2015 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Pairs Short Program

Art&Sport

Medalist
Great from Meagan and Eric. Was that a quad throw lutz?

T/M are so bland with presentation skills and they had technical errors, but yeah looks like judges are slotting them in for silver medal.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
That was great. Throw was amazingly landed! I can't take my eyes off him most of the time. He has a beautiful softness to his movement. I think her extension is better too.

Layback11

Record Breaker
We need to address a serious problem that's going on here. And no, I don't mean cursed ice or splats or anything.

I am referring to the absolutely unacceptable lack of Je Suis Malade at this event.

:p seriously, though. :laugh2:

andromache

Record Breaker
I love this song for D/R. I know in the film it's about love and romance, but I think the enthusiastic nature of the song paired with the lyrics and their exuberance works to communicate their on-ice relationship and the joy of skating together. No romance needed.

I'm not even a huge D/R fan but this program just works.

Final Flight
We need to address a serious problem that's going on here. And no, I don't mean cursed ice or splats or anything.

I am referring to the absolutely unacceptable lack of Je Suis Malade at this event.

omg if only weaver and poje would've skated that free dance this year - omg maybe EX?!

Lissy

Medalist
Man no more for the day. That was such a fun and weird day of competition. Can't wait for tomorrow! Now time for more Grey's Anatomy marathoning for me.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Nah. They are malade enough.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I love this song for D/R. I know in the film it's about love and romance, but I think the enthusiastic nature of the song paired with the lyrics and their exuberance works to communicate their on-ice relationship and the joy of skating together. No romance needed.

I agree.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Great from Meagan and Eric. Was that a quad throw lutz?

T/M are so bland with presentation skills and they had technical errors, but yeah looks like judges are slotting them in for silver medal.

I like the music and the program that T/M have, but maybe for another pair. They need a softer program that will let them show off their beautiful lines, not something staccato and fast paced.

Ugh, but last year I was complaining that their programs were boring. I can't seem to make up my mind :frown:

robredo40

On the Ice
great from meagan and eric not there best but its still early in the season its a long way to march you don`t want to peak too early.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

:agree: Key words right here.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Oh I see it was a throw 3lutz. Yeah, rough edges but D/R clearly cut above the rest.

I would have had T/M even less on tech and they don't deserve as much as they usually pull on PCS either. T/M do not have better choreo or interpretation than K&M or M&M IMO.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was great. Throw was amazingly landed! I can't take my eyes off him most of the time. He has a beautiful softness to his movement. I think her extension is better too.

I totally agree. D/R have completely won me over. Last year I admired everything they did. This year I admire it and I feel it. They are fabulous.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Nah. They are malade enough.

Ooh...burn...

A much-needed burn, unfortunately. :cry: This was a SPLATFEST-but congrats to Ashley, D/R, Dice, Alexander Petrov, and all the dancers who didn't splat. You made this event semi-bearable! #BrowniePoints

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, it's time for bed. Maybe if I get a good night's sleep and so do all the competitors, they'll have a much better day tomorrow. :no:

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Protocols are up!

D/R got a level 4 on the triple twist! Is this their first time getting a level four on the twist? :think:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I like the music and the program that T/M have, but maybe for another pair. They need a softer program that will let them show off their beautiful lines, not something staccato and fast paced.

Ugh, but last year I was complaining that their programs were boring. I can't seem to make up my mind :frown:

I actually really love T/M's program and music, except for the very end where they need to pick up the pace and crescendo. The final pose just kinda seems like a fizzle/pose, and oh, now we're done the program. You think back to Bourne/Kraatz and how you want to end the music off with an exciting bang.