2017 GP Skate America Pairs SP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Pairs SP

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I’m here, the party can start now!

I’m quite enjoying the fact that this event is in my time zone.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Yulia was not so fond of the schedule because she thinks there is not enough time for athletes to recover between SP and FS
I don't like that Pairs and Men will be over before Dance or Ladies even starts. Way to make them feel unimportant.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m here, the party can start now!

I’m quite enjoying the fact that this event is in my time zone.

:dance3:

charmblade

Final Flight
Deanna and Nate were so good!

Maybe they'll start a trend of the US pairs landing SBS jumps tonight....:slink:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
No whispering on the CBC feed. Cross your fingers that no one summons the dark one.

notonmylife15

On the Ice
Deanna and Nathan have SO MUCH POTENTIAL. I mean, they've come so far in about a year's time, both in terms of musicality and in terms of skills. I want to see them stick around for the next quad -- there is so much potential there!!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Stellato / Bartholomay

Tech: Clean sbs 3Ts, fine on the 3Twist. throw 3Lo with touch down of foot, okay death spiral that's a bit slow, right into a combo spin with alright speed and positions. Footwork could have deeper edges and have more speed. A bit of strange exit on the lift so I'm not sure if they're going to get a level 4 on it.

Pres: Not too bad on the interpretation of Eleanor Rigby. I think the footwork could have picked up speed along with the music.

gold12345

Medalist
It's too bad they removed the SBS 3Lz, as it at least gave them a wow element, but they really seemed to struggle with it.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That just felt like a total mismatch between music and pair team. It's a lyrical piece and they're not particularly lyrical skaters. Lovely second position on the overhead lift and then an incredibly awkward exit from it.

Really a mixed bag there.

ETA: Oh this announcer is a GEM. Fool's gold.