2018-19 Russian Ice Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Russian Ice Dance

gmyers

Record Breaker
Well, whatever problem anyone might think Stepanova has should probably look further to their coaches. Tell me a single team from Svinin and Zhuk that got a level four step sequence this quad - outside of Russia. I can tell you from the top of my head that none of them did, either Senior or Junior. The only teams that I can remember getting those level 4s came from either Kustarova, Rumiantseva or Zhulin.

Svinin and Zhuk can package a team to the max, but the TES is always suffering - I mean, S/B lost to Z/G in BV in both programs, that's not promising. I know people have an aversion to Zhulin, but send some of those kids to him to skate alongside S/K, at least as a last resort. Also, Gorshkov produced good teams in juniors, but the work he did deconstructing I/S was just ridiculous, so I don't trust him that much yet.

But S/B had the chance to establish themselves as number one in Russia, but all I saw was how much Z/G got close to them, unless it was an Olympic bonus or whatever.

Of course the aversion to zhulin is his catastrophic handling of b/s which meant no world or Olympic medal for an entire quad for the first time ever. You can blame bobrova for the catastrophic failure but he didn’t do anything to improve her hunched bent posture and bad skating skills. No one in Russia is the answer to anything. They don’t know anything about how to win in modern ijs.

I still think that if she were on a "flat" she wouldn't be able to keep up with him (would not curve). I remain unconvinced!

Something is knocking down the levels! When she is supposed to be on inside edge she is on outside edge or vice versa or their is really no edge use for certain moves. Her skating is damaging the team enormously and why z/g beat them in TES.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I shall make efforts to avoid all threads you frequent, as you are more than irritating with your obsessions.
Shame this is not the FSU thread, as they have an ignore button.
Many many users have casey edwards on ignore.
He/she is equally as irritating as you.
People want to have informed discussions not be bored by someone repeatedly expressing exactly the same over the top views in a vendetta against whatever they are against.
So I wish you a good life and hope you get over your obsession before everyone ignores you like I am.
bye!

Yippee I've found out how to put you on ignore yayy, No more gymers :yahoo:

It’s very relevant that casey edwards is ignored by many! And you ignore me! Doesn’t change anything.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
We don't need to bring Bobrova into the discussion again, they're done, that's it. What concerns me the most is not Stepanova as an ice dancer, but the coaches. We know Russia's not sending anyone out of the country anytime soon, so there has to be some options for them to get better at home.

madison

Record Breaker
We don't need to bring Bobrova into the discussion again, they're done, that's it. What concerns me the most is not Stepanova as an ice dancer, but the coaches. We know Russia's not sending anyone out of the country anytime soon, so there has to be some options for them to get better at home.
Maybe Krylova will be someone similar to Eteri, but in ice dance....

uhh

Medalist
As others have pointed out, S/B stand out because they can be very acrobatic. But I think, reading the new proposals from the Ice Dance Technical Committee, the ISU want to push ice dance back to being more about ballroom based, in hold dances. This will not help S/B (or S/K or Z/G to be honest) - they are at their best in open dances when they can carry their speed more effectively. So maybe Russia are looking at another rough few years, and they have to hope the juniors can pull through.

On another note, has anyone heard anything more about B/S plans for next year, or if he's still maybe going to skate with someone new? And which teams will be working with Volkov & Krylova?

gmyers

Record Breaker
As others have pointed out, S/B stand out because they can be very acrobatic. But I think, reading the new proposals from the Ice Dance Technical Committee, the ISU want to push ice dance back to being more about ballroom based, in hold dances. This will not help S/B (or S/K or Z/G to be honest) - they are at their best in open dances when they can carry their speed more effectively. So maybe Russia are looking at another rough few years, and they have to hope the juniors can pull through.

On another note, has anyone heard anything more about B/S plans for next year, or if he's still maybe going to skate with someone new? And which teams will be working with Volkov & Krylova?

If Russia wants to do well in hold dances why don’t they invest in teaching s/b z/g and juniors how to do them? Hire the best! Hopefully that will happen and they will read the new rules and learn about them

You are right! Bobrova is done. She doesn’t need to be discussed anymore. Zhulin is not an option for anyone to get better or improve at anything though. S/k didn’t get better or improve at anything from their zueva Peirod. Katsalapov is same exact skater through zhulin, morozov, zueva, Tchaikovskaia, and zhulin.

leilaraj

On the Ice
I find it funny that rusfed isn´t allowing their students to train outside of russia and even forbid trainers to train international skaters, but Morozov is an exception somehow.. maybe he is their chance but I feel like Morozov is a picky trainer

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Clinging to b/s with their horrible world record is very sad. They didn’t go. That says it all. There was no reason for them not to go. They had no injury, no emergency, no problems, no conflicts.

Only when Russia changes its record.

Maybe they were just not feeling it after putting their efforts into the Olympics.

But whatever... OMG no Russian ice dance pair is scoring 80+ in the SD and 120+ in the FD!!!! :cry: :drama: They're doooooooomed!!!!!

:laugh:

gmyers

Record Breaker
I find it funny that rusfed isn´t allowing their students to train outside of russia and even forbid trainers to train international skaters, but Morozov is an exception somehow.. maybe he is their chance but I feel like Morozov is a picky trainer

He didn’t seem to be picky. It’s like Russia doesn’t want to pay for anyone or anything in dance anymore and just wants the program to die! So no paying for morozov.

I'm surprised more Russian couples don't go to Morozov.

He may be expensive! It’s said that he travels a lot. Amodio said he retired partly because of morozov was like being in traveling circus but also he couldn’t really do quads. So you have the cost factor, and many skaters not liking all the traveling. Plus you have the fact that even though I/k are last ever Russian Olympic medalist in ice dance they never won Russian nationals. Extreme nationalism in Russian ice dance.

Maybe they were just not feeling it after putting their efforts into the Olympics.

But whatever... OMG no Russian ice dance pair is scoring 80+ in the SD and 120+ in the FD!!!! :cry: :drama: They're doooooooomed!!!!!

:laugh:

What makes b/s effort so much more special than w/p or c/l or c/b or any other team that did all they did and more? It’s not like they didn’t take a vacation during the season! They could have trained but chose vacation.

They are not doomed because of lack of 80 or 120 but lack of scores for gpf appearances or just final group or bronze medal

Mayumi1990

Rinkside
Its TES where Rusisian teams always looses out so Kylova is a good news for them. Also unless they can produce a breakout star like P/C, its going to be hard for their leaders like now (B/S & Z/G) to compete with the top teams. Unfortunately Ice Dance still following the unspoken pecking orders that teams somehow have to pay their dues to get love from the judges. P/C came in when there is no clear leaders when D/W &V/M retired. If I were Krylova, I will focus on the juniors going seniors since they are going clean slate. For the upcoming requirements it seem like it favors S/A strengths so I say Krylova should snatch them from their current coaches and create noise and get their name out their in the talks until they debut in seniors

Mayumi1990

Rinkside
Btw did they announce who were the teams going to the new Krylova camp? Its going to be interesting who are the teams going to jump ship or if Krylova is eyeing certain pairs now.

lavoix

Match Penalty
I'm not familiar with ice dance coaches, who is Krylova? Should we have high hopes?

gmyers

Record Breaker
I'm not familiar with ice dance coaches, who is Krylova? Should we have high hopes?

I mean I was just looking at 2012 worlds and there she was with weaver and poje Je sui malade and coaching bronze medalists Péchalat and Bourzat! Maybe she is past her peak now but it’s like better than any current Russian coach! She was the foundational coach of hubbell and Donahue!

elysium

On the Ice
S/K trainee for a long time in Michigan, I/Z with Igor (although from their own pocket). So it’s not forbidden to train outside of Russia. But I guess the Russian federation thought the return of investment was not good enough.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
He didn’t seem to be picky. It’s like Russia doesn’t want to pay for anyone or anything in dance anymore and just wants the program to die! So no paying for morozov.

He may be expensive! It’s said that he travels a lot. Amodio said he retired partly because of morozov was like being in traveling circus but also he couldn’t really do quads. So you have the cost factor, and many skaters not liking all the traveling. Plus you have the fact that even though I/k are last ever Russian Olympic medalist in ice dance they never won Russian nationals. Extreme nationalism in Russian ice dance.

What makes b/s effort so much more special than w/p or c/l or c/b or any other team that did all they did and more? It’s not like they didn’t take a vacation during the season! They could have trained but chose vacation.

They are not doomed because of lack of 80 or 120 but lack of scores for gpf appearances or just final group or bronze medal

They don't owe it to anyone to show up at Worlds. There are a ton of skaters from the Olympics who opted not to go to Worlds.

Plus if B/S had gone to Worlds and got bronze, you'd have complained that it wasn't silver. :sarcasm:

viennaskater

Medalist
They don't owe it to anyone to show up at Worlds. There are a ton of skaters from the Olympics who opted not to go to Worlds.

Plus if B/S had gone to Worlds and got bronze, you'd have complained that it wasn't silver. :sarcasm:

Did B/S choose not to go? Or was it the Russian Fed not allowing them?

uhh

Medalist
\They were on the original entry list but chose not to go - Bobrova said she needs a break and time to think about if she will continue or retire.