2017 JGP Belarus Ladies Short Program | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Belarus Ladies Short Program

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Warmup Group 6 thoughts

- Okay so Konstantinova can definitely jump. Wearing a very pretty red dress with rhinestone patterning.

- I like this skater wearing the purplish blue dress with the flowers on it.

- Whoever this is wearing black with a flame-colored gradient pattern on the diagonal (both front and back) has an interesting dress. (Maybe Morgan Flood?)

- Not sure how I feel about the aqua dress with the darker blue skirt? The overall design of the dress is okay but the color combination is not my favorite.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
hard fall from Morgan, hope she didnt hit her head, well done for continuing, but rest of the program was really good

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Wonder how Morgan feels about Kim Cheremsky getting AZE's Nebelhorn spot instead of her.

Nice opening combo!

Oh ouch that was a hard fall she just took.

I do like the flame pattern on her dress. And she had a nice layback.

Afterwards it looks like she may be pretty hurt from that fall. Keeps bringing her hand up to her head. Hope they have her checked out properly.

Still gained 5 points in her ISU PB SP score though, yay for that!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Ye Lim's (KOR) dress is so busy but I...actually don't mind? I like the layering of the skirt. Yet, it doesn't seem like a Riverdance dress really.

I still cannot watch a Riverdance program without comparing it in my head to Jason's 2014 FS. unfortunately.

Nice combo from Ye Lim.

Shoot the duck! (I think Jason had one at that part of the music too.)

Nice Rippon jump! And nice final spin!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
YEESSS!! Ye Lim skated clean!! and this must be the most personality she probably showed, well done! :yahoo:

Kara

Final Flight
Yelim fight against some of the Korean makeup trends and get foundation that is your skin tone please.:hopelessness: The eyeshadow work looks nice though and she went clean!! She actually performed in the beginning! Yikes those PCS, as I thought, they were not going to give it to her with the choreography as it is now.:palmf:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
This is what I said about Josephine's dress in Austria and it's still true.

Based on Josephine's dress, I'd have thought some sort of Disney Princess music but her bio lists her music as "Pharao Ramses II by Derek Fieehter"

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Oooh I like Anna's dress. Also a Moldovan skater? Interesting.

Oof, falls on both her first 2 jumps.

Gets the combo out though!

Multiple illusions. That was neat!

lanark

On the Ice
Yelim fight against some of the Korean makeup trends and get foundation that is your skin tone please.:hopelessness: The eyeshadow work looks nice though and she went clean!! She actually performed in the beginning! Yikes those PCS, as I thought, they were not going to give it to her with the choreography as it is now.:palmf:

She's good technically, but someone can please give her a new choreo!!!
Fortunetely, her LP is way better, imo.
Although it's not difficult to be better than that.

I'm not surprised with her score at all. :(

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Stanislava Konstantinova has a very nice SP dress. I would probably wear something like it IRL.

Nice 'Tano first jump of her combo, but falls on the second jump, nooooooooo!

Another 'Tano.

Great combo spin to end.

Kara

Final Flight
She's good technically, but someone can please give her a new choreo!!!
Fortunetely, her LP is way better, imo.
Although it's not difficult to be better than that.

I'm not surprised with her score at all. :(

I'm not fond of her LP choreography either lol...She's supposed to be one of Korea's top juniors, yet she gets the worst choreo out of all of them and even she looked confused with her score because she only really has her coach who thinks it's okay. Jihun had good choreography today from Wilson while Yelim gets this and it really leaves me shaking my head.:noshake: The only part I really like after watching it a lot of times now is the part she glides while holding her skate at the whistle before her lutz. Beginning is just :mad:. Even if she can't get PCS, she needs the TES, but the carrots I assume.

What's up with Yelim's score :cry:

Possible URs for the combo and lost levels for the step sequence?

breadstal

Record Breaker
I'm not fond of her LP choreography either lol...She's supposed to be one of Korea's top juniors, yet she gets the worst choreo out of all of them and even she looked confused with her score because she only really has her coach who thinks it's okay. Jihun had good choreography today from Wilson while Yelim gets this and it really leaves me shaking my head.:noshake: The only part I really like after watching it a lot of times now is the part she glides while holding her skate at the whistle before her lutz. Beginning is just :mad:. Even if she can't get PCS, she needs the TES, but the carrots I assume.

Possible URs for the combo and lost levels for the step sequence?

The combo didn't look UR at all for me but I guess we need to wait for protocols to check what's going on. Step sequence was messy indeed.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Wow. Great skate by Stanislava despite the mistake and shaky jumps. So powerful and nice. Well-deserved first place in the PCS.