2015 NHK Ladies Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Ladies Short Program

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No disrespect to anyone at NHK but I'd do just about anything to see Zijun win gold. That would be something :love:

IleK

On the Ice
My fav here are Ashley and Anna. Of course I would like to see both of them on the podium winning gold and silver so that Anna could go to GPF but that is pretty much impossible so I pray for at least Ashley to take the silver. And the most beautiful 2 programs of this season belong to Kaetlyn. If she could skate thme clean that would be a gold medal. Ok, maybe somewhere outside Japan:) and out side Canada also:))) Mao is a darling, is just that is very hard for me to root for the favourite and I don't particulary like her programs this season. But I would like to see some 3A from her:)

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Starting order:

1. Kaetlyn Osmond CAN
2. Mariko Kihara JPN
3. Maria Artemieva RUS
4. Zijun Li CHN
5. Mirai Nagasu USA

(Warm up for Group 2)

6. Mao Asada JPN
7. Courtney Hicks USA
8. Alena Leonova RUS
9. Ashley Wagner USA
10. Anna Pogorilaya RUS
11. Satoko Miyahara JPN

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Ohh mannnn... i just love this group of ladies!! Fingers crossed for everyone... I wonder if we may be surprised for silver and bronze.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
My fav here are Ashley and Anna. Of course I would like to see both of them on the podium winning gold and silver so that Anna could go to GPF but that is pretty much impossible so I pray for at least Ashley to take the silver. And the most beautiful 2 programs of this season belong to Kaetlyn. If she could skate thme clean that would be a gold medal. Ok, maybe somewhere outside Japan:) and out side Canada also:))) Mao is a darling, is just that is very hard for me to root for the favourite and I don't particulary like her programs this season. But I would like to see some 3A from her:)
Disagree about Anna. She is like Gracie Gold with worse spins. Her potential is HUGE! If she hits her jumps, beware everybody;)

IleK

On the Ice
Disagree about Anna. She is like Gracie Gold with worse spins. Her potential is HUGE! If she hits her jumps, beware everybody;)

She's done it in the past. I like the underdogs, always rooting for them, so... but she has to show us to clean programs. and i always wondered since I first saw her as a junior why is everybody complaining about her spins. When her spins are centered they look amazing, with big rotation speed. Well, at least this is how I see them. I know she can botched them the way she can fall in any moment of the program, but that is something else.
I am a fan of Ashley also because she used to be an underdog, or the almost girls as she called herself, since she was 16. I liked her and felt her ambition. Now she is not an underdog anymore but not the usual favourite either so she still needs me:))). At first i didn't like at all her SP but felt different when I saw it in competition at her first GP. I wonder if Ashley gets the bronze (but I can't wish her that because I am still dreaming of 2 perfect programs without UR) and Anna silver that means that Anna qualifies?

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
She's done it in the past. I like the underdogs, always rooting for them, so... but she has to show us to clean programs. and i always wondered since I first saw her as a junior why is everybody complaining about her spins. When her spins are centered they look amazing, with big rotation speed. Well, at least this is how I see them. I know she can botched them the way she can fall in any moment of the program, but that is something else.
I am a fan of Ashley also because she used to be an underdog, or the almost girls as she called herself, since she was 16. I liked her and felt her ambition. Now she is not an underdog anymore but not the usual favourite either so she still needs me:))). At first i didn't like at all her SP but felt different when I saw it in competition at her first GP. I wonder if Ashley gets the bronze (but I can't wish her that because I am still dreaming of 2 perfect programs without UR) and Anna silver that means that Anna qualifies?

This would give her the chance:) Tie-breaking comes, AFAIK. And her spins ARE fast, but I have high expectation of our girls. Her position on bielman isn't pretty:scard8:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Mao is doing well...landing her 3As. In the morning SP runthrough, she doubled the end of her combo and fell on the last jump.

Haven't read news on the other ladies yet.

Mao is so consistent with 3a this year:luv17: Hope to see the battle of axels in December!

Layback11

Record Breaker
:agree: Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself. Leonova can definitely do well in the SP and I love everything about her Chaplin program. Unfortunately, even when skated cleanly her LP IMO, is a mile behind Ashley's . I still haven't seen Mao's programs so, I can't comment on her at this point.

Mao's is way ahead of hers too-partly because of the insane tech layout and partly because it's artistically superior.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Gorgeous pictures, thanks for posting. In fact, these 4 pictures show some of the beautiful range of expressions that these two ladies demonstrate ... part of the effectiveness of their skating programs. Ashley looks super-fit, as she did at SC; this gives me high confidence and high hopes that her technical will be right up there tomorrow and Saturday. I can hardly wait. I have a house full of adult children here for the holidays, but the 5 am time means I can watch the Ladies before anyone else is up! :hap93:

I'm anxious to see if anyone will be able to post any practice videos!

Go Ashley! :yahoo:

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Agree that Anna can do well if she skates clean like she did at Mordovian Ornament. I think her spins have improved actually, she's not super flexible like some of the other girls but the speed in her spins is pretty fantastic IMO. Skating clean, she won't beat a clean Mao but I think she could place 2nd. As for your scenario, if Anna is 2nd and Ashley 3rd then they would both make it to GPF unless Satoko is 1st, then Anna would be out.

This field is really deep and full of ladies who can be hot and cold. I'm really hoping we see lots of great skates because if all these ladies are at their best then it will be a real treat to watch! Quite an amazing lineup IMO. I enjoy Mao, Ashley, Anna, and Satoko a lot but I'm also a fan of Kaetlyn, Alena, Maria, Mirai, Zijun, and Courtney when they skate well (not familiar with the 3rd Japanese lady but I'm sure she's great too!). Go for it ladies!