2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens SP

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I want to see Lord Samarin in GPF

Imagine if the GPF qualifier are Mikhail,Shoma, Nathan, Boyang, Samarin, and between Max or Vincent

This would be excellent if Max was in it.

Hannah555

Ava artwork by talented ShampooNeko
Final Flight
How come? Has he not applied early enough?

Thanks for the info!!!

According to his twitter he applied on the 1st of November... I'm sure he'll receive it on time for the flight but he must be really nervous now (((

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Give Samarin some love. :laugh: He is a jumping bean (another new jumper to do 4 lutz!) and can be criticized for having received higher PCS than he actually performed with relatively empty programs due to his powerful federation, but he has tried really hard to sell his programs with his awkward presentation skills (hilarious and amusing). He sometimes reminds me of Kovtun a lot. However, he's a guilty pleasure skater for me while I haven't felt the same about Kovtun. Though I would wish Voronov survives from Nationals, so that he can go to the Olympics for the last time over the young bloods. :)

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Of course everybody wants Lord in the GPF. His royal posture, powerful skating and marvelous jumps can impress many fans! :clap:
🥇 🏆💪🏻👍🏻

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I don't think some people know what "everyone" means.

I have nothing against Samarin the person but his skating hurts my eyes and the music hurts my ears.

nimi

Medalist
Finally he received his visa 4 hours before the flight :clap:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbfVjPqh5VI/
Yay! Good news! :hap93:

For people assuming Misha just didn't bother or remember to apply for his visa "in time": Misha has talked about how complicated it can be for him to get visas for certain countries with his Uzbek passport (that he has to use when he's entering international competitions) and I think he's also mentioned that his very international background combined with his "weird" profession and frequent international travel sometimes seems a bit suspicious to the byreaucrats handling his visa applications... which can complicate matters even further.

I mean, having to visit the consulate 4 times is not everybody's experience but obviously it's his.

ETA: Just checked and yeah, it was TEB 2015 that he missed because of similar visa issues. He explains the issue here.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Why do some people call him "Lord" Samarin?

Beats me, but it was started by puremagic at first. I guess the origin could be linked with the dark image of Lord Voldemort or Lord Darth Vader because of Samarin's very serious devotion to his dark and macho programs (but just hilarious to me) :laugh:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^ makes perfect, weird, sense. I agree it's hilarious, but as someone who wasn't in on the beginning episode of his being referred to as "lord," I found it puzzling, because it sounded serious. :thank: for your answer!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
^^^ makes perfect, weird, sense. I agree it's hilarious, but as someone who wasn't in on the beginning episode of his being referred to as "lord," I found it puzzling, because it sounded serious. :thank: for your answer!

I'm pretty much still in unknown why Alexander is the 'Lord Samarin', but it stuck and makes smile on my face:)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Starting order, if nothing catastrophic happens at the last hour:

WARM UP GROUP 1:
Romain PONSART
Kevin AYMOZ
Denis TEN
Moris KVITELASHVILI
Vincent ZHOU

WARM UP GROUP 2:
Misha GE