2017 GPF Pairs FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Pairs FS

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Yes, soundless for me too. And the sound was working on the "Broadcast about to start" screen right before the broadcast started :scratch2:

Perhaps I should not complain... CBC is spoiling Canadians by streaming everything live and w/o commentary... one tech hiccup is not a crime. But I can't stand the chatty cathy commentator on the FSLive YT channel!!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Dear god, why am I here and not asleep in my comfy, comfy bed?

All these events in Asia are preparing us poor North Americans for the lack of sleep we’ll be getting for two weeks come February.

Actually you'll be fine in February, events will be in the morning in Korea so that North America will have the events during the evening, live.
OTOH, I live in Western Europe... I'll be awake from 2am to 5 am for almost 2 weeks. I'm not ready for this :cry:

pearly

Record Breaker
Actually you'll be fine in February, events will be in the morning in Korea so that North America will have the events during the evening, live.
OTOH, I live in Western Europe... I'll be awake from 2am to 5 am for almost 2 weeks. I'm not ready for this :cry:

It's ridiculous. To have the skating events at 10 am and practices at 6:30 am at Olympics because of a broadcaster.... ridiculous.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I slept through both junior events this morning, grumble.
But waking up to Star Wars is :yahoo: I'm wide awake now! Only four more nights to sleep until new movie, wooooooo!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

Dang. That’ll be weird for the skaters, no? To compete that early in the AM?

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Uhoh that bodes bad for me in Australia because I usually work in the mornings! I'll have to record it!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I love these humongous throw triples instead of the clunky quads we sometimes see. :love:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Very good skate! Well, apart from combo, but really, really good. :clap:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
LOLz, Duel of the Fates reminds of the SW concerts I went to last weekend. The conductor wanted the audience to sing along with the Coraaaaa lyrics. It didn't really go as planned, but fun trying, nevertheless.

bobbob

Medalist
Very good, not as perfect as Skate America but strong energy. TES doesn't seem that high though

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Every time see Y/Z I am still so surprised that I actually started to adore this pair, I did not expect to. But they work really well together.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
lovely program from Fairy Yu and Zhang!!!:love:, I just adore her delicate yet prominent finishing of movement, extension on lifts, easiness in transitioning...love the program for them in general - choreography is so spot on musical accents!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
shaky on sbs but well done!! havent noticed this before but i love the placement of sbs spin with the music :luv17:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Yu / Zhang

Very good technically. Only real bobble was the 1T in the combo which Yu struggled on. I like that they are getting better timing on the crescendos of the Star Wars music, and are paying more attention to the musical phrasing. They can still work on relating to the music, though, with better facial expression and a better connection between them. I mean, you're skating to Star Wars!, you can show some excitement and even some romance.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Hahaha BESP commentator about Zhang "well, you wouldn't want to get into an argument with him" :laugh: