2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Oberstdorf, Germany
Sep 27 - Sep 30, 2017

Friday, 29 September 2017 at 13:45 UTC +2

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...4&p7=352&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

Time in other places:

Start Order

ENTRIES

No.NameNation
1Ekaterina ALEXANDROVSKAYA / Harley WINDSOR
SP: Paint It Black performed by Hidden Citizen; choreo by I. Tchiniaev
FS: Tango in the Park (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Randy Edelman, The Business of Love (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Domino, You Would Be My Baby (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Vanessa Williams, Hey Pachuco (from "The Mask" soundtrack) by Straight Up; choreo by Irina Zhuk
AUS
2Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
SP: Sunshine on Leith; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: "Yellow," and "Fix You," cover versions of a Coldplay medley; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUT
3Tatiana DANILOVA / Mikalai KAMIANCHUK
SP: Sherlock (TV series soundtrack) by David Arnold, Michael Price
FS: Games of Thrones (soundtrack) by Ramin Djawadi
BLR
4Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE
SP: "Oblivion" by Astor Piazzolla, performed by Marisa Lemcke; choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Earth Song by Michael Jackson / "Home" by Armand Amar (reprise of 2016-17 LP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
CAND
5Anna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR
SP: "LA 40" by the Mozart Tango Players (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Maurizio Margaglio
FS: Once Upon a Time (from "Nouba" - Cirque du Soleil), La Nouba (from "Nouba" - Cirque du Soleil), Pearl (from "Kooza" - Cirque du Soleil), Klezmer Moment (from "Corteo" - Cirque du Soleil); choreo by Rotislav Sinicyn
CZE
6Tae Ok RYOM / Ju Sik KIM
SP: "A Day in the Life" by Paul McCartney, John Lennon, performed by Jeff Beck (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: "Je ne suis qu'une chanson" by Diane Justler, performed by Ginette Reno; choreo by Julie Marcotte
PRK
7Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT
SP: "Big Spender" from Sweet Charity by Cy Coleman and Dorothy Fields; choreo by Mark Pillay, Aliona Savchenko
FS: Romeo & Juliet soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Mark Pillay, Aliona Savchenko
GERD
8Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
SP: Ameksa - Fuego by Taalbi Brothers, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
FS: "La Terre vue du ciel by Armand Amar, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
GERD
9Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI
SP: It's A Man's World performed by Seal; choreo by Mark Hanretty
FS: Who Wants To Live Forever performed by The Tenors ft. Lindsey Stirling; choreo by Mark Hanretty
GBR
10Darja BEKLEMISCSEVA / Mark MAGYAR
SP: The Deer by Woodkid, choreo by Alexander Gazsi
FS: "Listen" from the Dreamgirls soundtrack by Beyoncé, and "One Night Only" by Beyoncé Knowles, Sharon Leal, Anika Noni Rose; choreo by Alexander Gazsi
HUN
11Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI
SP: Ghost, the musical; choreo by Galit Chait
FS: Schindler's List soundtrack by John Williams; choreo by Galit Chait
ISR
12Sumire SUTO / Francis BOUDREAU-AUDET
SP: "Sakura" (Spring Blossom) by Naotaro Moriyama, performed by Andre Rieu (Reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Julie Marcotte
FS: Beatles medley: "Girl," "Let It Be" (cover),"All My Loving," "I Want To Hold Your Hand" (cover); choreo by Julie Marcotte
JPN
13Su Yeon KIM / Hyungtae KIM
SP: Queen medley: "Another One Bites the Dust," "We Will Rock You;" choreo by Yeaji Shin
FS: Across the Universe Soundtrack, including "Girl" & "Hey Jude" by The Beatles; choreo by Yeaji Shin
KOR
14Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
SP: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
FS: Candyman by Christina Aguilera; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
RUSD
15Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU
SP: "Unchained Melody" from the Ghost soundtrack; choreo by Valter Rizzo, Lukas Csolley
FS: Romeo and Juliet by Abel Kornzeniowski, including "Come Gentle Night," "The Cheek of the Night," and "A Thousand Times Goodnight; choreo by Valter Rizzo, Lukas Csolley
ESP
16Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC
SP: I’ll Take Care of You” as covered by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa; choreo by Serge Onik and Cordero Zuckerman
FS: Bang Bang (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack), Young and Beautiful (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack), A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack; choreo by Serge Onik, G. & S. Arena,and Cordero Zuckerman
USAD

D - Not for OWG Qualification

Last edited:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
There are some strong teams here not competing for an Olympic spot. It'll be interesting to see S/M and T/M go head to head and I'm looking forward to seeing Ruest/Wolfe compete.

Then we have 11 teams competing for the four spots. I've listed them in order of their 2016-17 seasons best.

1. Duskova/Bidar (CZE) - 189.09
2. Ryom/Kim (PRK) - 169.65
3. Ziegler/Kiefer (AUT) - 165.63
4. Suto/Boudreau-Audet (JPN) - 164.96
5. Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (AUS) - 164.10
6. Danilova/Kamianchuk (BLR) - 151.55
7. Jones/Boyadji (GBR) - 143.42
8. Kim/Kim (KOR) - 140.68
No 2016-17 seasons best
- Beklemiscseva/Magyar (HUN)
- Connors/Krasnopolski (ISR)
- Barquero/Maestu (ESP)

