2017 JGP Poland Ladies SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Poland Ladies SP

tjb

Match Penalty
eunsoo can get into the final with bronze (and 170+ score), if rika fails in italy

Kara

Final Flight
Nana is also at Italy with a second place finish and higher score than Rika this season so even if Rika implodes from nerves :)hopelessness:) Nana might be able to grab the silver. Basically my head is spinning trying to see the chances of 2 of the Rika/Eunsoo/Nana trio getting into the final no matter how small it is.:slink: If they all do reasonably well, I can expect to see at least one of them, but I like them all.:tantrum: I think it's obvious who I'm rooting for the most though.:biggrin: Site note, but Nana's hometown and training area is in Nagoya!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Maybe she won't go then...

Or maybe Daria won't...considering how her FS went in Riga :sarcasm:

Aside that, just wish everyone good skates. Geez. If Eunsoo doesn't make the final, I don't mind because I know how she improved from last season and I am more than content towards that. Not everything is about winning here.

nikros

Rinkside
Alena-Eunsoo-Panenkova or Eunsoo-Alena-Panenkova with Alena/Eunsoo higher score than Guliakova please, please, please.:pray: Eunsoo for the final please!!:sad4:
So you wish Guluakova will be robbed with another stage. Don't you think it is unfair?

Kara

Final Flight
So you wish Guluakova will be robbed with another stage. Don't you think it is unfair?

I think it's unfair if Guliakova loses her 2nd spot (and basically means that if you don't win, you aren't guaranteed a 2nd spot for Russian ladies which is insane), but that's a possibility that came out the moment they put Alena in and Sofia won Croatia and I'm not wishing she gets robbed and in the first place, won't consider it robbing her of a spot if Alena wins or gets a high score as 2nd.:scratch2: As for my post, I originally had myself wishing that Eunsoo would at least have a higher score if she got 2nd so she would have the possibility of advancing into the final depending on how Italy goes no matter who goes, but thought it was weird grammar wise to not put Alena there since I put 2 possibilities out already.

Anyway, as sunnystars said, I want people to do well and for judging to be sound. Also maybe to have more people in the audience.:biggrin:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

I think it's unfair for all of them, they should all get the 2nd spot because they are very talented (Gubanova and Fedichkina are incredible skaters and they are out because they bombed the first competition, Konstantinova actually did well at her first event but probably not good enough for the second spot).

In defense of Gulyakova i'd say that her score at the first event could have been easily 190+ (she skated clean both programs after all) elsewhere because judges were very conservative in Brisbane, she is working with the 3A which looks good to me from what i've seen on youtube, and that element would put her above the rest of the field in Russia except maybe Trusova.

:roll5:

Eunsoo needs at least silver to get to JGPF. :)

As others said she can still qualify with the bronze, but that was just my prediction if everyone skates clean. The high technical difficulty of Darya's FS would probably put her in front.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
We all talk about Russian skaters...it is true, an all Russian GP final is not to be wanted by anybody, except Russians themselves. Anyway, I hope Aurora will do 2 good programs, not as any redemption, just for her own benefit.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
We all talk about Russian skaters...it is true, an all Russian GP final is not to be wanted by anybody, except Russians themselves. Anyway, I hope Aurora will do 2 good programs, not as any redemption, just for her own benefit.

Disagree.

I think the most talented skaters who delivered clean performances should go to the finals, no exceptions.

Actually it pisses me off more when judges try to overscore someone else to avoid this situation.

There is no need to complain from other coaches and feds honestly: if they want to compete seriously against the russians, they have to do more with more ambitious programs and more consistency, otherwise they are okay to grab a silver or a bronze once in a while.

andromache

Record Breaker
I don't feel any which way about an all-Russian JGPF final. I think it's a little bad for the promotion and development of the sport in those other countries, but hey, whoever earns it, earns it.

I'd prefer to see the most possibly diverse array of countries with the ability to field strong candidates in all disciplines that would be make an all-single-country final competition impossible, but that's not the case. In this case, it's clear that Japanese and Korean ladies (along with the rest of the world) need to step it up in order to have representation at the final, and that's fine. Their spots are assured at the World Championships.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
We all talk about Russian skaters...it is true, an all Russian GP final is not to be wanted by anybody, except Russians themselves.

Quite a rude and unneccessary post now that it is not possible to have the all Russian final. Minimum is 2 (Trusova, Tarakanova) - maximum is 5 (plus Panenkova, Samodurova, and Gulyakova/Kostornaya). The most real scenario is 4 as Panenkova and Samodurova need just a bronze. Gulyakova without 3A will likely lose to both Kihira and Araki. The biggest question mark is Alyona Kostornaya, if she can impress everyone including the judges this week.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm fine with an all-Russian JGPF too. Like andromache said, it's great to see a more diverse group, but if the Russian girls earn it, then cool. Trusova's probably my favourite junior lady right now.

Moving on, as someone said earlier, I'd like to see Aurora do well here. She had a rough event in Brisbane with that weird trip or something going into the lutz so she never really got off the ground in the short and then the music issues in the long.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Moving on, as someone said earlier, I'd like to see Aurora do well here. She had a rough event in Brisbane with that weird trip or something going into the lutz so she never really got off the ground in the short and then the music issues in the long.

I liked Aurora's skating, she somehow reminded me about little Alaine, when she was competing at JWC 2014. Although they are different. Sad that ISU didn't upload Aurora's free skate on the channel. Only short program.

russianfan

Match Penalty
I think Trusova and Tarakanova are the strongest Russians, am I correct? Speacially Trusova... I'd put my money on her for the gold, specially after the total bomb from Tarakanova's last LP performance.

remember the last russian girl who bombed her second JGP, after being 1st in the first one? we all know how that season ended then :)
P.S. also her reaction right after the skate was something along the lines of "suka blyat" :laugh: priceless

russianfan

Match Penalty
That's what I said, Tarakanova now has the experience of everything going wrong, so next time, even if she has a major fall at the start, she should be able to recover better and focus till the end of the program.
it's not like this is the first time she messed up though... she had hard performances before, but she is a fighter and never gives up, and this is what i like so much in her

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am not Russian, and I love Russian skaters, even my favourite ever skater is Russian, but I don't think a one country JGPF it is good for figure skating. May be it is not even possible. I don't know.
Good luck girls! Good luck Aurora!

Country
Russia
I am not Russian, and I love Russian skaters, even my favourite ever skater is Russian, but I don't think a one country JGPF it is good for figure skating. May be it is not even possible. I don't know.
Good luck girls! Good luck Aurora!
Of course good luck all girls, and let the strongest win!

1. No chance to all-Russian JGPF. Only 5 Russian girls will have two JGP Events. Trusova, Tarakanova, Panenkova, Samodurova and Gulyakova or Kostornaya.

2. What is the problem? At Canadian Nationals 2017 only Top-6 Senior Women and Top-3 Junior Women (in SP) had 3+3 combo in SP. Yesterday at 3rd Event of StPetersburg Cup Top-10 Junior Ladies had 3+3 combo in SP (while there were no leaders, not so strong girls compete). See the difference.
Is high level of Russian girls Russia's problem? I believe not.

UPDATE
Russia has very talented Junior girls - it is good, it makes level higher.
Japan and Korea have very talented Junior girls - it is good, at the same reason.
Canada has very talented Senior Women, World Medalists - it is good, at the same reason.