2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic - Ladies SP and FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic - Ladies SP and FS

LeCygne

Final Flight
Oy, that's rough, but with all the revamping, couldn't she also have chosen a version of "On My Own" that was slightly less wail-y and slightly more in tune? Could barely listen to it once, don't know how she and her coaches can stand it repeatedly...

I agree, that's one of the worst versions of On My Own I've ever heard. The music cuts overall are pretty bad. I hate to suggest this, but I wonder if it's time for a different choreography/coaching team.. Cindy Stuart and Justin Dillion have done her programs for what seems like forever, and Tammy Gambill has had a bunch of talented young skaters but has never managed to break through with any of them. Karen is definitely one of the most talented skaters out there with her speed, amazing spins, and great jump technique. She just needs someone to help her put it all together.

andyjo24

Medalist
Satoko has great SS, spins, and musicality, but like many others, I do not think she should be receiving positive GOE for her jumps.... Her 2A+3T is solid but everything else.... I would give a -1, even when clean.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I agree, that's one of the worst versions of On My Own I've ever heard. The music cuts overall are pretty bad. I hate to suggest this, but I wonder if it's time for a different choreography/coaching team.. Cindy Stuart and Justin Dillion have done her programs for what seems like forever, and Tammy Gambill has had a bunch of talented young skaters but has never managed to break through with any of them. Karen is definitely one of the most talented skaters out there with her speed, amazing spins, and great jump technique. She just needs someone to help her put it all together.
Can I say I kinda agree with you about the change coaching team idea...
Perhaps, this will give her some new perspective. both technically and artistically.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
And maybe someone who's more of an expert on making remixes.

yeah, better at music editing perhaps.. I just watched Karen's LP, isn't she lovely. She may experience some growth issue and boots issues and many other programs.
Her 2A is getting worse:hopelessness:

Lipea

Final Flight
Watched both Satoko and Elizabet. Good job both. IMO I think Elizabet should have got higher TES than Satoko.

I honestly expected more from Satoko after I watched her summer show performance of this LP. The music is gorgeous, lovely arrangement of Un Sospiro, but the dress is just completely not on the same topic. In the show she had something differnet as far as I remember. It clearly should be more free / waivy, instead of so tightly shaping the body, and of some light, pastel color. The jumps seems basically the same as last year; although lovely expressiveness and really beautiful final spin.

Elizabet was very fine, the musicality was as always there; greatly aligned with the song, and indeed, very beautiful program. Aside from two small mistakes she did great job. She is such a little birdy-like; her arms are beautiful, which I rarely see from such a skinny and young lady. Yes, her jumps are also small, but they don't look prerotated and in ratio to her tiny body they are actually not small at all. So I don't really understand how she got scored lower than Satoko in TES, considering that Elizabet's BV is higher and Satoko did have the fall, whereas both had one UR.