2017 JGPF Ladies FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 JGPF Ladies FS

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hmm...
3 senior ladies: Zhenya, Polina, Alina.
5 junior ladies: Sasha, Alena, Nastya, Dasha, Anna.
1 senior man: Moris
5 junior men: Alexey, Egor, Nika, Artem, Ilya

That's 14. Wow, 11 more.

Who else? I think I remember Diana Guseva, Sofia Akatieva. So if I have those right, then still 9.

http://www.sportvokrug.ru/fs/coaches/79/

This seems pretty inaccurate and outdated but I'm sure it has -some- additional names that are accurate.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Can someone translate the press conference?

There was someone translating during the live stream. From what I can remember:

Trusova said she wants to do both 3A and 4S

Kostornaya said she is planning on adding a quad

Tarakanova said she wants to learn / invent new spins

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
was there ever a ladies figure skating competition where the whole podium has been owned by one coach? :)

If Tsurskaya manages to get into the olympic team instead of Sotskova I think the ladies no longer need to worry about their designation. They will just go as team Eteristan. And since they are at it, they can also rename their club from Sambo 70 to Sambo 70 SP, 200 Total. ;)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Yes, that's what she should have done. She should have substituted a 2T with a 3T.

Indeed, with a pop that could be done and would net 3 extra points. It's interesting if she hasn't practiced that - I could imagine that popping one of the 3As would be more common than not doing so.

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
oh wow! these junior ladies are killing it!!!
the technical content, maaaannnn :points:

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
The girls didn't beat Alina's record, but the average mark is 12 points higher than in the last JGPF.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Btw, is it me or is Eteri's attitude with Alina very different to the one she has with Evgenia?

russianfan

Match Penalty
Btw, is it me or is Eteri's attitude with Alina very different to the one she has with Evgenia?

of course it would be a little different - Evgenia trains with her more than 10 years, so they are like one family, when Alina is only about 2 years i guess?

liv

Record Breaker
What a great competition. They are all very similar in their elements, especially step sequences, for good reason... but they are so competition tough. Loved this competition.

love Kihira's 3A3T... lovely to finally see it in International competition.. and almost as good as Midori's (yes, hers was just practice video)

My favourite is Anastasia Tarakanova... steps away a bit from the Eteri blue print in some ways... a little more wild and unpredictable... loved her.

Trusova... unrefined, and spins aren't so great, but great 4S try... a real fighter out there...

Kostornaia... a little too self contained for me but that's her style and she did great jumps etc..

treeloving

Medalist
Congratulation the all ladies, it is a great competition. Although she is not my favorite, Trusova truly deserve to win.

Congrats to Rika for landing amazing and effortless 3A.

Alena said she need the skating of Carolina Kostner :love: No wonder she is so refine.

I also have soft for Tarakanova , Panenkova and Samudorova.

Btw, Eteri deserve "figure skating person of the year" prize.

Lzbee

Final Flight
This is the first time I've followed juniors at all and the level of skating these girls are bringing is just astounding. So exciting to see all these triple axels, quad jumps and triple loop combos creeping in when senior level tech has somewhat stagnated in terms of jumps base value (except for Alina of course).

Daria Panenkova
Her expression is noticeably weaker considering Carolina Kostner is skating to the same music this season but she has beautiful jumps, especially the rippons.

Rika Kihira
Fantastic 3A-3T! Well done Rika for keeping her cool afterwards too though shame about the pop. That score might have difficulty getting on the podium though.

Sofia Samodurova
Whoa that look as she first gets on the ice, I would not like to get on her bad side when she’s angry. She looked nervous throughout which affected the performance a lot compared to her Grand Prix performances. Well done on the clean skate but I expect she’ll need the rest of the girls to make mistakes to podium.

Anastasia Tarakanova
I’m not sold on her style yet but I love how she skates to very big and dramatic music without letting it drown her. And that speed. She flies across the ice. Very nice and a very nice score too.
(But looking at the slow mo replays, that loop in the 3 jump combo looks underrotated?)

Alena Kostornaia
My personal favourite so I was a little nervous watching her but she delivered. I’m glad that she’s worked on the leg wrap and it’s improved leaps and bounds. She’s also improving her expression so I’m very impressed. I hope she looks at that lutz edge next because that looked unclear to me.

Alexandra Trusova
Amazing how quickly she gets up from the fall and goes straight into a fantastic spin. Shame about the errors but I finally see the refinement in her from this performance. She still has a way to go before she’s at Alena’s level imo since she sometimes forgets about what her hands/arms are doing but there’s a lot of potential.

It’s very close between Kostornaia and Trusova that I’d have been happy with either of them winning!

ks777

Record Breaker

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Omg! Finally had time to watch the FS. And I actually almost cried. Like, literally.
First I was excited watching Daria (she's amazing!). Then Rika came and she looked so nervous(as always) and again I thought she wouldn't land anything, specially the 3A+3T. But then she did it!!!!!!! I had tears in my eyes, tears of joy. History was made.
I knew she wouldn't land the other 3A. She's a very nervous skater. And I don't blame her at all! If I'm sitting in my living room watching these girls and I'm freaking out I can only imagine how they are feeling.
And that's what made everything so emotional. They are SO good, they have to fight.
Sofia fought but she too looked very nervous, but in a different way. She was focused. Extremely focused on her elements. So her usual great expression suffered a little.
I also almost cried with Tarakanova. She is SO intense!!!! I love her style! I didn't use to enjoy watching her, but I guess today was a special day. She really is outstanding, very fierce, a warrior! I love that she skates to "Fly" because she *flies* on the ice and on her jumps(they are a little muscled but I don't care, she has great height and she's d r a m a t i c).
Then the beautiful, the only, the incredible Kostornaya graced us with her amazing jumps and spins. I absolutely love her spins. And she has the best posture and poise.
To close this EPIC ladies JGPF, the little diamond brought her A game. I don't know why but I knew she wasn't going to land that 4S. Probably because she's yet to land it in international competition. Same as Kihira. But Kihira had recently landed a major combination AND another 3A in Japan, in front of many many people. So I thought she would be a little more relaxed. I don't know if I'm right but I feel like, in Trusova's case I think it's a matter of getting it right, not nerves. In Kihira's case I think it's the other way around, if she can learn to relax and don't be so affected by the pressure she will land those 3As and, in the future, her 4S.
I'm so excited imagining 2022 OG with ladies landing 3As and quads!!!!!
Anyway, I think I've never written such a long comment on the internet! [emoji55]
This has been such an emotional ride. Simply the best ladies competition.
Now I'm looking forward to Worlds!!!