2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 329 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Results after the short program:

1. Sofia Samodelkina - sensational program, amazing jumps, spins and stsq.
2. Elizaveta Berestovskaya - very charming, beautiful spins, scary jumps, she was slow.
3. Sofia Akatieva - seeing the new dress, I was thinking they finally changed her garbage short program... Sigh. Nice jumps, but weak stsq and spins, especially at first two ladies' background.

And my Ksenia Melkumova did it! She is in the top 24! :clap::yes2::love::love::love:

:dbana:
I told you!!
where is the entries/results page?

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I just bumped into some old posts, about Julia Antipova. The last news are from 2015, when they said she doubled her weight and that she would have returned to ice. But there is nothing since 2015. Das she really skate now?

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Results after the short program:

1. Sofia Samodelkina - sensational program, amazing jumps, spins and stsq.
2. Elizaveta Berestovskaya - very charming, beautiful spins, scary jumps, she was slow.
3. Sofia Akatieva - seeing the new dress, I was thinking they finally changed her garbage short program... Sigh. Nice jumps, but weak stsq and spins, especially at first two ladies' background.

And my Ksenia Melkumova did it! She is in the top 24! :clap::yes2::love::love::love:

:dbana:
Samodelkina really was head and shoulders above both Berestovskaya and Akatieva. I'm not entirely sure why Akatieva's score was so low, though. The PCS and the step sequence scoring she gets really are so low? I know she needs to lose significantly to Berestovskaya in spins(The best spinner of the three) but still, Berestovskaya's combo was very scary and I was expecting her to place third.

Melkumova - So happy to get to see her FS! Hopeful for less than 4 falls...

Right, this SP - She looked a bit slower than usual and the first half of her SP also looked somewhat slow. I guess that explains why she's been only getting lvl 1 steps in recent competitions despite getting 2-3s a month before.

I do have to wonder what the reason is, though.

Grin

Medalist
I just bumped into some old posts, about Julia Antipova. The last news are from 2015, when they said she doubled her weight and that she would have returned to ice. But there is nothing since 2015. Das she really skate now?
No news about her since 2015. I doubt she will return

tjb

Match Penalty
is 3-3 combos are not allowed in a 10 yo girls sp? or they just don't take risks in the short

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Melkumova - So happy to get to see her FS! Hopeful for less than 4 falls...

Right, this SP - She looked a bit slower than usual and the first half of her SP also looked somewhat slow. I guess that explains why she's been only getting lvl 1 steps in recent competitions despite getting 2-3s a month before.

I do have to wonder what the reason is, though.

Don't forget about elements' competition! It should be a highlight of the night! I hope she will get lvl 3 there.

Grin

Medalist
Btw, I think Alina should keep tutu in both SP and FS in 2018/2019. It suits her well )

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Don't forget about elements' competition! It should be a highlight of the night! I hope she will get lvl 3 there.
Ah right, they do have elements, don't they? For some reason I wasn't really thinking about that because I'm used to elements being the first discipline.

I'm not sure how Melkumova would do there to be honest. Her combos have just been total trainwrecks. I guess she's going to be going for 3T and 1A+3T? I don't even know if 1A+3T is a valid combo for elements if I'm being honest...

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Ah right, they do have elements, don't they? For some reason I wasn't really thinking about that because I'm used to elements being the first discipline.

I'm not sure how Melkumova would do there to be honest. Her combos have just been total trainwrecks. I guess she's going to be going for 3T and 1A+3T? I don't even know if 1A+3T is a valid combo for elements if I'm being honest...

That's fine. She will have four attempts (two for a combo and two for a single jump), I wonder will she do her entries there, they seem like a strategy. But I don't know how it helps. I mean, two hands over her head - that's right, it helps, but the entries - don't even know. But most important, she will have a program where she does only a step sequence and a cospin. I hope they choose for that program the same beautiful music as for SP or FP, or even better. There she doesn't have to worry about jumps. Just do your magic with the blades, little angel! :love:

Well, I watched elder competition, that wasn't so bad, I mean it was, but still, overall it was very nice!

What we have, it's Panova vs. Davydov. But I don't know what's wrong with Panova's beautiful ladies. They have the best dresses, beautiful music, they are able to do 3-3 and they are consistent, but something is missing. Both Ryabinina and Muravyova looked better than Frolova and Shabatova to me. Same situation with Zinina and Sinyavina... Sad about mistake by Usacheva. But still it was nice to watch, and her 2A was gorgeous as always. And finally Chistyakova skated clean, despite that silly mistake at the end.

And I have to agree with guys from the local Russian competition thread, Nika Ryabinina definitely was a star today! :love:

nugumanova does loop combos from time to time, but she's not particularly good at it. gubanova are also trying something at practices

she was jumping 3Lz+3Lo last season already
Adelina Sotnikova and Irina Slutskaya could both do this combo back in the day. Adelina's was fab in 2011 (binge-watched some figure skating last night!!).

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Whom ever wins the Olympics ladies title won’t be back for the 2018/19 Grand Prix series, so that leaves a coveted GP spot available for a Russian lady. So who’ll we see on the senior GP come October??? Trusova and Kostornaya are too young. ☹️ Is it the year for Gubanova and Panenkova and Konstantinova to make the big jump? Is ABBA girl still in the conversation at all? Are Leonova and Tuktamysheva and Radionova retiring?? I need answers!!!😁😫😱🤗