2017 CS Autumn Classic Mens SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Autumn Classic Mens SP

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I never say he has to get the same entrance like the others. Just saying he is capable of getting level 4 alright if he really wants to. The system is wide open for that possibility.

if everyone could get level 4 easily... everyone would go and get it right?

the point we are making is that Keegan is a wonderful spinner who doesn't have either the flexibility or potential with variations/entrances other skaters do get... or as I said a page ago, has realized that a level 2 or 3 spin with very high GOE rewards him more than a poorly executed level 4 spin... I am starting to think that you are trolling us because we keep explaining things properly and you keep repeating the same thing... I tried my best, so forgive me if my answers are not satisfactory enough but I don't want to take more space in this thread.

GO KEEGAN!

emipeters

Rinkside
I was still hoping the music would go to the lyrical theme lol..

Me too - different cut, utilising everything he learned doing the Notte Stellatto Ex from last year, and would have made the repeat more bearable. I love Yuzu, he made me a skating fan, but I can't say I'm not disappointed with the 3-peat, no matter how perfectly he skates it. Still, super happy with this performance!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
What happened to Daisuke Murakami? Will he be able to make the team with a 70 score? :(

Poice

Final Flight
(...) And the attitude! Ha! I think the humble times are over, that seemed Plushenko-esque. Hehe!

My thoughts exactly! I also thought about Plushenko :laugh:

Overall really good competition. Some pretty decent skates so early in season. I'm waiting for equally well-skated long program :biggrin:

yude

Record Breaker
What happened to Daisuke Murakami? Will he be able to make the team with a 70 score? :(

According to the Japanese articles, he is skating with broken boots in this competition. I hope he'll be able to perform well in FS.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
According to the Japanese articles, he is skating with broken boots in this competition. I hope he'll be able to perform well in FS.

Oh dear indeed....but if it's a boot problem it's something that can be fixed until the GP, right?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Impressions from the men:

Yuzuru, what the heck? You do this after having arguably your worst SP run through ever. :eeking: :giveup: Everything was amazing. I do feel like he was conserving his energy a bit up until the combo was done, which is understandable given his lack of practice and sore knee. And while I agree completely with every GOE he got (finally +3 on a quad again, about time!), I just didn't expect so many 10s at the beginning of the season. I guess judges were as happy to finally see Yuzu skate a clean SP again as I was. That 4T3T rippon right on the music will remain my favorite moment of this revamped Chopin. Gorgeous. Repeat this kind of cleanliness with the 4Lo in the future!

You owe me a new costume for COR, though, Mr. Hanyu. No more trolling. I'll un-stan if you keep Seimei's costume today too. :devil:

Javi, Javi, Javi. :luv17: This is such a Javi program and it fits him so well. I loved it, especially his step sequence (max GOE, hell yeah!). And though I've never been a particular fan of Javi's spins, they are all so on point in this program. The upright spin, which I've never really liked, is perfect for a Chaplin program when he puts his hands over his hips. And his sit spin was awesome too. Combined with his Man of La Mancha FS, Javi has a pair of amazingly and perfectly suited programs for Olympic Season and I hope he shines with them in February. Great start here. Some really low landings on his jumps (Javi could teach a course on saving landings by now) but otherwise I'm glad to see the progress in this program since its first appearance at FaOI.

On a more shallow note, while that costume does look like he dressed in his girlfriend's too short and tight cardigan and pants, it does wonders to his figure. If you know what I mean. ;)

Misha, why do you have to have such a lovely, lyrical, beautiful program... and be dressed in rags while skating it? I want to cry while I watch you because the program is gorgeous, not because your costume hurts my soul.

Keegan Messing had my favorite program outside of my top 3 above. Gorgeous step sequence too (why only level 2..........???).

jFarrisFAN

On the Ice

Yuzuru, what the heck? You do this after having arguably your worst SP run through ever. :eeking: :giveup: Everything was amazing. I do feel like he was conserving his energy a bit before the combo was done, which is understandable given his lack of practice and sore knee. And while I agree completely with every GOE he got (finally +3 on a quad again, about time!), I just didn't expect so many 10s at the beginning of the season. I guess judges were as happy to finally see Yuzu skate a clean SP again as I was. That 4T3T rippon right on the music will remain my favorite moment of this revamped Chopin. Gorgeous. Repeat this kind of cleanliness with the 4Lo in the future!

You owe me a new costume for COR, though, Mr. Hanyu. No more trolling. I'll un-stan if you keep Seimei's costume today too. :devil:

Javi, Javi, Javi. :luv17: This is such a Javi program and it fits him so well. I loved it, especially his step sequence (max GOE, hell yeah!). And though I've never been a particular fan of Javi's spins, they are all so on point in this program. The upright spin, which I've never really liked, is perfect for a Chaplin program when he puts his hands over his hips. And his sit spin was awesome too. Combined with his Man of La Mancha FS, Javi has a pair of amazingly and perfectly suited programs for Olympic Season and I hope he shines with them in February. Great start here. Some really low landings on his jumps (Javi could teach a course on saving landings by now) but otherwise I'm glad to see the progress in this program since its first appearance at FaOI.

