2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 327 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
there is might be nothing unusual for the US, but certainly not for russia. you can't be a coach here without a proper education.
and honestly it really worries me. first it was just plushy, but now it's more of them. how can they teach kids without a basic knowledge of pedagogy?
these people just charging money for ignorance and trying to make some rubles on their famous names.
they don't even bother to recieve an education before opening something called "academy"

I wanted to write for you not for Dante..... Plushenko graduated from the Lesgaft National State University of Physical Education, Sport and Health (the coach department) as well the Saint Petersburg State University of Engineering and Economics. The second one was started because of his first wife's billionair father they wanted Plushy to continue the business. The incredible jealous Masha didn't like if he is skating. They divorced but he graduated.
So Plushenko has right to call his school Academy. Probably he wanted to express with the name that is a totally private school . That is his own rink he didn't receive any support from the state.

And everything is true what Dante wrote. The Academy was his dream from his very early age, we know it from his biography. And what he wants he realizes all the time! He is one of the richest figure skaters he has high income from show and advertising revenue. For ex he is advertising the Mercedes Benz for years.

tjb

Match Penalty
I wanted to write for you not for Dante..... Plushenko graduated from the Lesgaft National State University of Physical Education, Sport and Health (the coach department) as well the Saint Petersburg State University of Engineering and Economics. The second one was started because of his first wife's billionair father they wanted Plushy to continue the business. The incredible jealous Masha didn't like if he is skating. They divorced but he graduated.
So Plushenko has right to call his school Academy. Probably he wanted to express with the name that is a totally private school . That is his own rink he didn't receive any support from the state.

And everything is true what Dante wrote. The Academy was his dream from his very early age, we know it from his biography. And what he wants he realizes all the time! He is one of the richest figure skaters he has high income from show and advertising revenue. For ex he is advertising the Mercedes Benz for years.

yes, i know that plushy has a sports education. altough i doubt that he has a high category coaching license (or even any kind of coaching license, since he graduated from lesgaft a long time ago), anyway i have nothing against his wishes to become a coach (if he really serious about that). may be a naming his school "academy" was a bit too much. but at least he has some education.

but a 19 yo girl without any education opening an "academy"? just no.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
yes, i know that plushy has a sports education. altough i doubt that he has a high category coaching license (or even any kind of coaching license, since he graduated from lesgaft a long time ago), anyway i have nothing against his wishes to become a coach (if he really serious about that). may be a naming his school "academy" was a bit too much. but at least he has some education.

but a 19 yo girl without any education opening an "academy"? just no.

I don't know there is any "license" in Russia. Do you know about it? Or just you think because there is in your country.... And you can be sure he wants to be a coach but he is in the transition period now. Two-three years ( his wife wants 4-5 years) he wants to skate but after he wants to work as a coach solely. I don't know why do you think he doesn't want to be. You had similar opinion some months ago.
At Plushenko Academy there is everything. Ballet room, ice rink, medical room, gym, place for rehabilitation.. Maybe because of these opportunities ( I think there is no other club where these opportunities there are together) the "Academy" is not exaggeration.

About Julia and Elena they call academy but if I understand well they have no permanent place they want to travel and make masterclasses. This is not a bad idea their popularity, fame and beauty will bring many little skaters in masterclasses. In my country the famous fitness coaches are doing same thing and earn lots of money.

tjb

Match Penalty
I don't know there is any "license" in Russia. Do you know about it? Or just you think because there is in your country....

yes, i know all about it. there is a different types of coaches and coaching licenses in russia. to be allowed to train athletes of ms and kms rank (master of sports and candidate master of sports) you have to acquire a license where they call you "coach of sports mastery and high mastery", it's a highest coaching license. but prior to that you should get a lower level licenses and some low level coaching expirience.
there is also a different licenses for different disciplines of figure skating, singles, pairs and ice dance. to get a license you should go trough learning courses.
because in lesgaft and other sports universities people are not learning to be a "figure skating coach" or "soccer coach", they just teach coaching in general, pedagogy and other kinds of things.
of course all this licenses are needed if you want to work in a state sponsored school, i'm not sure if they needed or not if you opening some "academy" on your own

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
yes, i know all about it. there is a different types of coaches and coaching licenses in russia. to be allowed to train athletes of ms and kms rank (master of sports and candidate master of sports) you have to acquire a license where they call you "coach of sports mastery and high mastery", it's a highest coaching license. but prior to that you should get a lower level licenses and some low level coaching expirience.
there is also a different licenses for different disciplines of figure skating, singles, pairs and ice dance. to get a license you should go trough learning courses.
because in lesgaft and other sports universities people are not learning to be a "figure skating coach" or "soccer coach", they just teach coaching in general, pedagogy and other kinds of things.
of course all this licenses are needed if you want to work in a state sponsored school, i'm not sure if they needed or not if you opening some "academy" on your own

Oh, I just noticed your flag. Probably you know everything about the licenses. :) I'm a PE teacher we learned similar things as the coaches. We learned teach coaching in general, pedagogy as in Russia, too.

tjb

Match Penalty
he wants to skate but after he wants to work as a coach solely. I don't know why do you think he doesn't want to be. You had similar opinion some months ago.

