2015 US Nationals Jr Ice Dance SD | Golden Skate

2015 US Nationals Jr Ice Dance SD

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The 2016 U.S. Figure Skating Championships will take place Jan. 15-24 in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Icenetwork will provide live coverage of the event to Season Pass Subscribers

Junior Short Dance

Wednesday, January 20, 2016
11:20 am - 1:05 pm local

Junior Free Dance
Friday, January 22, 2016
9:00 am - 11:28 am local

What time is it now in St. Paul, Minnesota?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/usa/st-paul

Compare to a time zone near you?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...136&p5=179&p6=224&p7=248&p8=33&p9=240&p10=236

SD Start order
Live results: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2016/18516/CAT016SEG031.html
PlaceStartNameScore
1Katherine Grosul, SC of Novi
Cameron Colucci, Philadelphia SC & HS
2Rebecca Lucas, University of Delaware FSC
Jacob Schedl, Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights
3Rachel Parsons, Washington FSC
Michael Parsons, Washington FSC
4Chloe Lewis, All Year FSC
Logan Bye, SC of New York
5Aya Takai, Detroit SC
Alexander Martin, Detroit SC
6Christina Carreira, SC of New York
Anthony Ponomarenko, SC of San Francisco
7Julia Biechler, SC of Wilmington
Damian Dodge, Peninsula SC
8Elliana Pogrebinsky, Peninsula SC
Alex Benoit, Skokie Valley SC
9Eliana Gropman, Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights
Ian Somerville, Washington FSC
10Gigi Becker, Washington FSC
Luca Becker, Washington FSC
11Lorraine McNamara, Peninsula SC
Quinn Carpenter, Washington FSC
12Alina Efimova, Peninsula SC
Kyle MacMillan, Washington FSC
13Elizabeth Addas, All Year FSC
Jonathan Schultz, FSC of Southern California

The USFSA announced list of Junior Ice Dance teams who have qualified to Nationals. Thank you golden411icecoverage, for the link to the pdf file:
http://usfigureskating.org/content/2016 qualifiers.pdf
in this thread:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?57438-USFS-list-of-all-qualifiers-for-2016-Nats

Junior Ice Dance Qualifiers​

Eastern

Gigi Becker (Washington FSC)/Luca Becker (Washington FSC)
SD "Nutcracker Waltz" by Tchaikovsky; choreo by E. Novak
FD Selections of African beats by various artists; choreo by E. Novak​

Julia Biechler (The SC of Wilmington)/Damian Dodge (Peninsula SC)
SD Foxtrot, Waltz: Close Your Eyes Meghan Trainor; choreo by Yovanny Durango and Natalia Linichuk
FD Nocturne performed by Lucia Micarelli, Bohemian Rhapsody performed by Lucia Micarelli; choreo by Yovanny Durango and Natalia Linichuk

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56461-Julia-Biechler-amp-Damian-Dodge

Lydia Erdman (Philadelphia SC & HS)/Alexey Shchepetov (Philadelphia SC & HS)
SD "Complainte De La Butte” by Rufus Wainwright; choreo by Slava Uchitel
FD “Overture”, “Unchained Melody”,and “Suspend My Disbelief/I Had a Life” from from the Ghost (the Musical) soundtrack by Simon Lee; choreo by Slava Uchitel​

Rebecca Lucas (University of Delaware FSC)/Jacob Schedl (Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights)
SD “Brindisi” from La Traviata
FD “Diga Diga Do” and “Save My Soul” Big Bad Voodoo Daddy and “Pencil Full of Lead” by Paolo Nutini​

Midwestern

Eliana Gropman (Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights)/Ian Somerville (Washington FSC)
SD "The Story Of An Unknown Actor: IV. Waltz of Farewell" by Alfred Schnittke; choreo by Elena Novak, Ramil Sarkulov
FD "Ice Queen" by Dinletir & "Rebirth 2" by Solace; choreo by Elena Novak, Ramil Sarkulov​

Katherine Grosul (SC of Novi)/Cameron Colucci (Philadelphia SC & HS)
SD Merry Go Round by Joe Hisaishi
FD West Side Story soundtrack; choreo by Slava Uchitel​

Elliana Pogrebinsky (Peninsula SC)/Alex Benoit (Skokie Valley SC)
SD "My Sweet and Tender Beast" by Eugene Doga; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet by Craig Armstrong, De la haine a l'amour (from "Romeo et Juliette") by Gerard Presgurvic, William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet by Craig Armstrong; choreo by Igor Shpilband​

Aya Takai (Detroit SC)/Alexander Martin (Detroit SC)
SD Up soundtrack; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo
FD “Someone Like You” and “Rolling in the Deep” by Adele; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo​

