2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Nebelhorn Pairs FS

LoulouVi

Rinkside
I love both S/M programs this season, especially the LP. I think it’s magical. Has he gotten the citizenship to be at the Olympic?

As kindly said by QuadThrow, he hasn't.

no. He missed the German written exam twice. But there is still more than enough room to receive the passport. The German federation is pushing the government. Rightly so. The German Fed needs this medal.

The German Federation?
Aliona herself will track them down and land a twist on their heads, elbows first, if any problem would rise.

But they don't seem to be worried, so I'm going to assume everything will go their way.

andromache

Record Breaker
S/M's LP is incredible. They are SOOOOO freakin' innovative!!! Their LP last year was great, but this is far more sophisticated, subtle, and somehow epic at the same time. Bruno's skating looks to have improved a lot as well. Their lifts are a dream. God, those throws though. They should be doing throws she can land, even if it's a 3STh and 3LoTh/3FTh. When all else is equal, no way in heck a team with more difficult content + mistakes will beat a team with easier content + clean during an Olympic year. Skating clean makes an Olympic moment, and big mistakes ruin an Olympic moment. With how epic this program's finish is, it is built for an Olympic moment.

So is Nebelhorn in Russia or something? WHY IN THE HECK ARE T/M GETTING SUCH HIGH SCORES FOR THIS TRASH. Is giving T/M such a bad program/packaging Nina Mozer trolling the ISU and all of us because she knows it doesn't really need to be good to win? T/M are a wonderful pair with magnificent skating skills - but the choreography and interpretation is BAD. Flat out bad. They received higher PCS than S/M, and it's shameful, frankly.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Blah blah blah, people talking about the Germans and the Russians *waves hand dismissively*

What you all SHOULD be talking about is that adorably sassy moment in the middle of Katia and Harley's FS where they bring the total sass and Harley runs his hand through his hair and Katia has that cheeky grin and just hello yes this is Team Australia welcome to the revolution.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

bobbob

Medalist
Savchenko and Massot have a really great free program. Incredible lines, transitions, innovative movements, Olympic worthy, of course...if they get the elements together. But how did they get LOWER PCS than Tarasova/Morosov? Worse choreography? Really?

The reason why we have been getting subpar programs from the top teams is very simple--the judges don't care, so neither do they. Your PCS score is basically your technical score times a factor based on how famous you are.

Corwin

On the Ice
Country
Russia
A dynamic and fun program, like a breath of fresh air ... not like everyone else.

haters gonna hate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Savchenko and Massot have a really great free program. Incredible lines, transitions, innovative movements, Olympic worthy, of course...if they get the elements together. But how did they get LOWER PCS than Tarasova/Morosov? Worse choreography? Really?

The reason why we have been getting subpar programs from the top teams is very simple--the judges don't care, so neither do they. Your PCS score is basically your technical score times a factor based on how famous you are.

You're catching on...

;)

Barb

Record Breaker

how is that possible? :disapp: :angry1:. This should not even be a tie.

TMC

Record Breaker
Blah blah blah, people talking about the Germans and the Russians *waves hand dismissively*

What you all SHOULD be talking about is that adorably sassy moment in the middle of Katia and Harley's FS where they bring the total sass and Harley runs his hand through his hair and Katia has that cheeky grin and just hello yes this is Team Australia welcome to the revolution.

That exact moment was my favourite of the weekend too!!!

Nika09

On the Ice
Sui/Han are skating to Turandot? Oh come on! You could have kept your last year program and not that!

Yes, unfortunately they are. They could have kept both LP and SP. But they've got new and cliche programs instead.

Eclair

Medalist

Oh so now that your favs are not affected, you suddenly don't care about small federations getting underscored any more? You spent HOURS complaining about Australians getting underscored in the past because they'er a small fed and now you just 'wave your hand dismissively'?

Eclair

Medalist

except that Savchenko is very famous. still doesn't stand a chance as she's from a small federation ...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh so now that your favs are not affected, you suddenly don't care about small federations getting underscored any more? You spent HOURS complaining about Australians getting underscored in the past because they'er a small fed and now you just 'wave your hand dismissively'?

:rolleye: It was a joke, duh.

