2016 Finlandia Trophy Ladies FS | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2016 Finlandia Trophy Ladies FS

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Pogorilaya with 3 URs, including the UR on the 1Lo and the UR on the 3S in her 3 jump combo.

Half her jumps also were -GOE.

Pretty harsh.

I'm starting to wonder how Satoko is going to fair this season. She looks improved on the back end of her combos but the tech panels seem absolutely extra stingy in most events this season in regards to UR's. Like judge number 6 stingy :hpull:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm starting to wonder how Satoko is going to fair this season. She looks improved on the back end of her combos but the tech panels seem absolutely extra stingy in most events this season in regards to UR's. Like judge number 6 stingy :hpull:
US classic was so easy.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Judges love her because she is the "perfect" skater: good SS and TR, charismatic, charming, decent interpretation, gorgeous spins, huge jumps, great step sequences.... unfortunately she is so often injured, but especially she always finds ways to mess up

No. :noshake:

Kaetlyn actually has a history of winning an earlier senior B event, Nebelhorn Gold twice and today Finlandia Trophy.

Judges really love her. They probably prefer to see big sweet smile than Anna's sad face.

Smiling when you are skating a dramatic program is stupid and inappropriate, remember Gracie's Phantom?

:laugh:

Honestly i didn't expect any less from them, Finland is probably the most anti-russian country after Canada, another great chance for Gracie and Ashley to be on the podium at Worlds. Good for Kaetlyn, this is her season! :agree:

Last edited:

mary01

Final Flight
OMG I'm soo happy and excited to see Mao on the ice, I absolutly adore her step sequence and her exquisite spins and spirals, her jumps look effortless, i would have no idea that she is injured from seeing her skate like this, just exquisite.
The choreography is soo different to what she ususally does, I like it, the music thoughout is like it's not existing, but that makes me concentrate more on the skating, so that may be a good thing
Overall I looove seeing Mao back, and can't wait to see her in the GP :points: her skating style and polish really does make her stand out from the rest!

shine

Record Breaker
Oh my, if Kaetlyn ever fully skates how that LP should be skated, it would be a masterpiece. If anyone could do that music and program justice, it's her. She's so expressive and just absolutely beautiful on the ice.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
What? WHAT?!

I don't know they have a mixed bag opinion about Russia: they trade with them but at the same time they consider Russia as a threat (mostly because of the repeated invasions in the past, and others minor issues in recent history), and even the Finns are split about this topic. It's like Poland, more or less.

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
I don't know they have a mixed bag opinion about Russia: they trade with them but at the same time they consider Russia as a threat (mostly because of the repeated invasions in the past, and others minor issues in recent history), and even the Finns are split about this topic. It's like Poland, more or less.

But...but...were the judges Finnish?

I really don't get this. How would it work?

And it's not even true, Russian performers (ballet, opera, figure skating) routinely draw full houses in Finland. People appreciate quality when they see it. I think if you took a poll, Plushenko would be the most popular figure skater ever in Finland.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
What a disappointing event. I did not expect such a shaky skating from Anna. May be she just had a bad day. For me Mao was the best.

Biellmann

Match Penalty
What a disappointing event. I did not expect such a shaky skating from Anna. May be she just had a bad day. For me Mao was the best.

Sure, when it's Anna (called the queen of falls), it's "a bad day", but when it's Yulia it's "she can't skate the LP".
The double standard here is amazing :rolleye:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Sure, when it's Anna (called the queen of falls), it's "a bad day", but when it's Yulia it's "she can't skate the LP".
The double standard here is amazing :rolleye:

Your standard of attacking people is not amazing, though. Especially taking into account that what you often say is pure absurdity. Anna had 3 cristal clean SP+FPs last season and almost clean 2 FPs this season already. Yulia have not had a clean FP since Sochi team competition. Lol.

Vili67

On the Ice
Finaly back home after 2h driving from espoo.
It was good eavening and after waiting so meny years i did now see Mao live.
Top four was in their own class and i was suprised that Kaetlyn did win.
But after all i think she was best this eavening.
And most say Joshi was good too and i love to see her skate.
She can do that flirt thing with audience when she skates.
Hope to see them live again in Helsinki 2017 WC.
Now to sleep has been long day:bed:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Judges love Osmond because she is the "perfect" skater: good SS and TR, charismatic, charming, decent interpretation, gorgeous spins, huge jumps, great step sequences.... unfortunately she is so often injured, but especially she always finds ways to mess up
No. :noshake:

I know, right? Osmond's footwork sequence here was crap. Very slow and she noticeably messed up multiple turns. It's strange because she is great at transitions, but her footwork sequences have always been underwhelming. This one was especially weak. I don't care for this program either.

Asada's program, on the other hand, is very alluring. It annoys me how they threw away a chance to do an AWESOME spiral, though. The exact place she does a short spiral right now in her choreography sequence would be SO, SO amazing at that point if it was a classic change-of-edge spiral. It sucks that literally nobody does this anymore.