2015 Russian Nationals Pairs FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Pairs FS

oleada

Record Breaker
Vera landed both her 3T here, so there's some hope. I think they must be still figuring out then throws, they don't seem sid yet, and she was pretty consistent before. I have hope!

And Bobrova is one lucky beyotch! :D

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Vera landed both her 3T here, so there's some hope. I think they must be still figuring out then throws, they don't seem sid yet, and she was pretty consistent before. I have hope!

And Bobrova is one lucky beyotch! :D

:laugh2::laugh2:

bramweld

Record Breaker
Well this was uninspiring. I hope the women bring it. Am I being too harsh? But something about this competition seemed flat..

Alba

Record Breaker
Well this was uninspiring. I hope the women bring it. Am I being too harsh? But something about this competition seemed flat..

I enjoyed tbh. Yes, we've seen S&K and K&S skate better than this, but there are some promising new couples and that's great to see. Plus T&M finally skated a clean FS.

Lota

Record Breaker
I also enjoyed it :yes: T/M were amazing (although I do hope they find better music next year), really enjoyed A/R (as always, great program), same with K/S. S/K's performance was a surprise though...

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I wonder are K/S in danger of not making Euros and Worlds? They are only ranked 3rd here and I assime if V/T declare themselves ready for competition they will be given the optional spot. Nice to see A/R move, they were very harshly marked in the short.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I enjoyed tbh. Yes, we've seen S&K and K&S skate better than this, but there are some promising new couples and that's great to see. Plus T&M finally skated a clean FS.

Okay, maybe I haven't been really following pairs so closely. I really think A/R have potential. They have personality on the ice. And I also like Kavaguti and Smirnov. The Moscow school of pairs skating does nothing for me it seems, maybe that's why I had that reaction.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I wonder are K/S in danger of not making Euros and Worlds? They are only ranked 3rd here and I assime if V/T declare themselves ready for competition they will be given the optional spot. Nice to see A/R move, they were very harshly marked in the short.

I think if V/T will be ready for Euros than K/S will stay out of the team. Only 1st and 2nd placers have guaranteed spots.

So it's either S/K, T/M and V/T, or S/K, T/M and K/S.

alithia

Final Flight
Trankov said he's getting back on the ice mid January,I'm not sure they have Euros in their plans, but probably they could be ready for Worlds if they intend to compete

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Congrats to S/K and hope Ksenia is okay.

Their PCS in the FS was ridiculous but K/S didn't exactly light it up and T/M have the misfortune of being newbies. It's ridiculous that a clean performances ends up just a point or two ahead of a performance with a fall and a stepout, but oh well.

bramweld

Record Breaker

I don't know if Trankov can come back this season, do you think they will? If they rush things it could be the end of a career. The same is true for Bobrova/Soloviev. Just wondering out loud..

When does EC begin?

Last edited:

ragdoll

On the Ice
I didn't get the live stream to work even though I downloaded Hola - not sure why but could be it doesn't work well with Explorer. So sad I missed Astakhova/Roganov's free skate. I love this pair and hope someone will be able to upload a video.

Alba

Record Breaker
Congrats to S/K and hope Ksenia is okay.

Their PCS in the FS was ridiculous but K/S didn't exactly light it up and T/M have the misfortune of being newbies. It's ridiculous that a clean performances ends up just a point or two ahead of a performance with a fall and a stepout, but oh well.

S&K had a cushion from the SP, and it's not like they had a disaster. T&M did won the free, and as you said they are newbies. But I would've given to K&S more on the TR and CH.

Alba

Record Breaker
I don't know if Trankov can come back this season, do you think they will? If they rush things it could be the end of a career. The same is true for Bobrova/Soloviev. Just wondering out loud..

When does EC begin?

They are not going to make it for the Europeans, so K&S will go there. They may go to worlds as well, even if V&T are back for competition. In that case it all depends on how well they do at the Europeans.

bramweld

Record Breaker
They are not going to make it for the Europeans, so K&S will go there. They may go to worlds as well, even if V&T are back for competition. In that case it all depends on how well they do at the Europeans.

Yes. No matter their struggles I really like their style and Smirnov is such a sweetie of a partner. He reminds me of Ruslan.