2015 Winter Universiade | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 Winter Universiade

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
1. Liebers 2. Kozuka 3. Gachinsky

Congratulations to the medalists, but their final scores are still so lower than their potential.

Song Nan is off the podium..sigh.

Thanks for the update. Kozuka may have bombed with 2 deductions but at least he's still on the podium. That's a relief.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, my predictions were lousy once again. :drama: How can you ever guess what these men are going to do? Moris bombed the SP, but was 4th in the FS. He only fell once today - that's pretty good for him!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Ugh, my heart hurts for Taka but at least he got a Silver ..:hopelessness: Sad for Raya though....I was really hoping he'd keep it together to get the min requirements for Worlds. Anyone know if he's planning any other compeitions?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, my predictions were lousy once again. :drama: How can you ever guess what these men are going to do? Moris bombed the SP, but was 4th in the FS. He only fell once today - that's pretty good for him!
What have our standards become...? :hopelessness:

I hope Mura kills it at 4CC and Worlds. For all the reputed strength of the Japanese men... some of them really have trouble getting it together. I miss Machida...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
1. Liebers 2. Kozuka 3. Gachinsky

Congratulations to the medalists, but their final scores are still so lower than their potential.

Song Nan is off the podium..sigh.

*unhappy sigh*

I won't give up on you, Artur. Next year you're going to have your Liza year. I know it!

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker

I hope Mura kills it at 4CC and Worlds. For all the reputed strength of the Japanese men... some of them really have trouble getting it together. I miss Machida...

To be fair, most of the men in general have trouble getting it together and Machida wasn't exactly consistent either :hopelessness: I think generally speaking, most of the men can only deliver one really good compeition a season (sometimes 2) lol. And I'm hoping that's the case for some of these guys...

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
To be fair, most of the men in general have trouble getting it together and Machida wasn't exactly consistent either :hopelessness: I think generally speaking, most of the men can only deliver one really good compeition a season (sometimes 2) lol. And I'm hoping that's the case for some of these guys...
I know... But I miss him anyway. I felt that... I dunno, if Kozuka and Mura are slaying it all over the place, there'd be no hole to fill.

I honestly don't know who I'm rooting for in the men's field these days...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker

That's what I thought...Since Machida is retired, I'm inclined to root for Mura to win at 4CC although there will be too many variables to guarantee his defending the title.
Kozuka was placed 6th at the last Worlds, so let's see how Kozuka and Mura will do this time.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
congratz to all the medalists, and special congratz to peter, coming from 4th place to win the title and its only his 2nd competition this year, hopefully he is gonna get better at worlds , and rest of the men please get it together!!

xiangfuzi

On the Ice
Maybe the judge is a Yu/Jin supporter who wants to neutralize the Russian threat. :think: (Btw, how are we even supposed to know which judge gave what score... isn't it all scrambled up and secret?)

If this's because politics, I don't think it has anything to do with Yu/Jin as I believe the Russians has no threat to Yu/Jin.
It's more likely that the judge perefer France pairs to medal. Not only Russians but all three pairs who got similiar TES with JAMES/CIPRES (include anther Chinese Pair Wang/Zhang) received a extremely low PCS score.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
If this's because politics, I don't think it has anything to do with Yu/Jin as I believe the Russians has no threat to Yu/Jin.
It's more likely that the judge perefer France pairs to medal. Not only Russians but all three pairs who got similiar TES with JAMES/CIPRES (include anther Chinese Pair Wang/Zhang) received a extremely low PCS score.
Never say never. :slink: Yu/Jin should have the win locked up, but who knows how they'll skate the free. Having a bigger gap between them and the Russians would give Y/J a bigger mistake-margin for the LP.

But the judge wanting James/Cipres to medal probably makes more sense.

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
The results are suprising as ever for the men competition: Peter Liebers in front of Taka?! I haven't watch any of this. So my comment is based on the reslut page.
The PCS results seems a bit peculiar. What I don't understand is, why Peter Liebers was yesterday in PCS equal to Artur Gachinsky and today with a better performance 3 points lower :think: - perhaps a try-quads-effect for Artur? I not talking about weather too high/low/just right, just wondering.

peg

Medalist
I see S/K not on the list for ice dance, anyone know why?

My understanding is that Nikita is no longer a student, and therefore they don't qualify. At least that's what people were saying in some other threads, but I can't remember exactly where.

xiangfuzi

On the Ice
Never say never. :slink: Yu/Jin should have the win locked up, but who knows how they'll skate the free. Having a bigger gap between them and the Russians would give Y/J a bigger mistake-margin for the LP.

But the judge wanting James/Cipres to medal probably makes more sense.

If it's for Yu/Jin, the judge should give Yu/Jin some high PCS. However, there is no notable high PCS for Yu/Jin. In contrast, they even got no exclusive highest score in any PCS item though they started last and showed the only perfect performance.
In fact, the PCS gap between Yu/Jin and BAZAROVA/DEPUTAT decreases compared to they competied together last time in NHK, though Yu/Jin got 4 points higher TES than BAZAROVA/DEPUTAT here and 1 points lower TES than them in NHK.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I just finished watching the Pairs short. I agree with the placements but I would have the Top 4 closer together. Were the Chinese really 5pts better than both Russian couples? I like their route but in terms of PCS I would have had B/Z first. Vera two footed the landing of her 3T but I think they have improved every time I have seen them. Interesting to see that J/C who placed 5th in Euros are currently placed behind the 4th & 5th ranked Russians.

I know some people have commented on the Belarussian team but I really liked this performance, they have got good content but don't always execute it well. Maria Paliakova does their choreography, which I liked. I didn't think they were going to turn up here as they looked to be extremely unhappy with each other last Sunday in Stockholm but they were all smiles today and scored a new PB.

Roll on the Free. I guess it's Chinas to lose.