2016 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2016 US Nationals Senior Ladies SP

narcissa

Record Breaker
I was nervous for Mirai but glad she pulled through and was happy with her score!

So what happens when a skater gets an edge call on a flip? Does it count as a lutz or something?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Heh the rest of the scoring is going to be a circus.... yipeee go ladies break 75/ 80!!! Gl!!!

Last edited:

da96103

Record Breaker
Is Karen Chen old enough to go to Worlds if she gets top 3? She was not old enough last year, right?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Am I hallucinating or did the stream just flash a picture of Mirai's split boot?

It did.

I was nervous for Mirai but glad she pulled through and was happy with her score!

So what happens when a skater gets an edge call on a flip? Does it count as a lutz or something?

It gets 70% of the base value. So say the jump was worth 10 points (it's not, but just an example), if it got an edge call it would be worth only 7 points.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Go go karen ; stay on your feet, stay healthy... fly

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Is Karen Chen old enough to go to Worlds if she gets top 3? She was not old enough last year, right?

Karen wasn't old enough last year (turned 15 in August, after the July 1st deadline) but she is this year.

Art&Sport

Medalist
U.S. fed and IceNetwork need to actually recruit entertainment professionals and people who know how to run an event to help them. This is like a lot of Mom-Pop variety, patched together bull---- on so many levels.