2015 Mordovian Ornament Mens SP and Free Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 Mordovian Ornament Mens SP and Free Skate

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Ok, Max was much better than I expected, and I actually really like this program for him. There's a first time for everything. :biggrin: (Still don't like Genesis, I'm afraid). He's getting better about staying in character.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I really like Moris K. On another note, it seems that "I Put a Spell On You" and "Who Wants to Live Forever" are extremely popular this season.

iskate

On the Ice
I find Kovtun's FP choreography/packaging hilarious, haha - from the campy & flamboyant movements that seem to clash a little with the music, to the rather comical puffy shirt, to his facial expressions. I feel like he's definitely trying to tell a story with the choreo, but it doesn't quite make sense. It was very entertaining to watch though. Seemed like he had better energy here than he did in the SP yesterday too, he didn't seem to run out of steam as much (there were a lot of carefully-placed fluffy stops though, haha). Although I think I like the SP better as a program at this stage.

There were so many hilarious moments in his FP, my favourite was probably this, around the 2:25 mark:
https://youtu.be/-Z-Z1OPGMws?t=2m26s
"Oh, I'll just go to sleep now. AW CRAP I'M MEANT TO BE SKATING MY PROGRAM WAKE UP MAXIM."

And the sassy little shoulder roll at the very beginning! And after he lands the first 3A at 0:50 and there's that bit of choreography that looks like a victory dance ("YAY, I LANDED IT!").

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I need to see the protocols because because I swear Maxim did his 1/2 loop on the ground during his 3a-1lo-2t. Unless of course it wasn't a half loop and just some more sarcastic interpretation in which case I'll find it in the PCS marks.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Sue me, but I like Maxim's program. Last year I thought of a tank moving across the ice but with Beethoven's music, it works. The dash of humor helps. After seeing the performance, I don't think Daniel was so robbed, Maxim did pretty well.

That said, that one spin around 1.50 is so unbelievably ugly.

Horrible! Kovtun can just bomb and be horrible and because of politics he wins.

It would really help the discusion if the performance was seen first.

Kovtun defnintely didn't bomb.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Sue me, but I like Maxim's program. Last year I thought of a tank moving across the ice but with Beethoven's music, it works. The dash of humor helps. After seeing the performance, I don't think Daniel was so robbed, Maxim did pretty well.

I agree...and I'm obviously more a fan of Daniel. I do think Max's scores were a bit too generous yesterday, though, but I know how these things work, & hopefully Daniel's scores will be on the rise if he keeps up the good work.

gmyers

Record Breaker
It had it's moments. I'm not sure the international judges will go with it. I like his SP better.

I don't think it's good to have to programs really make fun or ignore traditional figure skating artistry and the most common high scoring north American proper school as promoted by nichol and Wilson. He should try to do real skating artistry.

That said, that one spin around 1.50 is so unbelievably ugly.

It would really help the discusion if the performance was seen first.

Kovtun defnintely didn't bomb.

Being so close to Dainiel tech is bomb!

Last edited:

Rissa

Record Breaker
I agree...and I'm obviously more a fan of Daniel. I do think Max's scores were a bit too generous yesterday, though, but I know how these things work, & hopefully Daniel's scores will be on the rise if he keeps up the good work.

Thanks to his Scorpions SP, I will always be biased in favor of Daniel. :laugh:

Being so close to Deniss in tech is bomb!

Yeah, that's a great argument. :sarcasm:

I don't think it's good to have to programs really make fun or ignore traditional figure skating artistry and the most common high scoring north American proper school as promoted by nichol and Wilson. He should try to do real skating artistry.

I'm sorry, but I can't treat seriously any opinion that contains this. :laugh2: I thought you were being sarcastic about that in the Petr Gumennik discussion, but you must have been the one who came up with it.

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Yeah, everyone should just skate to the same kind of bland, generic lyrical programs because it's "real skating artistry." :rolleye: That would get me to quit watching the sport.