Then I looked at head to head competitions between them last season:
- Worlds 2017: Duskova/Bidar (14th, 179.70), Ryom/Kim (15th, 169.65), Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (16th, 164.10), Suto/Boudreau-Audet (17th, 61.70 SP), Ziegler/Kiefer (18th, 61.01 SP), Danilova/Kamianchuk (23rd, 51.79 SP), Beklemiscseva/Magyar (24th, 45.96 SP), Jones/Boyadji (26th, 44.33)
- Junior Worlds 2017: Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (1st, 163.98), Kim/Kim (8th, 135.29)
- Asian Winter Games: Ryom/Kim (3rd, 177.40), Kim/Kim (4th, 149.40)
- Junior Grand Prix Final: Duskova/Bidar (2nd, 167.76), Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (5th, 141.36)
- NHK Trophy 2016: Ziegler/Kiefer (6th, 161.91), Suto/Boudreau-Audet (7th, 161.85)
- JGP Czech: Duskova/Bidar (1st, 161.49), Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (8th, 137.05), Kim/Kim (13th, 107.16)
- Ondrej Nepela: Jones/Boyadji (6th, 129.30), Kim/Kim (7th, 118.00)

Duskova/Bidar competed against eight of the ten teams they are competing against for an Olympic spot here (some only in the SP at Worlds), and beat all of them last season.
Kim/Kim competed against three of the other teams and lost to all of them.
Both times Suto/Boudreau-Audet and Ziegler/Kiefer went head to head they were extremely close in scores.

Then looking at those teams who have competed already this season:
- JGP Brisbane: Alexandrovskaya/Windsor (151.50) **I believe junior comps have more technical restrictions at least in the SP (ETA: JGP Riga, not Brisbane)
- Lombardia: Ziegler/Kiefer (6th, 155.90), Barquero/Maestu (7th, 140.24), Beklemiscseva/Magyar (8th, 113.00)
- US Classic: Connors/Krasnopolski (165.38), Suto/Boudreau-Audet (153.60)
- Quebec Summer Championship: Ryom/Kim (2nd, 181.00), Suto/Boudreau-Audet (7th, 140.86)

My Predictions

Duskova/Bidar (CZE) will definitely qualify. The Spanish, South Korean and Hungarian teams definitely won't. That leaves three spots and eight teams. Ryom/Kim and Connors/Krasnopolski have looked the best of those who've competed (I know you can't compare the Quebec scores to Challengers, but I watched and they looked really good). The Japanese, Austrians and Australians are the other teams that you'd expect to have a good chance to qualify, although it's early in the season so of course anything can happen. I'm impressed with the Isrealis given that they are a new team. They did another summer competition and looked good there too.

Predicted qualifiers: Duskova/Bidar, Ryom/Kim, Connors/Krasnopolsk and one of JPN, AUS, AUT. Let's say Alexandrovskaya/Windsor.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Re: Citizenship and deadlines, here's a relevant post I made earlier this month in the "Pairs and Dance Teams with Citizenship Issues" thread in The Edge:

No. Countries DO have to "confirm use of allocated quota places to ISU" by September 15th (so the ISU can figure out, at least initially, extra spots that will be available at Nebelhorn), but a country can intend to use the spot even if their entry doesn't have confirmed citizenship yet. Then Nebelhorn spot-earning countries have to confirm their usage by October 30th (assuming so that the ISU can reallocate unused spots to reserve countries). But ACTUAL named entries aren't due until January 29th 2018 (06:00 Korean time) so countries presumably have until around then to actually figure things out. I figure the ISU will probably be aware of which entries earning spots have the potential for late-in-the-game citizenship confirmation and will monitor progress somewhat.

Here's the qualification document in case you want a link

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm going to try very hard to be here because Pairs is my favourite and I really want to see who qualifies for the Olympics.
But if I don't make it I'm leaving Gardenbelly in my place. https://imgur.com/6emmjUR

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The live stream (due to start in 4h 30m from now) on Daily Motion is the same as yesterday:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5zvn3q

If you have problems with Daily Motion, the livestream is also embedded at the bottom of this page on the DEU's website:

https://www.eislauf-union.de/events/nebelhorn-trophy

EDIT: Don't know if it is a temporary thing, but the DEU page is currently coming up with an error message.​

Here is the time schedule:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/csger2017/csger2017_Pairs_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the livescoring:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/csger2017/SEG006.HTM

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
If Anna & Martin won't get a spot for Czech Republic, I'm going to be very, very dissapointed in them! :dev2: Good luck to all!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
katia and harley skate at midnight.

i'm too old for this shiznit.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Just one wish: No streaming issues during anybody's skate (and defo not again during T/M's performance) :gaah:

I thought yesterday's event was better than I'd expected. Pleased with young 'Mozer' Team A/W! I love the fact that Nina sits with her trainings charges as well after performance. :agree:

Maybe a tiny second wish: Better costumes for T/M than what I saw at test skates....Especially for Volodya!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
If Anna & Martin won't get a spot for Czech Republic, I'm going to be very, very dissapointed in them! :dev2: Good luck to all!

Don't you mean "for them"? Because "in them" sounds like you are blaming them if they fon't get through.

Of couse, I would be absolutely gutted too if they didn't make it!

CaroLiza_fan

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm here for pairs! No crashing twists, no aborted lifts. Go teams!

Go everyone.. lets make this Olympic pair event epic next year.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Joining in to watch! Cheering for Anna and Martin, and excited about the new program.

Also, wishing a good competition for everyone! :hap10:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Eugh! This is one of those competitions where the FS start order isn't a countdown of the SP results.

Hate that.

CaroLiza_fan

nimi

Medalist
I hope that was the last aborted lift we're going to see in this comp *fingers crossed*

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Missing that lift really took the wind out of B/M's sails. Before that, things were labored but they were getting through.

The two pieces of music are rather odd to put together. They don't make for a cohesive program.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Poor Hungarian dude has a shiner!

Shame about the lift. This team needs some altitude training. Everything was slow.