2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I thought Alisa's strength last season was her stsq but she was slow today. Nevertheless, she was lovely to watch...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
And Marin makes a mistake. Huh. That won't be quite the top three I had in mind when this group started, then. ;-)

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Probably the pressure as a reigning junior world champion and skating at home got to Marin... but it's a really nice program.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

If this doesn't lead by a good distance, there is something badly wrong.

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Marin looked very nervous, but the way she moved on the ice was exquisite.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
alisa's hand gestures look similar to her sp last year....music is not appealing. Her jumps seem solid, I think she flutzed her opening combo. I agree she should be below mako.

marin was solid at the practice, but perhaps nerves got to her, she messed up on her jumps, I don't find her music appealing......scored 55 something, should have been behind the italian girl, too bad.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I like Marin a lot, but can't help feel a bit of schadenfreude toward the arrogant people who kept acting like she was the only one with a chance to win here.

And I really wish the Chaplin programs could go away for 3 or 4 seasons...all of them.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I like Marin a lot, but can't help feel a bit of schadenfreude toward the arrogant people who kept acting like she was the only one with a chance to win here.

Agreed! That is part of the reason I put Alisa on top in my predictions. The main part being that I was worried all this pressure would get to Marin. (And yet another part being that I am a massive Alisa fan!)

OK, Marin didn't have the perfect skate. But I am still surprised with the score. I thought everything else would be good enough to take the lead.

By the looks of things so far, the judges are being very tough this weekend.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
the korean girl ye lim kim fell opening combo, music not appealing, strange interpretation....

overall, first group for me, I would place

1. mako
2. alisa
3. italian girl
4. marin
5. ye lim

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
was not impressed with first group of girls in terms of music and interpretation....

marin seems to be the strongest jumpst, but nerves seem to have gotten to her today, too bad. maybe she will bounce back in lp