2015 World Team Trophy Ladies FS Apr 18 | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Ladies FS Apr 18

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Point wise, including the 3A instead of the solo 3Lz does not get Liza that big of an advantage.
BUT I think she used this competition solely for the purpose of trying the 3A in the long. Her current layout is not very point efficient since it contains just one 3Lz (her money jump). Not to mention the risk of Zayak since she tries the axel jump 3 times.
By next season her layout will most likely be different. She has so many possibilities, she can bring back her monstruos 2A-3T for example
Yep. Mishin mentioned at Worlds that she doesn't yet have the stamina/focus to perform 6-7 triples after the 3A. So taking out the lutz, the second hardest jump, is just a way for Liza to perform 3A in Japan without making the rest of the program impossible.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
PCS remains a mystery to me. Liza = Mao level PCS with that program! :confused2:

And apparently it is 15 points difference to Zijun :eek:hwell:

slider11

Medalist
I just don't understand Elizaveta's high artistry scores. She has fabulous jumps but I find her movements almost cursory and not finished. She's a lovely girl and a striking image on the ice but I don't see the same quality of expression put forth by Ashley and Gracie. Elena Rad is also a fast little jumper but I'm missing the maturity in the performance. But both Russian girls are young so that perhaps will come. Gracie, I think, got a bit of a gift with that score. Her step sequence may have saved her. Her artistry is lovely but missing jumps is not good. She seemed tired but no excuses.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Because Ashley was very underscored. She should have passed 130 with that skate. I wonder how she feels when she sees the girls get 130+ easily.

I guess Ashley UR'd a lot again. When she left the rink her TES was at ~67, her final TES was 60.50. Difficult for anyone to get 130 with such losses.

Last edited:

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Yep. Mishin mentioned at Worlds that she doesn't yet have the stamina/focus to perform 6-7 triples after the 3A. So taking out the lutz, the second hardest jump, is just a way for Liza to perform 3A in Japan without making the rest of the program impossible.

I appreciate this "slow and steady" approach. Of course, it works well because Liza is just so solid on her technique.

andromache

Record Breaker
Go ladies, regardless of country. Satoko, Liza, Elena, Ashley, Kana, and Gracie all had skates that I enjoyed watching.

None of them were perfect, and everyone has room to grow (which we all knew after Worlds, let's be honest.)

I can't wait to see how everyone develops further next year, especially with the entry of some excellent juniors into competition who will just push everyone even more. Who would've predicted such a deep ladies field in a post-Olympic year?

randomfan

Record Breaker
I guess Ashley UR'd a lot again. When the left the rink her TES was at ~67, her final TES was 60.50. Difficult for anyone to get 130 with such losses.

Yeah, her triple-triples got UR. I thought they actually looked okay though :shrug:

Finally we get to see the victory ceremony :cheer2:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well just woke to see sadly that Gracie skated back to the field. The girl has got to figure out how to skate when leading especially if she wants to be a champion.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I think Russia lost the gold with the men... they really skated badly

Yep, they didn't pull their own weight. Pairs was pretty bad too. Ahh well, amazing they were 1 point from first place after all this.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Highest TES of the day: Satoko. :cheer: Now if only she got the PCS to match... :mad:
If pre-rotations were called, Satoko's TES would look closer to Zijun's than her current ones. :slink:

I can't believe I'm saying this, because all year I've been going "Oh, the jumps are just small, not UR" "Why so much fuss over the jumps? The rest of her skating is good." But what's seen can't be unseen. :hopelessness:

Trewyn

Medalist
I guess Ashley UR'd a lot again. When the left the rink her TES was at ~67, her final TES was 60.50. Difficult for anyone to get 130 with such losses.

That's the thing. I didn't see that many URs. The 3L-3S looked very clean, not 100% about the 3Lutz-3Toe, but Satoko's jumps looked just as questionable if not more. I think she must've lost points in a spin again. Also; lower PCS than Gracie, when Gracie was clearly falling apart start to finish? I'm upset not just at the score but at the score comparative to Satoko and Gracie.

ETA: protocols - 3S in combo was deemed UR, really didn't look that way in the slowmo I saw. + first combo ur and 3 lutz ur and edge. Harsh calls on the combos + 1 spin level 3 instead of 4.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
At least today I have found another flaw of Yuzuru, worst cheerleader ever. :disapp: