nimi

Medalist
do we possibly have a new warhorse..?

ETA: I'm ready for some new warhorses, though

and this was a nice performance, even with all the flaws

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
20 Harrison Jon-Yen WONG (HKG)

Music: To Build A Home by Cinematic Orchestra (again?)

Grey ombre blouse, dark blue pants

3Lz+3T - stepout, fall
3Lo
CCSp
2A
CCoSp
StSq
FSSp

SP: 29.94+25.54-1.00 = 54.48 (PB), 18/20

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Conor's last spin made me wince, I confess.

He would need a lot of speed to pull it off, particularly with the entrance into it. He didn't have the speed, so it just lost momentum all the way through. But I do admire the entrance into it, which I thought was clever.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The entrance into tTakelum's final spin combo is really interesting. That is one ambitious piece of music to skate to. Up to the step sequence, I was admiring his restraint with using his arms (like Boe, he's very "limby," but unlike Boe he didn't flail those arms around willy nilly until the step sequence).

Yes, he isn't at the level of other skaters, but I admire him for skating to a very ambitious piece of music and not being swallowed up by it.

Agree with what you say. He's tall, but he doesn't fall into the traps that other tall people do. And it was big music.

Don't understand why he didn't get a time deduction. But, I'm not complaining! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Right, off to Croatia to wind back a few minutes to watch Polina U during the interval.

Not sure if I will be back to watch the final group LIVE, but if I am I will be wearing my British hat.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST GRAHAM!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Right, off to Croatia to wind back a few minutes to watch Polina U during the interval.

Not sure if I will be back to watch the final group LIVE, but if I am I will be wearing my British hat.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST GRAHAM!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

LOL like I know who Polina U is? But have fun with her thumbsup:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Unlike pairs, with the exception of Johnson, basically everyone competing here is doing so for Olympic spots, right?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Good to see you Chemistry66 :hap10:

Awwww, it's nice to be remembered <3 Good to see you too.

Unlike pairs, with the exception of Johnson, basically everyone competing here is doing so for Olympic spots, right?

Countries already qualified are:

Japan, USA, China, Spain, Canada, Russia, Israel, Uzbekistan, Georgia, Latvia, Australia, Kazakhstan, France, Czech Republic, Germany

I tracked all the Worlds-earned spots last year here: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?63420-2018-Olympic-and-World-Championship-Spots

ETA: Though I know Misha Ge wasn't sure if he'd use his spot so...