2015 World Team Trophy Mens SP Apr 16 | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Mens SP Apr 16

Caustica

Final Flight
TBH I thought Yuzu looked more tired during this SP than GPF, and in general this SP was worse than GPF's. He got quite a bit higher GOE for both his 4T (2.71 vs 2.00) and 3A (2.71 vs 2.43) here, which I don't agree with... :shrug: Anyway, his 1st place is undoubtable, of course... I'm just nitpicking.

Last edited:

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
They don't combine the scores here do they?

Meaning as for the placement points? I don't think so because they were announcing each country's position. The tables already show the numbers for the SP, so the placements (I guess) are independent from the FS.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
TBH I thought Yuzu looked more tired during this SP than GPF, and in general this SP was worse than GPF's. He got way quite a bit higher GOE for both his 4T (2.71 vs 2.00) and 3A (2.71 vs 2.43) here, which I don't agree with... :shrug: Anyway, his 1st place is undoubtable, of course... I'm just nitpicking.
Agreed. But it ultimately doesn't matter since the FS is a separate segment, and the only people who could've/should've beaten him in the SP are from non-qualifying countries or retired.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He needs more time to train this program, then he will be much better.
I didn't expect him skating so good to the opera.

I think his costume is too tight for this type of music:think:. It looks strange for me, sorry Max.

That is all right, I have the protocol for technical, but your comments are music to my ears! Thankyou!

(I do not think we'll get Max in a loose costume any time soon, but I don't think he's had a proper costume for this program made yet.)

HanDomi

Record Breaker
shame about the mistake, that would have been easily new WR imo

ok , anyway, hoping to see tomorrow killer clean LP

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
He got +2 or 3 on pretty much everything except his combo. One fall, one <. I like him, but that doesn't really reflect what I saw.

YMMV. I thought he was doing great actually until the fall. The 2 and 3 were deserved on those two jumps. The combo was the the only thing that was supremely flawed. I was actually thinking he was doing great and then he falls, so I sort of jinxed him I guess.

The PCS is debatable I think and the elements after the fall...ah well, the placement is fine with me.

Last edited:

Caustica

Final Flight
Agreed. But it ultimately doesn't matter since the FS is a separate segment, and the only people who could've/should've beaten him in the SP are from non-qualifying countries or retired.

Have the regulations for WTT changed this year then? In previous years the final placement score has been the overall winner (combining SP and FS, like other competitions) for each discipline. Looking at the table this year it seems that SP and FS are now separate...?

Rissa

Record Breaker
TBH I thought Yuzu looked more tired during this SP than GPF, and in general this SP was worse than GPF's. He got way quite a bit higher GOE for both his 4T (2.71 vs 2.00) and 3A (2.71 vs 2.43) here, which I don't agree with... :shrug: Anyway, his 1st place is undoubtable, of course... I'm just nitpicking.

I agree, that wasn't his best even when we just look at this season. I'm a die-hard Hanyu fan but even to my inexperienced and biased eyes this was not 46 PCs performance.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
YMMV. I thought he was doing great actually until the fall. The 2 and 3 were deserved on those two jumps. The combo was the the only thing that was supremely flawed. I was actually thinking he was doing great and then he falls, so I sort of jinxed him I guess.

The PCS is debatable I think and the elements after the fall...ah well, the placement is fine with me.

Yeah I agree with most of what you say. Too tired to re watch right now.

ETA re Jason: he definitely has room to improve GOE. Not a lot of love for any of his jumps today.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
TBH I thought Yuzu looked more tired during this SP than GPF, and in general this SP was worse than GPF's. He got quite a bit higher GOE for both his 4T (2.71 vs 2.00) and 3A (2.71 vs 2.43) here, which I don't agree with... :shrug: Anyway, his 1st place is undoubtable, of course... I'm just nitpicking.
Actually both his 4T and 3A here are better than GPF. His 3A at GPF he leaned forwards a bit. Here his axis was fine. I think GOE for those are understandable.

He got the deduction for the combo rightfully. PCS is home ice PCS. Not that it matters. Because the placement counts, not the scores.

After all people don't take WTT as a serious competition anyways.;)

Lindacrow

Final Flight
I agree with placement, but not score. So I guess this score doesn't really matter much here, since placements are the most important for the team not the scores and the FS is also scored indivdually, not as a combined right?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Max AARON, was good, but not great for my eyes.
Stepout 4s with hands down.
He needs more time to train this program, then he will be much better.
I didn't expect him skating so good to the opera.
That is my impression, but don't trust me, I know nothing about technical things.

I think his costume is too tight for this type of music:think:. It looks strange for me, sorry Max.

Edit; not overturned but stepout, sorry

Thank you very much, lady_bee :bow:.

"I didn't expect him skating so good to the opera" sounds promising to me :).

I think NewbieSpectator was going to be a LiveSpectator today as well?
So perhaps we eventually will be getting additional thoughts from another eyewitness to Max's new SP.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What's up with Jason getting a ! on his lutz? so random.

Unfortunately, not that random...he's been flirting with his lutz edge for years. If he was a little tired today, or fractionally off-kilter...I've actually expected him to get more !s this season than he has.

Caustica

Final Flight
Actually both his 4T and 3A here are better than GPF. His 3A at GPF he leaned forwards a bit. Here his axis was fine. I think GOE for those are understandable.

He got the deduction for the combo rightfully. PCS is home ice PCS. Not that it matters. Because the placement counts, not the scores.

After all people don't take WTT as a serious competition anyways.;)

Hmm. Here he tripped a bit during his 3A exit spreadeagle though - but it's the second bit (changed edge) so I'm not sure if it still counts.. How unfortunate it is that the spreadeagle got interrupted.

Wrt 4T I think it was very good indeed but not worth that many more points than GPF's 4T. But I thought the latter was undermarked anyway. *shrugs*

Another note: his movements seemed more 'strong' this time and less 'soft'... I think he was really determined to do everything perfectly, but I personally feel that the soft movements suit the music more :laugh: This is really nitpicky though.

I'm just having fun analysing results though :)