2017 World Ladies SP | Page 92 | Golden Skate

2017 World Ladies SP

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
This is some seriously crappy camera work. What is this, a senior B?

Lissy

Medalist
I give Ashley a ton of credit. I definitely saw improvements from nationals in the transitions and the speed even. But if she wants to be anywhere near the Olympic program, those spins and skating skills need to improve significantly. And her jumps look less convincing than last year.

However, the score still seems low to me? Especially the PCS.

Last edited:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
Sotskova's skating doesn't do anything for me. I don't doubt her talent but she doesn't move me like Evgenia or Anna.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Love Masha's music. Don't like all of the choreo and she is still not impactful as others. She has potencial tho.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Maria Sotskova:

Strong 3Lz+3T to open. Fine 3F and 2A. Spins were a bit slower and a bit sloppier than from those in past performances. The step sequence could have filled out the music a bit more, and I felt she was careful and nervous. I thinks she's better than this SP allows her to be. But a competent SP nonetheless.

glorybox6

Final Flight
Sotskova is like Soldatova 2.0 to me (minus all of Soldatova's URs).

Will she repeat the Soldatova bronze?

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Maria Sotskova brought something extra special today, no? I don't know why exactly but I think that was my favorite of the competition so far.

MIM

Medalist
Nice solid skate from Maria. Her skating has grown on me over the course of this season. Hope for the better program next season at the Olympics. She is READY for the better!

The camera work during her performance made me seasick.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm sorry but Maria is just so boring to me. I'm hoping she'll develop more of a personality out there in the coming years.