2014 Skate Canada Ladies FS 11/01 | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Ladies FS 11/01

Alba

Record Breaker
Ironically it's Ashley who got the highest PCS. :laugh:

It doesn't matter. Anna P. won, and she didn't fall or Ur, so it must be the PCS, right? :rolleye:

Why does Anna keep looking down? Is there something on her skate that's more interesting than the audience?

Interesting question.
If the audience is anywhere similar to some of you here, her skates could be much more interesting. :sarcasm:

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
Brendan Kerry :) Australian man who trains alongside Ricky Dornbush and Shotaro Omori in California for half the year. 4T-3T, I hope to see it in competition soon.

:eek::

I don't know this Brendan- must go look for videos! I like all the others in your court a lot. Even though I was never a huge Plush fan while he was amateur, I have grown to appreciate him immensely. He was such a technical genius and such a character and ambassador for the sport.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Wow Ashely was grossly overmarked in PCS, performance, interpretation even transitions (actually quite bad)! What a disgrace! Miahara should have come second!

whatif

Medalist
I feel that the top ladies (Sotnikova, Lipniskaia, Radianova, Pogo, and Tut) are behind their less technically adept peers in presentation and refinement, even if you were to account for their youth.

Well we all have an opinion I guess.

andyjo24

Medalist
Satoko: Great musicality and performance, but the jumps are just way too small for me to completely enjoy it. Although her SS, TR, PE, etc are great, I don't think the judges are taking her seriously unfortunately because of her tiny jumps and small presence (which, in the ideal world, should only be accounted for in the technical but doesn't actually work that way).

Ashley: O.K. program, but she is beginning to have jump issues (underrotations, edge calls). This is not good considering there's Edmunds and Hicks (who receives huge GOE for her jumps). Gold is also in danger...

Pogo: Great jumps, long lines, interesting program although overused music. I thought she deserved to win although with slightly lower PCS of around 59-60.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow Ashely was grossly overmarked in PCS, performance, interpretation even transitions (actually quite bad)! What a disgrace! Miahara should have come second!

In the FS or the competition?

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - VIDEOS & RESULT - updated

1. Anna POGORILAYA (RUS) - 191.81 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 186.00 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Satoko MIYAHARA (JPN) - 181.75 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
4. Courtney HICKS (USA) - 174.51 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
5. Rika HONGO (JPN) - 171.47 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
6. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 164.15 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
7. Alaine CHARTRAND (CAN) - 156.22 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
8. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 146.80 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
9. Hae Jin KIM (KOR) - 143.43 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
10. Veronik MALLET (CAN) - 142.25 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
11. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 139.67 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
12. Julianne SEGUIN (CAN) - 136.95 Free Skate, 2nd Copy

ks777

Record Breaker
At least Adam Rippong has a bright future as a choreographer. He could make a lot of money doing it. Doesn't Lori Nichol charge $50,000 for a FP?

Meoima

Match Penalty
I can't believe some posters in a skating forum are complaining about... MAKE-UP!! I mean these ladies have to wear heavy make-up, OF COURSE! Because that's one of the way to make the judges notice you in the middle of the huge ice rink. We are watching close up video which follow them every step. But the judges and the audience don't, ladies have to wear heavy make up so the judges and the audiences could see their faces from afar!

whatif

Medalist
I can't believe some posters in a skating forum are complaining about... MAKE-UP!! I mean these ladies have to wear heavy make-up, OF COURSE! Because that's one of the way to make the judges notice you in the middle of the huge ice rink. We are watching close up video which follow them every step. But the judges and the audience don't, ladies have to wear heavy make up so the judges and the audiences could see their faces from afar!

If they can't nitpick on anything else, that's all they have. Some people are just bitter.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
At least Adam Rippong has a bright future as a choreographer. He could make a lot of money doing it. Doesn't Lori Nichol charge $50,000 for a FP?

Wow- I had no idea choreographers made so much! But I agree on Adam's bright future as a choreographer. He did beautiful work for Mirai and Ashley this season.