2016 Trophée de France Ladies FS | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Ladies FS

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Ice was atrocious, worse than in Boston, because it was in a corner where many skaters do their jumps. I think Medvedeva altered her steps not to jump the 3Lz in the pool and lost some concentration so she fell. I skate for thousands years and I never had a chance to swim in a skating rink. Maybe instead of pigeons we should send some Canadian geese to Paris.
Quelle horreur!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I don't know if Carolina Kostner returning is such a clever idea. Okay, she's practically the queen of Italy, but competing with these youngsters? Because those over 25 are having it hard. Other than Ashley Wagner I don't see any mature skaters making it in this field...(And I honestly doubt that Ashley can make the podium in Helsinki) Just look at the podium of 2012; Akiko is retired and Leonova is a ghost. I just don't see how she can compete, even with high PCS. I feel so sorry for this older generation and I don't want to see more of this. It just hurts with Mao and Alena and I don't understand why they compete when they know they are not in form. Do they get punished if the cancel an event? This cannot be good for their reputation and they must know it. So better not skate at all, imho.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't know if Carolina Kostner returning is such a clever idea. Okay, she's practically the queen of Italy, but competing with these youngsters? Because those over 25 are having it hard. Other than Ashley Wagner I don't see any mature skaters making it in this field...(And I honestly doubt that Ashley can make the podium in Helsinki) Just look at the podium of 2012; Akiko is retired and Leonova is a ghost. I just don't see how she can compete, even with high PCS. I feel so sorry for this older generation and I don't want to see more of this. It just hurts with Mao and Alena and I don't understand why they compete when they know they are not in form. Do they get punished if the cancel an event? This cannot be good for their reputation and they must know it. So better not skate at all, imho.
I can understand what Carolina wants to end her career on her own term, so it has nothing related to her ex.
But Mao... she can barely rotate triples now, it's so sad.

andromache

Record Breaker

If they're competing because they love it regardless of result, why not?

It's shame the old school pro-circuit isn't still around. Show programs are usually so bad and cheesy, but the competitive aspect of pro skating makes the content far superior to regular shows.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I can understand what Carolina wants to end her career on her own term, so it has nothing related to her ex.
But Mao... she can barely rotate triples now, it's so sad.

It remains to be seen what Carolina has to come up with to stay competitive. At Europeans she will have to face the best of the World in the form of three Russians, one of them Medvedeva. It won't be easy to get on the podium.

Mao's performance hurt the most. I could barely watch it.

Meoima

Match Penalty
It remains to be seen what Carolina has to come up with to stay competitive. At Europeans she will have to face the best of the World in the form of three Russians, one of them Medvedeva. It won't be easy to get on the podium.
Mao's performance hurt the most. I could barely watch it.
What if Carolina doesn't want medals? She only wants to end her career on ice, not due to that horrible ex who dragged her name into his scandal.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
If they're competing because they love it regardless of result, why not?

It's shame the old school pro-circuit isn't still around. Show programs are usually so bad and cheesy, but the competitive aspect of pro skating makes the content far superior to regular shows.

In all honesty, that's alright if they want to, but Mao didn't look happy with what she came up with at all. It's okay if she says, I do it for fun, not for the medals. But there wasn't even the slightest bit of joy in that performance. At least, imho.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Why did Leonova have 9 deductions when she fell 5 times???

New fall rules for the season, first two falls get -1.00, third and fourth are -2.00 and anything after that is -3.00

5 Falls is total -9.00 in deductions

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow Laurine's previous PCS personal best was 51.60 at Euros last year ... And with 2 falls, she gets 61 PCS! What a remarkable improvement. :sarcasm:

Skating While French? But it doesn't matter because she took herself out of contention with her falls. I really don't care about score inflation if the skater (like Gracie) is in 8th place.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
New fall rules for the season, first two falls get -1.00, third and fourth are -2.00 and anything after that is -3.00

Wow...that's harsh. What an implosion. I just feel sorry for her, but it happened before so it was hardly surprising.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

That's pretty stupid because the only people that will see that punishment are the ones who are out there cleaning the ice for the next competitor. They should instead give them a milkshake or something :)

I'm alright with it on quads but just because the judges are incompetent and unable to score PCS fairly doesn't really make this sonething I support. It's clearly intended to prevent people from "quad fail" spamming us for points but I bet more often than not we will see it for skaters who are already in tears. :handw:

Last edited:

Leonardo

Final Flight
Wakaba is giving me life. The only girls really exciting this season were her and Pogorilaya imho (who deserves more love from the judges, she's better than evgenia!). Wakaba lost a lot of points for her mistakes, at least 7 in the SP and 10 in the LP. But nonetheless, she was fantastic! Incredibly high, long fluid jumps with great technique. Good spins, great steps, skating skills, transitions and artistry. Such speed and performance but still polished, she reminds me somehow of Yuna (still has a long way to go, of course). Sp is gorgeous, FS not so much, but two very good choregraphies.

DiamondDust

Final Flight
Ladies: :)

Wakaba... like this costume better than the pink one. Overall a good skate and congratulations to her for medalling. :)

Maria... nice costume. Not perfect on the jumps but overall a graceful and lovely skate.

Evgenia... Urgh, the voice-overs really sting that I skipped that part. She mentioned before that a theme of this skate is to treasure moments we have with our love ones, its a nice point but unfortunately, I don't see this in her skate. However, disregarding that overall she still did well.

Laurine... that costume change :laugh: not a fan of the music but nice speed and attack on the jumps despite the falls.

Gracie... she has speed but I think she needs to adjust the distance of that first combo because it's always too close to the boards :noshake: . Mistakes here and there but I liked that stsq.

Gabby... the jumps weren't there but nice speed throughout. This isn't so bad and so :( to see her at K&C after her scores flashed but I hope she'll come back stronger.

Mao... she needs the TES, but whenever she's ready I guess. I think she better at SA but I still love her elegance and grace.

Congratulations to the medalists!!! :)

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I felt asleep during Sotskova's FS and woke up to see my Ipad was showing medals ceremony. Enough said.
I guess the judges were trying really hard not to fall asleep during Sotskova's skate.

It reminds me Adelina's Liebestraum, and i think this is Buyanova's vision: the girl at her first season in seniors should skate a sweet/comfortable program with a pinky dress.

Maria is lovely, she totally deserved that silver medal, her smiles is my everything and actually she has the best dresses so far (the short program dress is absolutely stunning) but that program speaks loudly: "this is my first year at seniors, i'm just trying to be lovely, not to show my maturity"

Last edited:

magicalwords

On the Ice
Went back and watched a couple more! I thought So Youn's program was really nice, liked the hand and arm movements throughout, 2A-3T was very good. And you know, there is something so magical and powerful about spread eagles and/or layback ina bauers done at the right moment... I love the integration of it in her program and want to see it more in others' programs too!! If I had to give one complaint, it would be how lowballed she gets in PCS compared to other skaters :scowl: