2015 JGP Colorado Springs Ladies SP Sep 4 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Colorado Springs Ladies SP Sep 4

samm22

On the Ice
mikhailova looked slow, and I think she did flutz...also the toe may have been under and the one point deduction may have been from starting too late...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
-1 deduction for flutz??? It seemed that she skated better than in Bratislava, and there she got somewhere around 57, right?

Oops...I think on the 3f she actually may have touched her free foot down briefly on landing?

Lipea

Final Flight
mikhailova looked slow, and I think she did flutz...also the toe may have been under and the one point deduction may have been from starting too late...

I agree she looked really slow, but it was reflected in PCS fairly enough. Still TES should have been higher.

humbaba

Final Flight
Mikhailova scored 53 point something for her short in Bratislava. She got < and ! there. I thought this skate looked better than Bratislava, where even I could see the ur. Guess that shows what I know.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't find Mikhailova's deduction honestly. I went back and watched it and the slow motion highlights a few times and am just baffled. Even with flutz and slow skating she should be around 55 IMO but then again I'd have put Marin, Paige, and Ekaterina all about tied at around 61 with Vivian still around 57. So that shows what I know.:laugh:

I'm still confused as to why Vivian got the highest PCS scores in every category. I'll have to go back and re-watch that one too I guess.

Edit: Marin barely edged her in P/E

Last edited:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I can't find Mikhailova's deduction honestly. I went back and watched it and the slow motion highlights a few times and am just baffled. Even with flutz and slow skating she should be around 55 IMO but then again I'd have put Marin, Paige, and Ekaterina all about tied at around 61 with Vivian still around 57. So that shows what I know.:laugh:

I'm still confused as to why Vivian got the highest PCS scores in every category. I'll have to go back and re-watch that one too I guess.

How long did it take her to get to starting position? It could be that.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
How long did it take her to get to starting position? It could be that.

Hopefully less than 30 seconds. That's a good rule by the way. :sarcasm:

Ok...just timed it. It took 34 seconds from the time her name was announced to when she was in position.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looked like a Flutz :slink:

Flutzes don't get a -1 deduction. They get a 30% reduction in base value. The only jump error that attracts a -1 is a fall. Or if the costume violation happens during the jump.

I see Kailani came to at least attempt to kick booty. ;) Looking forward to the protocol.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Flutzes don't get a -1 deduction. They get a 30% reduction in base value. The only jump error that attracts a -1 is a fall. Or if the costume violation happens during the jump.

Yeah...we already covered that and I realized what Witcher meant but Thanks. Honestly I didn't see anything at the time to warrant a deduction and didn't even look for one when the score was posted. I think maybe it was a time violation.

I see Kailani came to at least attempt to kick booty. Looking forward to the protocol

She brought a much needed fire to this event. :cheer:

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Also, this last group has been...an ordeal.

But it also had three or four skaters from unheard-of federations! :cheer:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes i was pretty impressed with the Mexican skater! I would love for Mexico to have some strong skaters.

gotoschool

Medalist
Marin was soooo beautiful! It's impossible not to love her. 61 (25 in pcs) doesn't make her justice, but whatever, she's better than that! She can jump 3t-3t, 3s-3t, 3lz-3t, 3f-3t and now 3lo-3t, wow wow wow :eek:

Marin's SP was my favorite of the season so far, so I also think she should have a higher score. Marin has this expressive and balletic quality that is lovely like every movement, line and extension is perfectly in place just as I would imagine it should be especially for someone who just turned 14. Wonderful soft knee bends, expressive flair of the arms and great posture, as she carves intricate S shaped arcs on the exit to her jumps. Charming and musical with a marvelous tear shaped Biellmann.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was impressed with Paige Rydberg. She has speed and strong jumps and good spins. If she skates well tomorrow she should get a 2nd JGP event. Nina has potential too and is only 13 and can only get better. With her last name i was expecting some white french canadian girl. lol