Besides, I actually found Savchenko/Massot's program a bit too...it was sort of a "hit you over the head with all these fancy things" program. And I actually liked Tarasova/Morozov, so shoot me.

But mostly - this isn't a regular competition. This the Olympic qualifier. So bluntly? I don't give a flip about the countries already qualified at this event. It's all about the ones who hadn't.

Ender

Match Penalty

One advice: skate clean without error and S/M will have biggest PCS.
T/M don’t deserve such PCS but they have Russian federation behind, the only way to walk ahead of them is to skate clean. That’s all.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
as I am in my hometown with veeery limited access to Internet, just popped to say that I am blow away by Aliona/Bruno programs this season. For me, they are best proof that there can be an artistry, an intricacy and showstopping points outside of big elements. Both programs ooze creativity, innovation, musical sensitivity and interpretational/presentation-wise challenge - choreographies for them seem to be designed to achieve the flow,dance-like continuity of whole program, not to just create a background for mandatory elements. After 'Lighthouse' LP last year, I did not think that Aliona and Bruno could top that, but somehow I think that they have similarily amazing vehicle - from infinity sign, intricate transitions, until end pose, there is a great feel of modern dance style, something whimsical and effortless about it. Yes - it was not perfectly executed and I do wish they would stripped those throws down, BUT I think that the 'dare' and challenge of choreography alone are very big; on the other hand, I feel like this is a rare example where choreography is designed to highlight technical elements and to have the same importance like them. Moreover - Aliona and Bruno are one of very few teams - if not the only - who are capable of pulling off an abstract/modern theme in pairs skating, not losing themselves, their personality in process. I think that the challenge s now mostly about having a balance between Aliona's ambition/strive for difficulty and to have clean programs, because they have probably the best material to build on. There is just perfect blend of athleticism and artistry in both their programs, they are quite impactful as vehicles alone, but like some of you already pointed - they will have to be skated clean or clean-ish depending what others will do, to seal Olympic gold.

Personally - saying totally apart from competition, race for Olympic gold etc. - I am just plain happy that Aliona/Bruno are keeping challenging themselves in term of choreography/interpretation, pursuing this modern/contemporary style. I know that creativity/innovation/interesting choreo factors alone are not very important as for competition, but I respect Aliona/Bruno very much for bidding high stakes altogether.

Bcash

Final Flight
Gee@people waxing poetics about Savchenko/Massot program. To me it has none of the shimmering beauty, the startlingly romantic ebb and flow of their last year's LP. Most of the lifts are recycled and don't fit the music (especially the final one). Only thing new are some of the transitions.

This season has turned out to be full of underwhelming programs. So far all debut programs from top skaters in all disciplines underwhelm.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Gee@people waxing poetics about Savchenko/Massot program. To me it has none of the shimmering beauty, the startlingly romantic ebb and flow of their last year's LP. Most of the lifts are recycled and don't fit the music (especially the final one). Only thing new are some of the transitions.

This season has turned out to be full of underwhelming programs. So far all debut programs from top skaters in all disciplines underwhelm.
I like S/M's new FS, but I also preferred almost everybody's programs from last year as well (including S/M's)! But maybe that's just because the season has barely started and everyone's still working out the kinks. At least I hope so. :)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I have yet to rewatch S/M's Free on video but one thing was evident on Friday. This must be an incredibly hard program. You could read the exhaustion in both of their faces. The choreography, the lifts, each element....it was packed full and, not counting the mistakes, you could feel that it was the beginning of the season by the shakiness. I think it has potential, the way the music builds, it crescends....it's a good vehicle, made for that Olympic moment (although that ending pose looked awkward to me) T/M were cleaner so them winning was not really a surprise. And I think they look much more charming live than on tv or streams, both of them. All in all I look forward to more and I am thankful that S/M are pushing themselves.

bobbob

Medalist
except that Savchenko is very famous. still doesn't stand a chance as she's from a small federation ...

Yeah she is...what I'm saying is even if their programs were terrible or just average (for instance say they were using their FS from 2 years ago), their components would be pretty much the same. Of course their PCS isn't low by any means and their mistakes in technical content are affecting their PCS... But yeah I think they should be rewarded more for their programs.