluge of rhapsodies to her beauty. I'm so sorry this was taken the wrong way. I also think some of us felt Ashley's beauty was being slighted in favor of Anna. and I DO think Anna wears too much lipstick (thus making her lips clownish) and over the top makeup and bleaches her hair too blonde.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I guess you are watching the medal ceremonies on IN?

Free streaming ended before the medal ceremonies, AFAIK.

Will have to wait for still photos of Max and the others.

Oh, I have a subscription so yeah, I was.

His hair was very slicked back. I've decided I prefer it that way to the messy curls.

Cyn

On the Ice
Am I the only one who DOESN'T find Anna beautiful? To me, she looks a little piggish. Lips almost too big in a clown-like way.

This is strictly IMO only -- Pogo may not be "beautiful" going by pageant/modeling standards, but she is a strikingly attractive young lady.

ETA:

Everyone's opinion on attractiveness is different so it's only worth something to you I'm afraid.

^^^ THIS.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Brooklee is such an admirable girl. She is a freshman at a very demanding college (Wesleyan), has done lots of community service, and is skating so well. A great role model.

whatif

Medalist
Everyone was TALKING about her looks and some saying she got points with the judges because of them so I chimed in with my dissenting opinion. I post lots and lots about skating and have never made a point about looks before I saw the deluge of rhapsodies to her beauty. I'm so sorry this was taken the wrong way. I also think some of us felt Ashley's beauty was being slighted in favor of Anna. and I DO think Anna wears too much lipstick (thus making her lips clownish) and over the top makeup and bleaches her hair too blonde.

What turn did you expect this to take when you called her a pig?

Go shopping. buy a mirror for yourself.

ks777

Record Breaker
I still don't get the Satoko PCS demands here. She certainly has good SS and CH, but let's not confuse "cute" with "magic".

How long you think we've been watching figure skating? I have been watching figure skating since the '80s.

Barb

Record Breaker
I was going to agree with you Mathman.. for a few minutes there I thought I was in the Meangirl forum.... but then what do you mean Young? What about Ashley?!!

Ashley is only 23 years old, she is definitly young.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Brooklee is such an admirable girl. She is a freshman at a very demanding college (Wesleyan), has done lots of community service, and is skating so well. A great role model.

Liza is my Queen, but Brooklee is my Princess. She is amazing! (Oh, and she plays the violin also!)

I was going to agree with you Mathman.. for a few minutes there I thought I was in the Meangirl forum.... but then what do you mean Young? What about Ashley?!!

A baby in a cradle. (One has a different perspective at my age. :) )

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Karne, I didn't know that! I love her even more now. and I love it that you have a princess and a queen! :)

I believe she's also an equestrian.

My full court looks like this:

King: Plushenko
Queen: Liza

Princess: Brooklee
Prince: Jason, Joshua, Max, Artur, Brendan