2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Ladies FS | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Lombardia Trophy Ladies FS

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kostner took her lovely 2011 program and ruined it. Sigh. The weirdest repeat of the season yet.

Personally, I don't think anyone can skate to Afternoon of a Faun because it always compares unfavorably, from an artistic standpoint, to Janet Lynn.

ETA: Having watched Carolina's 2011 version again, it was very good. I loved the spirals.

Violetti

On the Ice
They just work the system. And it pays off. Plus: Zhenya is number 1, Alina number 2. That's why they didn't give her a new long program.

And both Zhenya and Alina need to work on stretching out more and holding positions longer.

Maybe that's why but Alina's music is better and her program is better imo. Zhenya's music last season was terrible and program too much the same as the year before. Alina did not compete with this program in senior international competitions before or did she?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Wakaba sure had the WOW factor for me!! She didn't need the 3A to make that performance memorable--I can watch that over and over and be "wowed" each time!

I do think that Wakaba's 'WOW' factor is just sourced from different thing than Alina's 'WOW' factor. For me, I notice them in a different way, as their packaging and way of performance direct my attention to different aspects of their skating. It's just more of what makes them have 'WOW' factor than IF they have any - both are very talented and skilled skaters, at the same time quite different in performance and reception for me.

To be more specific about Wakaba - the program is a perfect match for her: it brings her speed, musicality, quality of overall body movement, its integration with choreo and music out to pop brightly, like it should. Moreover - it challenges her I feel in terms of portraying certain character, bringing out specific emotions/feelings and engage the audience into the story while performing. The overall look of combined styling, choreography, musical arrangement is just sleek, powerful and sublime at the same time. All gestures, sharpness in them, no hesitation going into jumps, spins is just amazing to see, it gives additional compliment to this Bond theme chosen for FS. Loved Wakaba's attack into step sequences, she made them look just effortlessly. Like with her SP - I was glad to see the program 'uninterrupted', it gave the power of it, flow and proper impact.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Wakaba should have won overall, with Alina winning the FS, but with much lower PCS. Wakaba was so much less juniorish and had much more speed and SS all along. This is why ladies PCS are just all over the place. If the PCS difference between Wakaba and Alina's performance is only about 1 point, then why put in the time to train choreography and SS or think of a mature interpretation. That's why judges should not get the power to further tweak PCS or GOE!

Utterly ridiculous. This sport is exactly amounting to a jumping competition to Who Can Get The Most Elements In without actually caring about the quality of these elements.