Pacific Coast

Elizabeth Addas (All Year FSC)/Jonathan Schultz (FSC of Southern California) /
SD "Buongiorno a te”, “Funiculi Funicula;" choreo byArleen Barton, Ben Agosto
FD “Symphony No. 5 in C Minor”, “Op.67”, “Moonlight Sonata” by Beethoven; choreo by Arleen Barton, Ben Agosto​

Christina Carreira (The SC of New York)/Anthony Ponomarenko (The SC of San Francisco)
SD Charlie Chaplin: Waltz: Eternally, Polka: The Floorwalker, City Lights; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD Poursuite and Ausencia by Goran Bregovic, Black Cat, White Cat by Dr. Nelle Karajlic, performed by Goran Bregovic; choreo by Igor Shpilband

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?56460-Christina-Carreira-amp-Anthony-Ponomarenko

Alina Efimova (Peninsula SC)/Kyle MacMillan (Washington FSC)
SD TBD
FD Romeo & Juliet soundtrack; choreo by Alexei Kiliakov, Elena Novak, Dmytri Ilin​

Chloe Lewis (All Year FSC)/Logan Bye (The SC of New York)
SD "Valse Triste from Kuolema Op. 44" by Leonard Bernstein; choreo by Igor Shpilband
FD "Soledad" by Gidon Kremer, "Miloga Loca" and "Tristeza Separacion" by Astor Piazolla; choreo by Igor Shpilband​

Bye

Lorraine McNamara (Peninsula SC)/Quinn Carpenter (Washington FSC)
SD Peer Gynt Suite: "Anitra's Dance" and "In the Hall of the Mountain King" by Edvard Grieg; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov
FD Carmen Suite by Georges Bizet; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?55989-Lorraine-McNamara-amp-Quinn-Carpenter

Rachel Parsons (Washington FSC)/Michael Parsons (Washington FSC)
SD Waltz: Cinderella's Departure for the Ball by Sergei Prokofiev; Choreography: Elena Novak
FD La Malamada by Medialuna Tango Project, Palabras y Viento by Medialuna Tango Project; Choreography: Elena Novak

FAN FEST: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...hel-amp-Michael-Parsons&p=1238686#post1238686

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Anything else needed?

(1) First and foremost, an extended round of applause is needed for you, Doris :bow:.
This one OP alone obviously required a ton of work.
And I know that you have been working on many more OPs and threads for US Nats, Canadian Nats, Russian Junior Nats ...

Many thanks, Doris :).

(2) If you would like to add the dates/times for the segments:

Junior SD
Wed Jan 20 11:20 am - 1:05 pm local

Junior FD
Fri Jan 22 9:00 am - 11:28 am local

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7V7k7oxOFY

This is Alina Efimova and Kyle MacMillan's SD from Mids.

I was unable to identify the music.

Does anyone recognize it?

As to McNamara and Carpenter, they have been junior quite a while, but I think they would still be eligible next year, too.

Lorraine is 16, Quinn 19.

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013356.htm

The Parsons are also eligible for next season as well. I checked. When the 2016 season starts, Rachel will be 18 and Michael 20. So one year left. But I'm pretty sure they'll probably want to go to seniors next year...getting a little old.

Layback11

Record Breaker
This should be an amazing event...crazy to think that just a few years ago, no more than ten or fifteen, our dance depth was maybe a quarter of what it is now, and suddenly we have four junior teams who have medaled on the JGP without even considering the seniors. Crazy.

And awesome! :cheer:

Personally, I want to see M/C win (which is pretty much a lock anyway) and Carreira/Ponomarenko on the podium, and in my dreams, Gropman/Sommerville as well, but it doesn't look likely. But they're still presh and I loved them at JGP USA so...yeah?

US junior dance is LIFE! :dance2: :biggrin:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This should be an amazing event...crazy to think that just a few years ago, no more than ten or fifteen, our dance depth was maybe a quarter of what it is now, and suddenly we have four junior teams who have medaled on the JGP without even considering the seniors. Crazy.

And awesome! :cheer:

Personally, I want to see M/C win (which is pretty much a lock anyway) and Carreira/Ponomarenko on the podium, and in my dreams, Gropman/Sommerville as well, but it doesn't look likely. But they're still presh and I loved them at JGP USA so...yeah?

US junior dance is LIFE! :dance2: :biggrin:

Do you think it's possible to see a SD score of 70 and FD score of 100 at nats this year?

Layback11

Record Breaker
I mean like for M/C. Cause if they got 66+ and 97+ in the SD and FD respectively in a GP event this season, I wouldn't be surprised to see hyperinflation.

100 could happen. But I'm not sure if 70+ is plausible, even with inflation. But we'll see...(If it's at a competition where Ashley can get 149 for a FS, anything goes. :shrug:)

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Whatever the scores, this event is going to be DEEP.

