2017 GP Internationaux de France Pairs FS | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Pairs FS

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
If they are going to sell this program Evgenia needs to relax and realize she's lovely.
Vlad needs to look at her like he wants to jump her bones.
That's really the only way to sell this program so it would work even on minimal level.
You need to look like you are hot for each other to pull this one off.

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
I think so?

S/H and T/M are in with 30
S/K are in with 26

D/R, S/M and Y/Z are competing next and two of them should make it to the final if they place 1st and 2nd. That leaves a tie break between J/C and the other 24 pointer. Unless D/R place third, which means S/M and Y/Z make it, but not J/C.

Oh, I didn't know it was that hard for J/C to make it to the Final. Were they bronze in Canada? Somehow I was convinced they had won silver there. :sad4:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Blue for men for sure
I really hope someone is smart enough to sue them because discrimination then. French fed deserves this, the plastic stars suck

I'm just wondering how much space in the cabinet this is going to take up for someone like Javi? I mean those suckers are big.

moriel

Record Breaker
If they are going to sell this program Evgenia needs to relax and realize she's lovely.
That's really the only way to sell this program so it would work even on minimal level.

And like, they are a couple, shouldnt be such an issue

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I criticized a lot about T/M's free program last season because it looked so outdated and lacks of style and overall package, but they should get it back ASAP! Or reuse anything that they previously performed which I also couldn't love during those times because this programs is soooooooooooooo awful. Their previous free programs are miles better in the end. I'm not sure why Nina Mozer let them perform this awful stuff in the OLYMPIC SEASON.

By the way, James and Morgan were awesome today. They should've won the event over T/M with the 1-1-1 combo and lackluster performance. I'm so glad for DM/G's first Grand Prix medal. Congratulations!
We didn't realize how good we had it last year with "Music".

moriel

Record Breaker
I'm just wondering how much space in the cabinet this is going to take up for someone like Javi? I mean those suckers are big.

Nah, they give medals every 2 years, so it will compensate cause the french medals were TINY last time we saw it.

crankyintheAM

On the Ice
Vanessa and Morgan's twist was off and funky looking today. Only got credit for a 3TwB. And they missed a couple other levels, which ended up being costly. I knew there had to have been a reason why their free skate barely outscored T/M's.

Yeah, sadly, it was not their best technically, the twist, one of the lifts, their spins are getting better but should be much better. It was still a magical skate, just not enough for the points.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS218.2012video
2Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES FRA214.3221video
3Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE ITA197.5933video
4Liubov ILYUSHECHKINA / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN193.0744video
5Cheng PENG / Yang JIN CHN188.1455video
6Marissa CASTELLI / Mervin TRAN USA177.1566video
7Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV FRA146.7277video
8Zoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI GBR130.4388video

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
And like, they are a couple, shouldnt be such an issue

you'd think, right? But Vlad doesn't look into it. I'm sure he is into her but I don't think he's into whatever the mood of this program is supposed to be.

I mean I'm not even sure if you took a team with off the charts chemistry like J/C or V/M that they could sell it but still he needs to look something other than annoyed. It's like she's interrupting him while he's watching the world cup to try and seduce him.

:) congrats to all medalist and making gp final, tarasova/morozov; did james and cipres make it with 2 seconds or is combine score too low?

Sackie

Medalist
It seems CAN is allowed to do well in the non Olympic seasons but when it comes to the Olympics the favorite countries move to the top! And this is not just in Pairs but at this point the only Olympic Medal I can see CAN getting is V/M silver in Dance, and the team bronze medal.

moriel

Record Breaker
you'd think, right? But Vlad doesn't look into it. I'm sure he is into her but I don't think he's into whatever the mood of this program is supposed to be.

I mean I'm not even sure if you took a team with off the charts chemistry like J/C or V/M that they could sell it but still he needs to look something other than annoyed. It's like she's interrupting him while he's watching the world cup to try and seduce him.

Nah, better, you know that cartoons about a gamer and his gf?
That looks so much like that... The guy is busy with something and clearly has no time for the annoying lady. The girl is trying to look sexy, but actually looks really awkward instead

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It seems CAN is allowed to do well in the non Olympic seasons but when it comes to the Olympics the favorite countries move to the top! And this is not just in Pairs but at this point the only Olympic Medal I can see CAN getting is V/M silver in Dance, and the team bronze medal.

um.. I don't think I/M deserved to be ahead of the other three here. They totally messed up their sbs.

cleo2070

Final Flight

This is very sound advice, but I really cannot imagine them being able to pull it off... For the record, I've quite liked T/M ever since they appeared on the senior stage and I actually (guilty confession coming up here) enjoyed their 'Music' FS last season, but this Candyman program is, to put it nicely, rather borderline for me in terms of working/not working.
So... all those in favour of bringing 'Music' back? ;)