for now plushy spends more time in ice shows, than at ice rink in his "academy". it seems like he appears there once a week, and instagram videos is a most part of his coaching work.
the guy is obviously doing great in PR.
but people like tutberidze or panova are spending 15 hours a day on ice. unlike plushy they are living in their schools.
like tarasova once said, you have to eat ice for a breakfast and for a dinner, if you want to be a coach.
so i don't know if plushy serious or not. i have to wait, i guess, when he gets done with ice shows

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
for now plushy spends more time in ice shows, than at ice rink in his "academy". it seems like he appears there once a week, and instagram videos is a most part of his coaching work.
the guy is obviously doing great in PR.
but people like tutberidze or panova are spending 15 hours a day on ice. unlike plushy they are living in their schools.
like tarasova once said, you have to eat ice for a breakfast and for a dinner, if you want to be a coach.
so i don't know if plushy serious or not. i have to wait, i guess, when he gets done with ice shows

I edited my post. I wrote a lot of unnecessary things.

for now plushy spends more time in ice shows, than at ice rink in his "academy" it seems like he appears there once a week, and instagram videos is a most part of his coaching work
- this is a hugely exaggarated and ridiculous!!!:scratch2: He has no shows for months..what do you think what he is doing? Sorry, but this is tipical Russian again... Plus you don't forget the pupil's parents. They can watch the trainings...

Maybe you don't know on the KOI shows he just skates..The organization is not his task. He has Ari Zakarian who is the best agent in FS but he is the choreographer of the shows, too. I have seen his work I have chance to watch the preparation of the shows.
And his great shows's was organized by Yana Rudkovskaya. She had a lots of work in it.

Plus he invents his money in Russia he could build figure skating school in many foreign countries for ex. in Japan.

hanca

Record Breaker
I just realized that several high-level skaters won't even qualify for nationals next year unless a. lots of retirements happen or b. they increase the ladies to 24
Because there's:
1. Evgenia Medvedeva
2. Alina Zagitova
3. Maria Sotskova
4. Polina Tsurskaya
5. Elena Radionova
6. Daria Panenkova
7. Stanislava Konstantinova
8. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
9. Anna Pogorilaya
who will get GP spots, provided Anna gets the Rostelecom host spot because her SB is 156... and her WS will probably drop dramatically after the Olympics and Worlds
10. Alexandra Trusova
11. Alena Kostornaya
12. Anastasia Tarakanova
13. Viktoria Vasilieva
14. Anna Shcherbakova
15. Alena Kanysheva / Ksenia Sinitsyna --> whoever gets the last JGPF spot probably, assuming it's ALL Russian
this last girl probably won't be age eligible for nationals so I won't include her here
15-18: four of these girls
Anastasia Gulyakova
Sofia Samodurova
Elizaveta Nugumanova
Anastasia Gubanova
Ekaterina Kurakova
Anna Tarusina
Serafima Sakhanovich
Valeriia Mikhailova
Alena Leonova *not high enough SB for GP, will probably retire anyway*
Natalia Ogoreltseva *not at the level of the top girls but a seasoned nationals competitor and a sentimental favorite of mine :)*
Adelina Sotnikova *if recovered from injury*

if the last JGPF girl is age eligible, then only three of those girls will be able to go

this is going to be so sad... :(

I don’t think you can say who from current juniors will get to JGPF at this stage. If someone told you last year that Gubanova and Konstantinova won’t get into JGPF this season, you wouldn’t believe them, and yet all it took was messing up their first event and not getting another one. As much as I hope Trusova, Tarakanova, Scherbakova, Kostornaya, Vasilieva etc will do well next season, they have nothing certain. Look what happened with Tsurskaya after her first very successful junior season.

But I do think pretty soon will come time when skaters like Leonova and Tuktamysheva will be left off the senior team and senior reserve, so they will either be happy with senior B competitions, or they will be forced to retire. Pogorilaya will probably get the benefit of doubt for a season or two, but unless she shows that she sorted herself out, the Russian federation won’t wait for her forever. (The question is whether her back pain can be sorted out. Pitkeev and Proklova eventually had to give up because of back pain.)

tjb

Match Penalty
I don’t think you can say who from current juniors will get to JGPF at this stage. If someone told you last year that Gubanova and Konstantinova won’t get into JGPF this season, you wouldn’t believe them, and yet all it took was messing up their first event and not getting another one.

why should anyone believe that konstantinova could get in any type of final? this is a girl who NEVER skated clean in her life. as soon as i saw her name on the list i knew that she's not going anywhere. she can only do well in russia, without federation support and 20 points PCS advantage her skating are not amazing at all

and of course gubanova not getting there is also not a surprise. we all knew that nastya is inconsistent skater. at least as it was in the past. surprisingly enough this season (besides JGP) she's more consistent than ever

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
but in this case, the JGP was where it mattered most...
but yes, more consistency this year somehow...

Lightstar

On the Ice
I see rhe results of nastya and her consustency but when i think about her then she still has the image in my mind to be inconsistent even though i know she quite was for this season!

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Meet me on the battlefield, even on the darkest night... I will be your sword and shield, your camouflage... And you will be mine.

Echos and the shots ring out, we may be the first to fall... Everything can stay the same or we could change it all...

😪😢😪🥃🥃🥃