2015 World Pairs Free Skate March 26 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 World Pairs Free Skate March 26

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I think that's the first time I've ever seen them do the final lift the way they intended it to--and of course the camera people at the event manage to get it from the worst angle possible. The camera work is so consistently bad it can't be accidental, can it?

Probably the best FD I've seen from them.

Earlier the crew went full on shaky cam. It looked like someone almost dropped the camera :rolleye:

paircheck

Final Flight
WOW what a superb Group

S/B without a mistake, superb connection ... min 9th ....wooooowwwww

M/H and I/M with so much potential for the future...

J/C so emotional

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
They are nearly about to burst into tear. They made major mistakes in free at Euros and Universiade, so it is natural for them to be filled with emotions after they decently finished the free.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
The judging has been good so far I think. Makes me hopeful for later. I just want the result to be fair no matter who wins.

I'd be happy with almost any combo of the final 2 flights on the podium if they are the three best skates. I do have a soft spot for P/T though and I'd love to see K/S get medals.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Boy..is the announcer ever chipper. I think they are giving away door prizes!

Or maybe it's bingo. Anything to warm up the crowd? I'm trying to figure out why she is yelling and my scandalous lack of Mandarin (or Cantonese) is letting me down. :-(

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
Eurosport is repeating the SP during the break.

S/H and P/T were insane

I cannot see D/R with 4 points in front...

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
To bad about the mistakes made by Lubov and Dylan and Valentina and Ondrej (he looked quite pale to me).
Lovely skate by Vanessa and Morgan so emotional, loved it! S/B were great. I am not familiar with this
Canadian team but I liked what I saw today.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'd have them 2 points up myself. Just like in dance I'd have had the top 4-5 closer together.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
WOW what a superb Group

S/B without a mistake, superb connection ... min 9th ....wooooowwwww

M/H and I/M with so much potential for the future...

J/C so emotional

You sum up the group's performances very well. I love S/B's lovely performance. They are like pigeons, so soft and pure.
I/M, I like their James Bond choreography a lot, which is very unique and entertaining. M/H has a lot of potentials indeed.
J/C, so touching and mesmerizing; finally their mission to cleanly perform the free completed. Well done. :clap:

LaLola

On the Ice
This group was already very exciting, loved J/C and it is such a pleasure to watch Valentina skate! German Eurosport repeating top 3 SP right now.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
S/B are silver jr. world medalists and 3rd in Canada. They are the reason Kristen Moore-Towers didn't make it back to the worlds with her new partner.

Well to be honest KMT/MM are the reason they didn't make it but you get what I'm saying.

I think of of all the couples in Canada I might like S/B the most. If L/M can properly gel together they will be neck in neck. I've never been a D/R fan. I didn't even like Duhamel's skating when she was with Craig Buntin and I know him (kinda).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
It is positively mind boggling that the US has an actual chance of finishing high enough to qualify three pairs next year. Which would make the most successful disciplines in the US Pairs and Dance.

Hmm, I hope it works out because me likes the sound of that LOL!

Florentina

On the Ice
Watching on Eurosport, I really notice what a difference a knowledgeable commentator makes. It's really nice to have someone there who really knows about all the technical aspects and the scoring system. And someone who sticks to informing viewers on the technical aspects, mistakes and how it's gonna affect the score, as well as the different aspects of PCS.

ETA: I'm watching Dutch ESP, just realized my post could be kinda confusing without that detail ;)

Last edited: