2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Ladies SP

whatif

Medalist
Stop making Anna a victim. Her enemy is only herself. She is the one who tends to bomb when it matters. She has had and continue to have plenty of opportunities. Just be consistent.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
hmmm, do you think Osmond will score like that in another grand prix ?
she last did well in a grand prix was in 2012, at skate canada winning gold !

No. I also don't think Radionova would score like that in another Grand Prix (and there's certainly no way Julia would have beaten Kostner had that Rostelecom 2013 GP not been in Russia). Wagner wouldn't score how she did at SA in another Grand Prix, Satoko will score higher in Japan (with URs overlooked), etc. etc. etc.

Yeah, and she's been super injured since 2012, which everyone who hasn't been under a rock knows.

brightphoton

Medalist
Don´t worry,

I know her name, I wrote about her before. No need to get angry, I am not responsible for the scores or that she as you said "is constantly overlooked" ;) "The Chinese" was simply put a better phrase in context with "the Japanese", later.

Good Night!

Why doesn't Zijun have a coach? What happened? an argument? coach retiring?

sneakers

Match Penalty
Inflated scoring but not egregious scoring.

Chan's (and Hanyu's) PCS in the FS were fine. Both him and Hanyu were overscored on PCS in the SP. Result was correct.

Osmond's PCS was about 2-3 points too high in both the SP and the FS, but she still deserved over 200 overall and her placement.

Placement-wise here, I'd have Julia slightly ahead of Radionova (and I'm a huge Radionova fan). We'll see what happens in the FS though - I'm anticipating a 70 for one of the Russian girls if she goes clean, and a 91-92 for Kolyada if he does the same.

I still count it all as overscored in all grand prixs.
anyway back to more relate-able topic, I really dislike Radionova's dress, those feathers make her look like she doesnt have a waist and it doesnt look good because she has a short neck.

Eclair

Medalist
Don´t worry,

I know her name, I wrote about her before. No need to get angry, I am not responsible for the scores or that she as you said "is constantly overlooked" ;) "The Chinese" was simply put a better phrase in context with "the Japanese", later.

Good Night!

Well, I'm sorry if it did seem like you didn't know her name, since you wrote everyone's name, her's being the only one replaced by nationality. Since the judges overlooked her today I got a little annoyed ;) Glad to know at least you know her!

Krunchii

Record Breaker

I guess she just refused to work with Li Mingzhu again, Pang Qing was supposed to be her secondary coach but she is currently pregnant and due in a few months.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I'd switch Elena and Yulia and bring up Elizabet and Zijun in terms of a few more points, they're too far for my taste.

It's curious that when you look at the judges, the Russian didn't low-ball Zijun at all. It was Kazakhstan and Slovakia. Actually the Russian judge scored her higher than the Chinese!

Chan's (and Hanyu's) PCS in the FS were fine. Both him and Hanyu were overscored on PCS in the SP. Result was correct.

GOE was far from fine. Chan's was inflated while Hanyu was low-balled. Result was not correct. And no, I'm not too happy with some of the GOE today either. Ah well.

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
This and every other ladies competition thread gets turned into steaming garbage by all of you trolls who whine about overscoring and then the rest of you who feed the trolls.

To those of you with actual thoughts on scoring: maybe if you didn't act like children and whine and complain you would be taken seriously. Understand other points of view and why other fans/judges agree with the scores. State your opinion like an adult and remember that you aren't the fountain of all skating knowledge and then maybe the people who want to defend scores will treat you with respect in return.

Eclair

Medalist

Her federation appointed her her old skating coach Li Mingzhu. But she greatly disliked her coaching style which involves strict diet (strict restriction on water intake) and lack of artistic vision. As Zijun describes it: Some coaches are more hostile than others. She never felt comfortable with her. So she left her on her own behalf and is now training alone.

Rissa

Record Breaker
The german commenters just said that Carolina Kostner will return for Europeans, and that made me think how it must be horrible to be in the Russian Ladies pack right now. If you're the one and only in a country you can have an off season, two off seasons, three off seasons. You can take your time to grow, you can train away your faulty bits, and your fed will love you and support you. But look at Anna. This girl would be at the top in every other country, the absolute favourite. But here, she cannot even allow a few little mistakes. Or she will be thrown aside. Is there even room to grow in that harsh environment? I criticized her program before, said that she'll never beat Evgenia if she doesn't backload her program, but maybe just holding on to that Number 2 position is such a hard thing to do, that it would be too much to ask for more attack. And to think that a few years ago there were hardly any russian ladies at the top of the world. How times change.

But would she have become the skater she is if she were from any other country?

That is the question.

I dare to answer: no, she wouldn't.

Last edited:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Stop making Anna a victim. Her enemy is only herself. She is the one who tends to bomb when it matters. She has had and continue to have plenty of opportunities. Just be consistent.

Are you referring to me? I'm not making her a victim. I just chose her as an example. You can practically exchange her name with Elena's or Julia's or Elizaveta's.

I think it's important to have something that'll set you aside from the rest of the pack. For Evgenia that is her consistency. I'm not sure, though, how long that'll last. She won't stay that way forever. At the moment she can throw down those triple jumps without breaking a sweat. I think that no matter what, Tuktamysheva should concentrate on her 3A. She won't win anything if she continues like that. As most of the ladies skate basically the same programs, I also hope that Mao will return to the 3A. Let's see what happens.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Her federation appointed her her old skating coach Li Mingzhu. But she greatly disliked her coaching style which involves strict diet (strict restriction on water intake) and lack of artistic vision. As Zijun describes it: Some coaches are more hostile than others. She never felt comfortable with her. So she left her on her own behalf and is now training alone.

wow, but I hear Zijun is from a well off family. Cant she train internationally ?
I guess she needs approval from the Chinese Fed

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Nobody ever said Zijun should be third. But did she deserve 29 PCs? No. Should she be a LOT closer to Yulia and Elena? Yes! Now the podium is basically decided, no matter how Zijun performs in the LP. And that's exactly what that huge PCS gap was intended to achieve.
Nah I wasn't complaining just asking bc some posters brought popcorn & writing passive aggressive so I genuinely want to know where's the crime
Already posted about y lovely Zijun
I just don't see it as purposeful underscoring
Still positive The judges will see the light bc imo this Zijun is very different & improved but they won't just give her her deserved marks today
Sadly & unfair yes but after more & more successful outings they won't be able to ignore her

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
But would she have become the skater she is if she were from any other country?

That is the question.

I dare to answer: probably not.

Haha, yeah, what if...but that's the thing, for example, with Carolina Kostner. She can return, just like that, and nobody's going to stop her from going to Europeans, Worlds whatever. Of course, you could blame the other Italians for not stepping up their game in the mean time. Or if Yuna would decide to return, they would roll down the red carpet for her. But imagine the podium of 2012 Leonova, or if we take Japan, Akiko Suzuki returning. They wouldn't be able to.

Last edited:

Eclair

Medalist
wow, but I hear Zijun is from a well off family. Cant she train internationally ?
I guess she needs approval from the Chinese Fed

I don't know, but I guess not. During the off-season Zijun repeatedly said that this season she'll be better than ever. My guess is that she wants to prove to herself and her federation that she is way better off without the appointed coach (whose training methods she sincerely dislikes).

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
But she greatly disliked her coaching style which involves strict diet (strict restriction on water intake) and lack of artistic vision.

Seriously?! Forget artistic vision, no wonder she got away and good on her! It must be really difficult to train alone though so I hope she finds some solution for her situation. Fingers crossed.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Pogo is so ambitious. I cannot remember seeing her to be satisfied with he score.

She looked happy when she came of the ice, but when that score came up I think she expected more. Like at Worlds. On the other hand that might motivate her for tomorrow.

Eclair

Medalist
Seriously?! Forget artistic vision, no wonder she got away and good on her! It must be really difficult to train alone though so I hope she finds some solution for her situation. Fingers crossed.

It definetly was VERY difficult. In one interview Zijun said that the hardest thing for her is not the strict diet (restricting her food intake) but it was the restricted water intake that was the hardest! Because apparent her coach thought even though water doesn't have calories, it still weights a lot....
We hear a lot of young girls struggling with their food intake - which is very hard alone, but being thristy seems to be just a new level of cruelty.
I guess this is also partly the reason why I'm so annoyed by Zijun's underscorings. She's an intelligent, brave, young lady who is giving her best trying to prove to herself and her federation (my assumption) that she doesn't have to be coached by that harsh coach to be successful and the judges just ignore her good side, giving her mere 29 PCS. She doesn't have a strong federation in her back and I'm just feel sad that what she does is not aknowledged. Her grace and Skating skill and staying in character from beginning to end is just ignored.