On a more shallow note, while that costume does look like he dressed in his girlfriend's too short and tight cardigan and pants, it does wonders to his figure. If you know what I mean. ;)

Misha, why do you have to have such a lovely, lyrical, beautiful program... and be dressed in rags while skating it? I want to cry while I watch you because the program is gorgeous, not because your costume hurts my soul.

Keegan Messing had my favorite program outside of my top 3 above. Gorgeous step sequence too (why only level 2..........???).

Keegan only got lvl2 because his turns were not clean they were rushed. It doesn't matter if it just "looks" nice, he's not meeting requirements for anything more than a 2.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Keegan only got lvl2 because his turns were not clean they were rushed. It doesn't matter if it just "looks" nice, he's not meeting requirements for anything more than a 2.

Yeah, I figured it was a technical issue with turns, but doesn't detract from how much I enjoyed it.

Nika09

On the Ice
Javi's StSq are outstanding, playful and amazing! And I like his jumps, looks so effortless, especially first one.
Well Yuzuru is Yuzuru, graceful and stunning with "Chopin Ballade" as always. Inseparable combination.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I'm only a little disappointed that Yuzuru is doing his Chopin Ballade No.1 SP again this season. I've seen it too often by now, but it's a great program of course. But I'm looking forward to his Seimei FS. And he (as well as Javier) has improved his spins again over the summer. Excellent.
Javier's Chaplin SP is great and it looks quite polished already. You really see how much he has improved as a skater since he did his Chaplin FS. Wonderful. And good to see Nam doing well again! I'm not really fond of that music selection but the program was enjoyable and his jumps looked great.

sydney

On the Ice
they can line up if they want... but men is the last event of the day... and if they put coats, cushions, or whatever on seats and i show up for the ladies, i am simply going to move their stuff around ;)

i was MAD but i had a place to sit and I didn't care... this time, if i don't find a place to sit, i promise I will make cushions and jackets go... i will bring them to the lost and found ;)

so if you are planning to hog seats all day people, you have been warned

LALALA

It's not because you dislike this that you have to do something as rude as taking out their jacket , coats or anything else . I mean obviously there is a problem of culture here . Ok maybe it's annoying for you but you have to recognize that for someone else doing that is "normal" , they want "good" seats and they put the effort to have them it's called "dedication" , that's all . In their mind it's not rude to do it it's just their "normal" way to do it . And this is why having a multicultural audience can be bothering sometime.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It's not because you dislike this that you have to do something as rude as taking out their jacket , coats or anything else . I mean obviously there is a problem of culture here . Ok maybe it's annoying for you but you have to recognize that for someone else doing that is "normal" , they want "good" seats and they put the effort to have them it's called "dedication" , that's all . In their mind it's not rude to do it it's just their "normal" way to do it . And this is why having a multicultural audience can be bothering sometime.

well, when visiting another country, I act in respect of the local culture.... here, in Canada, when it's general admission, it means that everyone has paid for their seat... I have no problem if there is a line-up from the night before (though the cops may have a problem as the rink is located close to a residential area) and if all these people who lined up get a better seat than I do because well, I showed up on time for the ladies... However, if people simply put their coat there, and hog a seat, and do not use it but for a couple of their favourite skaters, they should understand how impolite it is. I don't think my behaviour is rude, simply practical. As I said, I had no issues last year, but seeing the crowd on tv... I have my doubts this time around.... Also, the fact that last year, they left during the performance of some skaters, to get dinner, and made a whole lot of noise, not only distracting those of us who wanted to watch, but perhaps the skaters themselves, well... at least, my moving of a coat to find a seat that I have paid for won't disturb the skaters.... quite the contrary... because if we are blocked from sitting in the front rows because people just hog those better seats, the arena will look empty... i will do a better supporting act to all skaters by getting a good seat in the first rows...

YMMV

asiacheetah

On the Ice

Yuzuru, what the heck? You do this after having arguably your worst SP run through ever. :eeking: :giveup: Everything was amazing. I do feel like he was conserving his energy a bit before the combo was done, which is understandable given his lack of practice and sore knee. And while I agree completely with every GOE he got (finally +3 on a quad again, about time!), I just didn't expect so many 10s at the beginning of the season. I guess judges were as happy to finally see Yuzu skate a clean SP again as I was. That 4T3T rippon right on the music will remain my favorite moment of this revamped Chopin. Gorgeous. Repeat this kind of cleanliness with the 4Lo in the future!

Agree with everything ESPECIALLY on Misha's outfit.
I agree

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

I think he was just talking about moving someone's stuff out of the way. It's pretty rude to put your items on a seat (assuming you don't actually have a ticket for that specific seat) to sit on later on. If somebody is saving a prime seat for a competition hours from now and I want to watch the current competition, I'm moving their stuff out of the way.If they were truly dedicated to maintaining good seats, they would sit and watch the ladies.

