Jin Seo Kim, 0.35
Daisuke Murakami, 0.06

Everyone else get overall -GOE.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And people wondered why I freaked a little when I saw that the men's SP at Boston Worlds will be on April Fools' Day...

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
You hear that? Is the sound of my predictions slowly dying after ladies and men tonight :slink:

It would. The first flight tends to get lower PCS than the second flight.
Yeah, that did hit Petrov. Yuzuru wouldn't have had much problem since both him and Patrick can get good PCS regardless of their placements, but Alex could have benefited from that, shame about that edge call.

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight
Yes, I know. You said
& I pointed out his massive GOE- compared to everyone else here, that is. On paper, that is what made the difference.

Well, I obviously didn't say that he was ahead by TECH, because even with his amazing GOE he wasn't by far. I said how can one (even as great as Yuzuru) skater with half of the elements worth get above the clean one just by PCS? Yuzuru's BV was the lowest, and with GOE his TECH was second to last. It is a sport at the end of all. I know there is still no big difference in points between Petrov and Hanyu but it make a big difference for them in FS, because now Petrov will be in the first half, whereas he clearly deserved to be in the second.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Wasn't Chan in the first group? Still really really high PCS.
Lower than Yuzu (not going to argue whether that's correct or not, since I didn't see Chan's skate, not to mention Yuzu probably got bonus PCS to "make up" for the unfortunate invalidated combo). Had they been in the same group, I suspect Chan's would've been higher...?

mrrice

Record Breaker
A modern version of the Canadian Curse?

No skater will win Gold on Canadian soil if they're either Canadian or coached by a Canadian.

Oh wait, W/P is leading :laugh:

WRONG!!!!!!!!! I saw it with my own eyes jamie sale and david pelletier won the 2001 World Championships in Vancouver.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
After the pages and pages of whinging about it, no, I think the point needs to be reinforced.

With the curse that's evidently on this ice I suddenly have no problem with Brendan not getting chosen as Liebers' replacement here.

And suddenly I have no problem with Josh not being here either :slink:

That being said, Kawahara who is Liebers' replacement and JinSeo who I believe replaced Josh? actually did quite well with their SPs considering their comparatively limited technical capabilities so...:shrug:

Lipea

Final Flight
+GOE breakdown, for those interested:
Yuzuru Hanyu, 6.93
Adam Rippon, 2.73
Alexander Petrov, 1.37
Patrick Chan, 1.13
Keegan Messing, 0.62
Jin Seo Kim, 0.35
Daisuke Murakami, 0.06

Everyone else get overall -GOE.

Pretty bad competition.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That being said, Kawahara who is Liebers' replacement and JinSeo who I believe replaced Josh? actually did quite well with their SPs considering their comparatively limited technical capabilities so...:shrug:

Timothy was Joshua's replacement...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Voddoo knife boot curse? Who isn't in attendance with such powers:think:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
No but seriously, Yuzu needs to kick some serious butt tomorrow because I need him to go to GPF's.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Well, I obviously didn't say that he was ahead by TECH, because even with his amazing GOE he wasn't by far. I said how can one (even as great as Yuzuru) skater with half of the elements worth get above the clean one just by PCS? Yuzuru's BV was the lowest, and with GOE his TECH was second to last. It is a sport at the end of all. I know there is still no big difference in points between Petrov and Hanyu but it make a big difference for them in FS, because now Petrov will be in the first half, whereas he clearly deserved to be in the second.

It may be because the zayaking doesn't have any bearing on PCS and that was half of the reason why Hanyu's tech score was so low. Same with Patrick. Invalid jumping passes lower the TECH score, but not PCS.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I don't know, but with an invalid element and and a fall how could Chan be scored so high? I also think Petrov, Nguien and Ripon must have glad slightly better GOE, and the leader, Murakami, should lead by more points.

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
Man, if I was gifted a dollar for every time a japanese male skater uttered the term "kuyashii" I'd be rollin' it! Yuzu himself would make me a mint.

Rissa

Record Breaker
I don't know, but with an invalid element and and a fall how could Chan be scored so high? I also think Petrov, Nguien and Ripon must have glad slightly better GOE, and the leader, Murakami, should lead by more points.

Guys, I know I'm repeating myself, but as a non-fan of Chan, even I could tell the difference between Chan and the others. Petrov was a bit meh (in my personal opinion), Nam was visibly slow and Adam Rippon's program (and I AM a fan of Adam) was a bit of hit and miss. Other than Petrov, other guys fell too which affected their PCS and they didn't the better skating or choreography to hold them up.