2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2015 U.S. International Figure Skating Classic SLC General

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2015/18396/SEGM003.html

Shoma's 4T was called a 3T, which led him to lose all 10 points on his lovely 3F-3T combo due to zayaking, no wonder his score was so low!

Only two guys broke 40 in TES -- congrats Alexei and Daniel! Way to make Israel proud.

I wondered what happened. Do you think it would be smart for him to change his 3F-3T to a 3F-3L to keep this from happening again?

And he had some sort of leg wrap...thing...going on with all his jumps. What was up with that?

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm not very good at deciphering men's scores (it took a year just to figure that out for the two disciplines I more actively follow), but I'm trying to learn. So could somebody please tell me whether or not Ross' 74 was a good international score?

Ross' score at Skate America last year, for example, would have put him in 7th place. The guys, on the whole, underperformed.

And FWIW, Ricky is not a multiple-time GP medalist. He has only medaled once -- at Cup of China last year. But I agree he can do much better!

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ross' score at Skate America last year, for example, would have put him in 7th place. The guys, on the whole, underperformed.

And FWIW, Ricky is not a multiple-time GP medalist. He has only medaled once -- at Cup of China last year. But I agree he can do much better!

Oops. I was probably thinking about Max Aaron. I thought Ricky medaled at SC or TEB last year.

He once placed 9th at Worlds, though. That is a lot more than most of these people have done (with the exception of Shoma, obviously, as he is the reigning JWC). This is nowhere near the best he can do.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I still question if Tammy Gambill can take her skaters and make them champions at the Senior level. She's great in developing Novice and Junior skaters but hasn't yet shown she can take her skaters to the next level and be champions. Ricky since he made a big splash at Nationals in 2011 hasn't done nearly as well as his talent says he should.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Andrew got a new PB! :yay:

Dying to get off work tonight to see all the videos!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oops. I was probably thinking about Max Aaron. I thought Ricky medaled at SC or TEB last year.

He once placed 9th at Worlds, though. That is a lot more than most of these people have done (with the exception of Shoma, obviously, as he is the reigning JWC). This is nowhere near the best he can do.

Well, it's only the SP. A LOT can change in the FS. And everyone has bad competitions sometimes (this isn't the first for Dornbush, I assure you). It doesn't mean much, especially at the first senior B of the season.

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I wondered what happened. Do you think it would be smart for him to change his 3F-3T to a 3F-3L to keep this from happening again?

And he had some sort of leg wrap...thing...going on with all his jumps. What was up with that?
That was the first thing I noticed too....I didn't remember it being like that last season. He needs to fix that ASAP, it looks terrible. It seems like a bad night for the men, which means a wonderful night for the ladies tomorrow :laugh:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Well, it's only the SP. A LOT can change in the FS. And everyone has bad competitions sometimes (this isn't the first for Dornbush, I assure you). It doesn't mean much, especially at the first senior B of the season.

Very true, just unexpected. This was a fairly weak field. And you're right-a lot can change from SP to FS. Just look at last year's ladies FS at worlds!

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
Since I don't have ice network, thank you sabinfire network for all your videos!

Neither will I soon. I subscribed today and requested a cancellation and refund an hour ago. Awful, awful, awful. It never stopped buffering. And since this is about the only comp I am interested in that hasn't got blackout restrictions for me (seriously, no reductions for a partial product?), I am getting in quick for my money.

On top of that, I am :cry: because of Shoma. He had 19.25 for TES! 19! :bang: Downgrades, falls and invalid combo! Poor lamb. He'll be gutted. I am sad.

Layback11

Record Breaker
On top of that, I am :cry: because of Shoma. He had 19.25 for TES! 19! :bang: Downgrades, falls and invalid combo! Poor lamb. He'll be gutted. I am sad.

19?!? :cry: Poor thing!

That is an upper-middle-of-the-pack ladies TES score on the JGP.

And now I am in a pitysome state. If that's a word.

(Even if it isn't, it should be. Either way, it is quite fitting to this situation.)

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
19?!? :cry: Poor thing!

That is an upper-middle-of-the-pack ladies TES score on the JGP.

And now I am in a pitysome state. If that's a word.

(Even if it isn't, it should be. Either way, it is quite fitting to this situation.)

Yes, thank you for rubbing that in. ;) :laugh:

Last edited:

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I didn't mean it like that at all!!! (Although I guess from the emoticons you caught that?)

I was trying to express my sympathy. :cry:

Oh, yes, I was only teasing. And now I am sitting on my sofa at gone 5am eating chicken and super grain M&S soup feeling sad... what is my life? :laugh:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just saw Sabinfire's vid of Ross :)clap: as always).

And why was I not watching Ross Miner before? He has presence! And New York State of Mind, the original by Mr. Billy Joel, cut, but not half badly.

OK, his spins could be faster (butt spin, even as part of a combo:disapp:) and *no* Russian splits please, because you will be compared to you know who. But loving his presentation: go Ross!:cheer2:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I've seen C/T and D/B now. I enjoyed both programs a lot and think both have improved a lot since I last saw them. D/B's program in particular is really fun for me just on an 'I enjoyed watching that' level, though the tech side needs some work.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I still question if Tammy Gambill can take her skaters and make them champions at the Senior level. She's great in developing Novice and Junior skaters but hasn't yet shown she can take her skaters to the next level and be champions. Ricky since he made a big splash at Nationals in 2011 hasn't done nearly as well as his talent says he should.

i think about it too, i am glad i am not the only one, Ricky seems to have everything except competetive mentality :cry: i hope he is preparing himself for GP and Nationals and hopefully Worlds! and i hope we can see video the video soon :yay:

aromaticchicken

On the Ice

To be fair, I'm pretty sure he's always had that leg wrap... And hammer toe... And flutzes.

If I recall correctly, he was actually pretty lucky at junior world's because his long program quad was extremely underrated (and a fall) but they called it as a 4T<< rather than a 3T which is what it looked like to me.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Finally watched Andrew's SP. WOW! WOW WOW WOW! :love: :love: :love:

And as seems to be statutory requirement for a Dodds, I loved the costume, too. ;)