2016 JGP St Gervais Men SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP St Gervais Men SP

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
He's coached by Morozov in New Jersey, but they were at Florent's summer camp, and Morozov is probably very busy right now with other skaters.

Well, our Nikolai does have quite a few skaters on his books, so he can't be everywhere at once. :laugh:

Good to see Flo helping out. And good to hear he is running camps. He is exactly the type of skater who should be doing those sorts of things! :agree:

CaroLiza_fan

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This seems a bit rough. Are they editing out the bad moments with random buffering :laugh:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Stream is pretty much unwatchable to me. After playing half a dozen HD Olympics video streams simultaneously in the house for two weeks without so much as a hiccup, this is very disappointing.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Stream is pretty much unwatchable to me. After playing half a dozen HD Olympics video streams simultaneously in the house for two weeks without so much as a hiccup, this is very disappointing.

I had been watching this in 720p, but switched down to 360p. But, it didn't make any difference. It still buffered.

Judging from the comments on here, I think the internet problems are at the other end. Which would tie in with why the stream fell off-air on us a few times during the ladies.

Still, you would expect better from an ISU YouTube stream.

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The ISU can be blamed for many things, but they don't control the internet service in St. Gervais, as far as I know.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
And last year, the stream was mostly free of problems and was working smoothly through all the JGPs if I recall correctly.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The ISU can be blamed for many things, but they don't control the internet service in St. Gervais, as far as I know.

You never know! :laugh:

I reckon that overnight Ted and the officials should go out and chop down a few of those mountains. That might help the signal...

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
And last year, the stream was mostly free of problems and was working smoothly through all the JGPs if I recall correctly.

I remember at least one that had some problems (wasn't there a power outage somewhere?). I know it's irritating but they are uploading the individual SPs as fast as they can..nothing much else we can do about it.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Until Tomoki and Kevin's turn, I hope the choppy and unbearable poor quality of the stream gets better!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I remember at least one that had some problems (wasn't there a power outage somewhere?). I know it's irritating but they are uploading the individual SPs as fast as they can..nothing much else we can do about it.

I'm not sure, but something goes through my head that that happened at Oberstdorf. So, would it have been the Nebelhorn?

Or maybe it was the Junior GP that was the same weekend as the Nebelhorn.

But, a weekend there was a competition at Oberstdorf definitely pops into my head any time that is mentioned.

CaroLiza_fan

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it was at World Arena in Colorado where the Internet wasn't very strong.

#Merica

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My hero!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

I never thought I would see the day that somebody would skate to "Fat Bottomed Girls"!!! :jaw: :rock: :laugh:

Just a pity the stream buffered during the transition from Phil Collins to Queen. Because I would have liked to hear how it was edited together.

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I Can't Dance. Nope You Can Dance. :biggrin:

Unexpected talent from Kazakhstan!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I Can't Dance. Nope You Can Dance. :biggrin:

Unexpected talent from Kazakhstan!

You know, when I was doing my research, I saw that Panikhin was down in 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] in the absolute PB order, and I thought "Eh?! But I thought he was one of the good ones last season". But, I went with it anyway, and left him out of the list I posted.

Well, that performance just shows that looking at PB's mean nothing. Because that was brilliant!

Your method of looking up videos would have been better.

Personally, I would have put him higher than 5[SUP]th[/SUP]. But, I suppose there isn't much between 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] and 5[SUP]th[/SUP] in terms of score.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: