2016 Trophée de France Pairs LP | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Pairs LP

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When Marissa and Mervin began, I decided to stop worrying about their jumps, but to look for what I enjoyed about them in the first place. Happily, I found lots and lots to enjoy and admire. (okay, it seems I also got a good night's sleep last night :rofl:)

But seriously. They still have that spark between them, the chemistry. And they have that sparkle, especially Marissa. Mervin does everything to support that and showcase her. That's nice to see.

Yesterday, I felt they were racing each other through the SP, as if to see who could cross the finish line first! I think that's really what they lack, that feeling of being two as one ... not just a team, but two as one emotionally as well as skating-wise. If they could find that, I think all aspects of their skating would be positively affected.

On that throw jump just before the music switched to "any way you want it," I had the feeling that during the jump, Marissa already was thinking about the change in music and energy. A fall in the making, or maybe that one was only a stumble. Hard to remember. Anyway, My Two Cents! :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
If all the jumps are clean she'll be smiling wider then Duhamel ;)

Maybe, but honestly, once the woman is up in a lift (assuming upbeat/happy music), there is no excuse for not giving a brief smile when you're up there. In general I'm anti the double standard (in skating and everywhere else) that it's up to the woman to be the one emoting all the time, but the woman is the centerpiece and focus during the lifts, and this is upbeat music they are skating to. Once she's secure, she should smile. This should be second nature, a part of the lift just the same as the entry and exit to it are. Also, they did pretty much deliberately pick some of the most upbeat music ever to skate to- a smile once in a while from both or either of them wouldn't be a bad idea, even if the elements are going to hell in a handbasket... I really respect people who, no matter how it's going, never give up on the performance. I feel like not only did they give up on it, they never came intending to actually perform to begin with.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
T/M change their costumes, but the previously ones are more gorgeous.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I love Evgenia's beautiful, beautiful exists on the throws. It's just so effortless looking.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Disastrous skate from Ziegler/Kiefer. James/Cipres are almost there, but not quite there yet. Castelli/Tran can't seem to skate clean either...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
was definitely not planning to be up that early.... didn't go to bed until 4.30 am last night and I swear I wasn't clubbing with Adam Rippon.... but eh!!! I am up... so why not catch up on pairs and be super positive and hopeful for James and Cypres.... I need them on the podium ;) for obvious reasons :) (go Seguin and Bilodeau)...

Well... they skated really well (caught the slow-mo and the KnC and have never seen both of them as happy!! LOL)

So YAY!!!!! in the last group, the hot man award goes to Robin and well Enbert is sort of appealing.. or a peeling... not sure

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I love her dress. The back is so pretty and the splash of pink at the hem keeps it from being too plain.

Buble haters UNITE! They could do one of those wacky ice dance music cuts and pair this with Timberlakes I hate you Britney version of Cry me a River?

If I were a pair coach I would ask Mozer to teach my team to do twists. Her teams seem to always have good twists.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I've said it before, but these two really desperately need to work on their emoting and their connection. Their elements are truly top notch when they hit them but when they miss even just a few there is very little to fall back on since they do lack the emotion and connection... and even really the energy. I hope they'll pay some real attention to this in preparing for next year because there really is a lot of potential for them to break through to the very top or close to it here.

QuadThrow

Medalist
The russians will drop to 4th place.

Seems quite interesting for the GPF.

Peng/Yin still to come the next two weeks.