2015 Worlds Pairs Short Program March 25 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Pairs Short Program March 25

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
yes yes yes!!! finally they delivered, no stupid level mistakes!! so happy for sui and han , they make me excited :party: :cheer: i dont know if they deserved 2 pts lower PCS since kavaguti and smirnov are great skaters, but as long as they dont overscore last group i will be fine :)

apple123

On the Ice
S/H deserve 34+ PCS! What are the judges thinking? This is the best skate of the night so far. This is where the pair skating should be moving forwards to. Big tricks, full energy, emotional performance! Come on, judges!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
If the US can get a good pair team they will be unstoppable in the team event. If the Russians can get a top ranked reliable man then it will be a real competition. I hope this happens. More competition will, hopefully, engage the casual viewer. Unfortunately I think Canada will be in trouble at the team event.

I really liked Sui/Han.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
In saying that, the judges have left room.....alot of room for the Canadians and Chinese.

I am not sure as much as love the adorable Sui and Han for me this had the complete package of pairs I would have had it first I think K and S were a bit disheartened. It is their last world's and I think this looking at some of he scores and knowing world's tended to be higher should be say 73.5 then S and H could have their score but this is in China so I guess it is to be expected. Wow looks like the Japanese pairs won't make the freeskate unless there is a rash of injuries or something. Not getting a good feeling for D andR they will have a lot of pressure. Something tells me one of the faves won't make the final group either D and R, K and S or one of the Chinese. You can't have all three Chinese pairs in the final group with both D andR or K and S. The scoring rignt now also leaves a lot of room for the Americans final team - really great draw for them being in the final flight in the free - this was a great draw for them.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
T&M were on fire today. Majestic! Sui&Han were fantastic too. I think Sui&Han were held down a bit on PCS not to give much edge on K&S, given the fact that they got a much higher TES. So, P&T will win the PCS among chinese pairs, I think.
I feel like a horrible person, but I still don't "get" T/M. :hopelessness: Their elements are incredible. But I don't see a lot of "program" there. S/H, on the other hand, have the best SP of the year. It's the perfect vehicle for them, and they sell the heck out of it. I think their PCS should look more like K/S's rather than T/M's.

But for what it's worth, I do think T/M were underscored in TES, relative to K/S (as much as I love K/S).

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
They do, Sugarpova! Let's both light candles! :biggrin:
I'm going to see if anyone's put anything up on YouTube yet, now that the stream dried up.
I will light!:p
I adore lots of younger teams but for K/S this event is incredibly important especially with V/T return looming on the horizon. we can only pray :bow:

I feel like a horrible person, but I still don't "get" T/M. Their elements are incredible. But I don't see a lot of "program" there.
not juts you. i saw a lot of comments in the press that T/M dont have their style yet. I think they do but I can see where others are coming from

aw they're showing a docu about Rodnina now :love:

Last edited:

bj80alex

Rinkside
When Sui was in the air for the throw, Hongbo was murmuring "Oh no..". But she nailed it, and both Hongbo and Yao Bin were in a huge relief:biggrin:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Tomas Verner in commentating in Czech Televison. They are talking about Carolina now. He said she is one of the most fair and clean athletes there and think it is such a shame for her.

Alba

Record Breaker
I feel like a horrible person, but I still don't "get" T/M. :hopelessness: Their elements are incredible. But I don't see a lot of "program" there. S/H, on the other hand, have the best SP of the year. It's the perfect vehicle for them, and they sell the heck out of it. I think their PCS should look more like K/S's rather than T/M's.

I agree about the "program" thing. I don't like their programs at all, but performance&Intepretation was all there today. Still, except for TR for which they got 7.93, S&H got all 8s in PCS. Same as K&S, although the latter got higher 8s.
I think they deserve more PCS but not by holding down T&M.

But for what it's worth, I do think T/M were underscored in TES, relative to K/S (as much as I love K/S).

I agree. The quality of their elements was way better.