Decency (or lack thereof) isn't a cultural thing per se. Japanese fans in general are usually very polite and not entitled or rude. But obviously there are individuals who are. It's not an excuse to say "Well in my country, you can save seats and not actually have to be there."

It is also rather disappointing that fans left after Hanyu though not surprising... perhaps some were worried about getting a glimpse of him on his way out (even though he was there for some time after the men's SP had ended, I'd imagine). It was shades of Sochi men's SP although obviously way worse to file out at the Olympics after seeing (or, in that case, not seeing) your favourite skater skate. But it's important to respect all competitors (not just the big ticket ones) and other spectators. It's a figure skating competition... we aren't at a football game where people jeer, or boo, don't care about respecting fellow spectators, or leave early because their favourite player got substituted out for the rest of the game.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
well, when visiting another country, I act in respect of the local culture.... here, in Canada, when it's general admission, it means that everyone has paid for their seat... I have no problem if there is a line-up from the night before (thought the cops may have a problem as the rink is located close to a residential area) and if all these people who lined up get a better seat than I do because well, I showed up on time for the ladies... However, if people simply put their coat there, and hog a seat, and do not use it but for a couple of their favourite skaters, they should understand how impolite it is. I don't think my behaviour is rude, simply practical. As I said, I had no issues last year, but seeing the crowd on tv... I have my doubts this time around.... Also, the fact that last year, they left during the performance of some skaters, to get dinner, and made a whole lot of noise, not only distracting those of us who wanted to watch, but perhaps the skaters themselves, well... at least, my moving of a coat to find a seat that I have paid for won't disturb the skaters.... quite the contrary... because if we are blocked from sitting in the front rows because people just hog those better seats, the arena will look empty... i will do a better supporting act to all skaters by getting a good seat in the first rows...

YMMV

Maybe instead of taking their stuff and putting it with collection, maybe just move it to one side while you watch the program? I live in Japan, they tend to go in super early for everything and stake out their most desired seats. They do this for sporting events, ESPECIALLY for fire works. There's also a culture of respect for other people's belongings that they don't ever touch stuff even if it's seemingly abandoned, so they wouldn't know to leave someone on the look-out for their stuff because they just aren't used to people touching it. The good part about them staking out large areas, when it comes to the main event, if you ask nicely, and there's room, they almost ALWAYS share their space. That's how me (perpetually running late) can almost always get a good vantage point. But it's your country, so you represent it however you want.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Maybe instead of taking their stuff and putting it with collection, maybe just move it to one side while you watch the program? I live in Japan, they tend to go in super early for everything and stake out their most desired seats. They do this for sporting events, ESPECIALLY for fire works. There's also a culture of respect for other people's belongings that they don't ever touch stuff even if it's seemingly abandoned, so they wouldn't know to leave someone on the look-out for their stuff because they just aren't used to people touching it. The good part about them staking out large areas, when it comes to the main event, if you ask nicely, and there's room, they almost ALWAYS share their space. That's how me (perpetually running late) can almost always get a good vantage point. But it's your country, so you represent it however you want.

ermmm do you really think i will bother bringing to the lost and found? that was metaphorical... i am a grown up and will act with decency

bolded part? WOW.... i don't think the acts of one individual speaks for an entire country.... and that goes for how I will behave and for how some fans will behave as well...
My experience of Japanese people is wonderful. This has nothing to do with the culture and country. It's simply about some fans.

ETA as mentioned by someone else before : if the fans are willing to stay up all night to line up, why don't they just sit down all day supporting ALL athletes?

asiacheetah

On the Ice

So that's what happened! Shades of Nathan all over again. I thought he was rusty and still recovering from injury. The 3rd Men position is wide open. It would be nice for Daisuke and Kenji to make it a challenging run and represent.

asiacheetah

On the Ice
[/B]
ermmm do you really think i will bother bringing to the lost and found? that was metaphorical... i am a grown up and will act with decency

bolded part? WOW.... i don't think the acts of one individual speaks for an entire country.... and that goes for how I will behave and for how some fans will behave as well...
My experience of Japanese people is wonderful. This has nothing to do with the culture and country. It's simply about some fans.

ETA as mentioned by someone else before : if the fans are willing to stay up all night to line up, why don't they just sit down all day supporting ALL athletes?

I guess as an American living abroad, it's been drilled into my head that my conduct IS representing my country, positive or negative. Whenever I see Americans being overly loud on trains, or being "ugly Americans" in a sea of politeness, it makes me embarrassed.

I'm glad to hear that it was a joke about taking things to collections. :p

Yes I believe it would be frustrating for people to only show up for the main skaters. I've only watched one competition live and it was similar in that there were 3 disciplines competing prior to the main event. Sitting in seats, much less bleachers, for that many hours are PAINFUL. I confined my away time to ice resurfacing unless the restroom lines are insane. I much rather people not move around during the competition itself, so if they missed the first competitor of the group, I rather they stay away. Just personal preference.