1. McNamara & Carpenter (Junior World silver medalists, JGPF champions, Colorado Springs JGP champions, Torun JGP champions, reigning junior national champions). Broke a couple junior world records this season. Current highest FD score in junior dance this season.
2. The Parsons (4th place at Junior Worlds, JGPF bronze medalists, Bratislava JGP champions, Zagreb JGP champions, reigning national junior silver medalists). Hold the junior world record in the SD.
3. Carreira & Ponomarenko (Came out ranked third of the U.S. junior dance teams on the JGP, second alternates to the JGPF, silver medalists at JGP Torun, 4th place in JGP Riga, 1st at Pacific Sectionals, 5th place at last year's nationals)
4. Pogrebinsky & Benoit (Reigning U.S. junior bronze medalists, only team to defeat McNamara & Carpenter in any portion of any competition this season--at the Chesapeake Open, 3rd at JGP Logrono, 4th at JGP Austria, ranked 10th on JGP, 13th at Junior Worlds, Midwestern Sectionals champions)
5. Biechler & Dodge (Bronze at JGP Austria, where they defeated Pogrebinsky & Benoit, 4th place at JGP Bratislava, defeated Carreira & Ponomarenko at Chesapeake Open, 7th & 8th place at the last two Junior Nationals, Eastern Sectionals champions, ranked 12th on JGP)
6. Lewis & Bye (Youth Olympic qualifiers and champions of the YOG qualifying event, defeated the Parsons at the Chesapeake Open, 5th place at JGP Colorado Springs, 5th place at JGP Logrono, ranked 16th on JGP, 7th place at last year's nationals, second at Pacific Sectionals where their FD score practically tied Carreira & Ponomarenko's).
7. Becker & Becker (2014 Novice National Champions, 5th place at JGP Zagreb, 9th place at last year's Junior Nationals, silver medalists at Eastern Sectionals)
8. Grosul & Colucci (Silver medalists in last year's U.S. Novice Championships, silver medalists at Midwestern Sectionals, defeated Gropman & Somerville at sectionals)
9. Gropman & Somerville (Qualified in second place for the Youth Olympic Games--though apparently then someone decided not to send a second team, 2014 U.S. Novice silver medalists, 10th at JGP Colorado Springs, 3rd at Midwestern Sectionals)

And that short little list there is the list of the teams I CANNOT miss. Top teams are all ranked on my list according to current JGP ranking--until you get to Grosul & Colucci. Not sure where to put them...

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
File Grosul & Colucci under The Future.

I fell in love with them at Lake Placid ...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
2016 US Nationals Junior Dance

Short dance: 11:20 a.m., Central Standard Time, Wednesday, Jan. 20

SD Start order
Live results: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leaderboard/results/2016/18516/CAT016SEG031.html
PlaceStartNameScore
1Katherine Grosul, SC of Novi
Cameron Colucci, Philadelphia SC & HS
2Rebecca Lucas, University of Delaware FSC
Jacob Schedl, Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights
3Rachel Parsons, Washington FSC
Michael Parsons, Washington FSC
4Chloe Lewis, All Year FSC
Logan Bye, SC of New York
5Aya Takai, Detroit SC
Alexander Martin, Detroit SC
6Christina Carreira, SC of New York
Anthony Ponomarenko, SC of San Francisco
7Julia Biechler, SC of Wilmington
Damian Dodge, Peninsula SC
8Elliana Pogrebinsky, Peninsula SC
Alex Benoit, Skokie Valley SC
9Eliana Gropman, Pavilion SC of Cleveland Heights
Ian Somerville, Washington FSC
10Gigi Becker, Washington FSC
Luca Becker, Washington FSC
11Lorraine McNamara, Peninsula SC
Quinn Carpenter, Washington FSC
12Alina Efimova, Peninsula SC
Kyle MacMillan, Washington FSC
13Elizabeth Addas, All Year FSC
Jonathan Schultz, FSC of Southern California

Last edited:

humbaba

Final Flight
When you see all those names together you realize how very deep the US is in junior dance. That line-up is just phenomenal. I'm going to have a tough time working in a fridge break. And when am I gonna get to pee??!!

Layback11

Record Breaker
When you see all those names together you realize how very deep the US is in junior dance. That line-up is just phenomenal. I'm going to have a tough time working in a fridge break. And when am I gonna get to pee??!!

I knooowwww!!! :drama: And they said we don't have good juniors...funny joke. We shall kick ice dance butt! YAAAAH!

#AtDawnWeTwizzle

Ekm

On the Ice
Excited for this! So much talent! Looking forward to seeing M&C again, and hoping C/P skate well enough to medal.