2017 Jr Worlds Ladies SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Ladies SP

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There were closeups of her right at the beginning. I thought her team jacket looked interesting, white with the national flag on the arm. Curious.

And I missed it! :dev2: That's odd though, since they usually go in order of skating, so she should have been last.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Good morning CaroLiza! This is a big day for your country, and cheers!! Toronto even goes quite crazy on St. Patrick's Day.

Funny you should mention that. There was a series on a few months ago on BBC NI about the impact that people from Ulster had made on Canada (New Zealand and America had been covered in previous years). And they mentioned that every mayor of Toronto up until something like the 1930's was from here!

we have a St. Patrick's day parade here in town but it's planned for the 19th...which is a good thing as the streets are still full of snow....

Yeah, a lot of places are having their celebrations tomorrow. But, Dublin are having their parade today, and we always watch it on the TV every year.

Happy St Patrick's Day, CaroLiza_fan!

I made green cupcakes :yes:

Green cupcakes?! Now that is something different!

I am watching Jason Brown do Riverdance on the occasion of SPD>

Good idea! I think I'll watch Rika Hongo's FS from last season later on. (Not that I ever need an excuse to! It was my favourite programme of all of last season!)

CaroLiza_fan

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
This Turkish girl has some pretty amazing qualities! Lovely extension and skating, just needs to work on the spins and the positions. Love the smile, but it doesn't make sense with the music. Save that for another program girl!

mrrice

Record Breaker
This song will Never Die!!!!!!!! It froze right at the end of her program but, she had a nice presence going before the freeze.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
About an hour and 40 minutes until we know the first FS qualifier (once Andrea Montesinos Cantu of MEX, the first skater in Group 5) has gotten her score)!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is a Sam Smith program more bearable if someone else sings it? :laugh:

Yep! Loved that version of the song. Reminded me of Evanescence, which is no bad thing! :agree:

That young Turkish girl is so cute. And she skated well. Although I have only seen 2 of the previous skaters, neither of whom are the leader, I agree that she deserved to go top!

:cheer: WELL DONE GUZIDE!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Nothing against Nina, but watching her performance reminds me of how underrated Leonova is.