2017 JGP Brisbane Ladies FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Brisbane Ladies FS

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Weird layout. For such a jumper, it's puzzling why she would go for a 1Lo combo which gives so many less points than doing a 2T combo instead.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
That was very solid, but it really didn't engage me as a viewer at all. Even though she's a good skater, she lacks the 'it factor'. I also found that she Ripponed too many of her jumps, and the ones that she did with 'regular' arms looked awkward. Her dress was a pretty colour, but the coloured gloves and half over the boot tights do not do it for me. :S

sailormoon

On the Ice
Country
Japan
Alexandra Trusova started off her free program with a quad attempt and her overall score was around 197. She's another prodigy from Eteri Tutberidze's coaching team along with Alina Zagitova.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Riko has one of the more interesting dresses of the day.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I like Anastasiia's no-frills style. Nothing spectacular, but very smooth.

Is Alexandra eligible for Russian Senior Nats with 13?

I don't think so.
But wouldn't that be something? If Anna returns properly they could have had a 1-4. :shocked:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Trusova's a June 23 birthday. Would she become the youngest JGP winner ever or did the season start too late this year for that? If not, is there potential for youngest JGPF/JWC winner ever? At least with the current age limits.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Riko TAKINO (JPN)
Les Miserables
in...I can't even describe it. It's like purple but all slashed up and the skirt seems to sit weird and it's a bit weird

3F-3T
3Lz<
3Lo
FSSp
LSp
1A-3T
3F<-2T-2Lo
3S
StSq
2A
CCoSp

Well done!

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Good skate by Riko! Like her Japanese counterpart, she is a whippy, low jumper, so I'm not sure if her technique will hold up. She had nice presence and connected reasonably well to her music. I didn't really see the connection of the costume and the program though (It looks purple on my screen...?). I was expecting a Cirque program. ;)

Kara

Final Flight
Once again props to Riko for not falling apart after the 2 Russians skating so well. However, after seeing Trusova and Guliakova's jumps, hers feels really low. Also not feeling the interpretation of LesMis too much for the first music cut, but much better after.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
So Aurora moves up to 7th and breaks the combo of RUS-RUS-JPN-JPN-USA-USA-KOR-KOR that was in the SP.

Enjoyed the Russian ladies. Trusova is a little dynamite!

lady_bee

Medalist
Aside form spins, I like Rico more than Akari.
I've heard she started figure skating around age 10. amazing!
Since she is one of Nobu Oda's first pupils, I hope to see him crying with joy with Riko in K&C in near future.

Kara

Final Flight
Congrats to our 3 medalists!! A gold for Trusova that cannot be denied!:yahoo::clap: She was heads and shoulders above everyone else. Guliakova didn't leave too much of a lasting impression on me besides her jumps, but boy are they a beauty. I'm glad Riko didn't attempt the 3A because I really feel like she has to work on her height for her other jumps first. It was a well deserved bronze though. Akari was my preferred Japanese lady here, but her jumps were even lower lol. Best spins of the competition though. Ting also really impressed me and I hope she does well in her 2nd JGP spot (if she has one?). I also really liked Aurora.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for putting up with me all, I have a dinner to go to tonight so unfortunately I won't be around to do PBP for the FD.