2016 Four Continents Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents Ladies SP

petitebrie

On the Ice
Whenever a skater changes back to an old program in the middle of a season it does not bode well (thinking Liza in her 2nd senior season). It is not the problem of her program but her body change that affects her jumps:noshake:. If So Youn does not get back her jumps, she will soon be off the worlds team or even 4cc team in a year or two.

So Youn delivered a clean R&J (TES 69.88 + PCS 55.68 = TSS 125.56) a few weeks back, so the jumps are obviously there, but elusive: she took two (hard) falls in the short on 3Lz<< and 2A. For some reason she tends to land the Lutz in the LP and mess it up in the SP, so I think it’s more a matter of not being able to control her nerves.

I’m also worried she’ll be left off the team when the juniors become senior eligible though, like Alena Leonova. :(

Franklin99

Medalist
Whenever a skater changes back to an old program in the middle of a season it does not bode well (thinking Liza in her 2nd senior season). It is not the problem of her program but her body change that affects her jumps:noshake:. If So Youn does not get back her jumps, she will soon be off the worlds team or even 4cc team in a year or two.

But Carolina did just that during the 2013-14 after a disastrous first half of the season, and look where she ended up by the end of the season...winning bronze at both the Olympics and Worlds.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
So the ladies will start in 5 h...Good luck to everybody. Hope some videos will be uploaded on you tube.

Layback11

Record Breaker
So the ladies will start in 5 h...Good luck to everybody. Hope some videos will be uploaded on you tube.

I'm sure they will. And if you want the full video but don't have IN, Meejung Hwang on YouTube does full event uploads. She's really great about uploading them fast and most of them have commentary! I have come to rely on her channel for entertainment during workouts. :agree:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think the her biggest enemy is her body type. She didn't have the skinny body to start with even in her first senior year, so she definitely has the proper techniques for her jumps (as most Korean skaters do). But if she is slightly off from her takeoff, she will be off axel, and may fall. Someone mentioned it seems she has lost her center of gravity this season. I have the feeling she might be starving herself to control her weight. She is very thin but has a natural thick chest, which is not ideal for jumps (unless you have superior muscle power to compensate that, like Liza).

So Youn delivered a clean R&J (TES 69.88 + PCS 55.68 = TSS 125.56) a few weeks back, so the jumps are obviously there, but elusive: she took two (hard) falls in the short on 3Lz<< and 2A. For some reason she tends to land the Lutz in the LP and mess it up in the SP, so I think it’s more a matter of not being able to control her nerves.

I’m also worried she’ll be left off the team when the juniors become senior eligible though, like Alena Leonova. :(

ozmodiar

On the Ice
I think Icenetwork only does commentary for US Nationals and Skate America when they are actually there in the building. Maybe they will have commentary for Worlds this year.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
so no english commentary? i subscribe to icenetwork and eurosport player!

Now, don't quote me on this, but there might be English commentary available on the French version of the Eurosport Player, as the Ladies SP is being shown LIVE in it's entirity on Eurosport 1 France.

If English commentary is available, here are the instructions on how to get it (amended from this post):

For viewers in countries not showing the Ladies SP LIVE, if you are subscribed to Eurosport Player, open up a VPN, and go to the French version of the Eurosport Player site, http://www.eurosportplayer.fr/

Don't worry. Although everything is written in French, the procedure is EXACTLY the same as in the English version.

After you sign in, open up Eurosport 1. Click on the settings button on the video. On the British version, the only thing you can change is the picture quality. But on the other versions, there is also the option to change the language. On the French version, the options are French (FR) and English (EN). Just click on the EN button, and it will change soundtrack straight away.

And you are ready to go in the company of our boys!​

But, since none of the other versions are showing the skating LIVE, it may just be the French commentators that are commentating LIVE.

The LIVE coverage is due to start 40 minutes from now.

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just playing catch-up on the Opening Ceremony (didn't realise that it was on, and went to have my breakfast).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwRhkzbgoS8

Who was the skater in the black dress that came on during the Flag Presentation? She looked VERY familiar, but I can't think who she could be!

CaroLiza_fan

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The very American-style cheerleading was a bit :scratch2:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
KANGAROO SIGHTING!

With one of the coaches, I think. Being taken somewhere...?