2015 Winter Universiade | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Winter Universiade

adelia

Record Breaker
But it is still weird...Belarusians advanced over Russians??
No. It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the Belarusians. For whatever reasons, that judge wanted to make it harder for them to medal. Who knows what the reasons might be.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I had a look at the Pair SP's protocols and I don't understand how the german judge can give Astakhova/Rogonov and Bazarova/Deputat lower PCS than Paliakova/Bochkov... I have nothing against the belarusians but he gave them 4.75 in skating skills when Vera and Andrei only got 4.5 :think:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wu2015/wu2015_Pairs_SP_Scores.pdf
Maybe the judge is a Yu/Jin supporter who wants to neutralize the Russian threat. :think: (Btw, how are we even supposed to know which judge gave what score... isn't it all scrambled up and secret?)

xiangfuzi

On the Ice
I had a look at the Pair SP's protocols and I don't understand how the german judge can give Astakhova/Rogonov and Bazarova/Deputat lower PCS than Paliakova/Bochkov... I have nothing against the belarusians but he gave them 4.75 in skating skills when Vera and Andrei only got 4.5 :think:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wu2015/wu2015_Pairs_SP_Scores.pdf

I think it's just because they are the first two pairs to start performing. The same thing is happened on Koz in yesterday's Men SP.
However I don't think it's exactly the German judge who gives Astakhova/Rogonov and Bazarova/Deputat extremely low PCS as the judge rank in protocol is random.

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
I think it's just because they are the first two pairs to start performing. The same thing is happened on Koz in yesterday's Men SP.
However I don't think it's exactly the German judge who gives Astakhova/Rogonov and Bazarova/Deputat extremely low PCS as the judge rank in protocol is random.
No, it's not because they were the first 2 pairs performing. Because the pair right after them had no such issues. The lowest the French received were 6s.
But yes, it could be any judge, not necessarily the German judge.

Reynnou

On the Ice
No, it's not because they were the first 2 pairs performing. Because the pair right after them had no such issues. The lowest the French received were 6s.
But yes, it could be any judge, not necessarily the German judge.

I thought it was the german judge based on that link but whoever it was, I just don't get his judging...

Poice

Final Flight
TDP will air the competition at 11:30 PM CET, according to their schedule. I give up on trying to watch any of it live.

Thank you for information!

Edit:
OMG....Kozuka bombed once again....two falls....and he's behind Liebers :drama:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Link to watch the TDP coverage on demand. It does work for me now with Hola.

http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/...e-artistico-programa-corto-masculino/2981368/

They only started with the warm-up for group 4, so I guess only the last 2 groups were aired.

It's not working for me, I'm afraid.

HOWEVER, you know I was telling you a few days ago that there was a user on YouTube that was uploading HD videos with Spanish commentary. Well, they have continued to do so for the Universiade.

They also only have the final 2 groups from the Men's SP, so that reinforces your theory that that was all tdp showed.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Lota

Record Breaker
Just watched some of the pairs, A/R and Y/J were marvelous! :love: I wonder though, is this their last competition of the season?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
1. Liebers 2. Kozuka 3. Gachinsky

Congratulations to the medalists, but their final scores are still so lower than their potential.

Song Nan is off the podium..sigh.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
What happened to Kozuka ? Bombing as I guess ? :sarcasm:

The FP protocols are not ready yet, so I don't know in detail.
In SP, he fell twice on his first jumps and I guess his jumps were not successful again in FS.