2017 JGP Austria Mens SP | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Austria Mens SP

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Sena was basically the only guy in the whole competition to get something better than step sequence 2...

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
The Russian judge (No.2) is a Sena fan.:laugh: Awarded him highest PCS in every category out of all 21 guys and some nice GOEs. I'm a fan of Sena too but...okay~

Tulipstar

Medalist
Only just started watching this, as I had work. It's really cool that there's a Michael Jackson program by Anton Skoficz :thumbsup:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Never in Jr Grand Prix history has there been such an awful mens sp where no one skated a program of any value

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I missed the last 2 groups so I'm catching up now...have to say the men's JGP this season is off to a rather depressing start. On the positive side, even though the performances were messy, several of the guys are at least interesting to watch. Really sorry for Egor - he looked tired, or not well, or something...:confused2: My only consolation is that with none of the Russian guys really delivering, maybe Georgy Kunitsa will get an assignment after all.

Also, listening to Ted is so educational - he points out things that would never occur to me as a non-skater...he really is the best!

Kara

Final Flight
A quick look through the protocols for the SP made me pretty depressed.:palmf: The real prediction game now is whether or not the top ladies SP score will beat the top score here.:slink:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Zhenya Zhenya :bang:

Congrats to the Turkish guy!!!!!:clap: & Camden

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I thought it was a disappointingly skated event, lots and lots of errors. The American jumped well but the rest wasn't great I think he was lucky to be placed first. My favourite was Economides, I would have him first. Was very impressed with Oktar from Turkey, would place him second, would love to see him hang on to a podium spot. I am a fan of Murashov but he was a bit of today but there is a real freedom to his movement, hopefully he skates a strong free and moves up the field.

All in all it's pretty close among the field so there is potential or a lot of movement in the free

corynna

On the Ice
This has been one really messy SP. Camden looks promising though. And I also enjoyed Economides and Basar. I hope for a better FP from everybody.

shmay

On the Ice
I hope Ivan Shmuratko gets more opportunities like this. His quality of movement and sense of musicality was a breath of fresh air. And the knee slide into the forward camel was of course nice too. Pulkinen's camel spins, on the other hand, were a complete affront to the eyes. -3.

I'll echo the sentiments of others regarding what looks to be a rather underwhelming JGP series for the men. I think we were rather spoiled during the last two seasons.

Sackie

Medalist
Interesting that the top 2 had major errors. Hope people remember this if Chan should happen to have an error in his GP events and still place high in the events! :)