2017 JGP Belarus Ladies Free Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Belarus Ladies Free Program

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Trusova's 4S was << downgraded in additional to the fall.

Tessa got 2 downgrades AND another underrotation, and a time violation in addition to her fall.

3/10 judges+ref thought Oliwia Rzepiel had a costume violation.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Poor Sasha, please stop trying the quad now! How painful it is to fall like this. :sad4:

Nana, a new shining star was born! :love:

Tessa is a very charming skater, but her jumps... :palmf: Frank is still coaching her? :eek:

skatenewbie

Medalist
nice to see Stasya medal and Nana too, she comes out of nowhere lol. if Samodurova/Kostornaia scored better than Stasya+podium i think Stasya wont get 2nd assignment... i hope she gets her 2nd though and qualified for JGPF

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Nana actually had higher BV than Konstantinova even without the backloading. :shocked:
Stanislava screwed up spin levels and lost some BV there, because otherwise her GOE were pretty good. She won the FS over Nana due to PCS, not TES, since Nana got better TES there.

Edit: Nevermind, she popped the 3Lz. Forgot that. :sad4:

Kara

Final Flight
Rewatching Nana's program, I really want to shake her costume designer. Overdesigned like old idol costumes.:slink: Nana reminded me that watching juniors makes me become a fan of so many skaters that I always have an enjoyable, but stressful time trying to keep track of them all. There's a magic that keeps me really invested while dealing with heartache because you never know what will happen with puberty and all. The event is barely over and I'm already stressing over Croatia.:drama:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
nice to see Stasya medal and Nana too, she comes out of nowhere lol. if Samodurova/Kostornaia scored better than Stasya+podium i think Stasya wont get 2nd assignment... i hope she gets her 2nd though and qualified for JGPF

It'll heavily depend on how Samodurova/Kostornaia do in their assignments. Right now the 6 remaining spots are assigned to

CRO - Tarakanova (1st, AUT)
CRO - Samodurova
POL - Panenkova (1st, LAT)
POL - Kostornaia
ITA - Guliakova (2nd, AUS)
ITA - Vasilieva

I think it'll come down to how Samodurova and Kostornaia skate. If one or both medal, RUS will have to decide who gets that last spot currently slotted to Vasilieva. If both do well enough, they may even displace Guliakova too.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I feel like Riko is a lot like a Marin Honda in that we don't see much passion/personality and with rather bland programs that could go to any dramatic music... I liked Nana and her spunk more, but her technique looks a little scary. Also, nice to see Stasya trying to upgrade her technical content with those rather nice tanos. But the one who stole the show today in my opinion is Sasha. Even with the freak fall and downgrade, she kept it together and PERFORMED. She showed us her personality on the ice, and I love that about her.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Poor Sasha, please stop trying the quad now! How painful it is to fall like this. :sad4:

That looked really painful for sure. I think that it might be best if she didn't attempt it any more. It'd probably not going to be rotated anyway and hence the point gain would be relatively minor. And as it's right at the start of the program, if she does fall it it trickles down and makes the rest of the program significantly less enjoyable to watch, like what happened here.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
That looked really painful for sure. I think that it might be best if she didn't attempt it any more. It'd probably not going to be rotated anyway and hence the point gain would be relatively minor. And as it's right at the start of the program, if she does fall it it trickles down and makes the rest of the program significantly less enjoyable to watch, like what happened here.

Definitely! Even as a spectator, I was in no mood to watch the rest of her skate after that hard fall, let alone her own parents. Such a rare talent should be better protected.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
I feel like Riko is a lot like a Marin Honda in that we don't see much passion/personality and with rather bland programs that could go to any dramatic music... I liked Nana and her spunk more, but her technique looks a little scary.

Nana's axel technique is scary for sure. But her other jumps, especially the lutz and flip as Ender pointed out, are pure gold. Yuna/Liza/Caro level toe jump technique :thumbsup:

Ender

Match Penalty
Nana's axel technique is scary for sure. But her other jumps, especially the lutz and flip as Ender pointed out, are pure gold. Yuna/Liza/Caro level toe jump technique :thumbsup:
She has time to fix her Axel. Certainly Akari will not have a 3A with that but it doesn't matter as long as she lands ithe 2A. Now thinking of her Lutz gives me so much joy again.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Just watched the Top 3. My favourite was Konstantinova, both her programmes were great. It's good to see an slightly 'older' Russian on the JGP. Sadly I'm not sure she will get a second assignment. Good to see she scored well on PCS. The Japanese girls last spin was fantastic