2018-19 U.S. Men’s figure skating | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2018-19 U.S. Men’s figure skating

concorde

Medalist
You are correct. I missed it because all of the bonus comments behind it!
Element #5 is the 2A I was looking at.

That is so cool! Congrats to him!

sheetz

Record Breaker
Don't know if I am allowed to post since the competition is still going on (I can't keep track of the rules)...

William Annis, Novice skater, landed a ratified 3A in the short program yesterday :clap:

I watched it and that was a great 3A with a difficult entry from a walley. From what I gather he just turned 14, so very impressive.

You sure about the ratified 3A? The detailed protocols say it was a 2A.

Fyi. I heard he (and at least one other) has one so we may see it in the long.

It's in his detailed protocols as 3Ab3 (11.00 +1.37 GOE). The 3A was his other triple jump. The 2A is the required element so he also had one in his SP.

truthbooth

On the Ice
Congratulations to 2019 U.S. Junior Men’s Champion, Ryan Dunk, who landed a great triple axel in his La La Land free skate. Also, congratulations to his coaches, Mark Mitchell and Peter Johansson, for coaching both the Junior Men’s and Junior Ladies’ champions this year!

concorde

Medalist
Does anyone know what happened to Goku Endo, the novice men's champion from 2018?

Just looked it up. He finished 6th in Juniors at Pacific Coast.

I was also curious about Nicolas Hsieh who had a couple of International assignments in the past. He got 5th in Juniors at Easterns.

tosca

On the Ice
Well congrats to Nathan, Vincent, and Jason!

Nathan really pulled out amazing performances and both Vincent and Jason showed improvement with more room for growth.

Especially happy for Tomoki! What a competition for him.

Sad to see Alex Johnson go...

skatenewbie

Medalist
Who will be sent to JW now? I heard Alexei state he want to go to JW? If yes does that mean Alexei, Tomoki and Andrew will go? Sad to see if Camden really not going but his last 3 competition have been not so good.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Who will be sent to JW now? I heard Alexei state he want to go to JW? If yes does that mean Alexei, Tomoki and Andrew will go? Sad to see if Camden really not going but his last 3 competition have been not so good.

I think based on Nationals results, Tomoki and Alexei will get JW spots, and then they'll decide between Andrew and Camden. Camden had notably stronger JGP results, but his CS event was very rough, the JGPF FS was super rough and then this event was super rough. I think Camden's more likely than Andrew to medal at JW than Andrew, but like you said his last 3 events have been not near that level, and Andrew beat him here by a lot. So we'll see.

skatenewbie

Medalist
I think based on Nationals results, Tomoki and Alexei will get JW spots, and then they'll decide between Andrew and Camden. Camden had notably stronger JGP results, but his CS event was very rough, the JGPF FS was super rough and then this event was super rough. I think Camden's more likely than Andrew to medal at JW than Andrew, but like you said his last 3 events have been not near that level, and Andrew beat him here by a lot. So we'll see.
Since Tomoki got 4CC, if he does well there (high SB in top 24) he may not really need JW for GP spot next season (since he will aged out in junior) he also have JW medal. But they may prioritize Camden instead Torgashev since he will aged out in junior next season, while Torgashev still have 1 more season.

I wonder why USA didnt participate in figure skating in Winter Universiade, it can help lower rank skater to get experience. Idk who is currently attending university/college though

century2009

On the Ice
Glad Tomoki got the 4cc to get some experience internationally. He earned it.

I hope he grow with his skating skills and got the quads more solid, but great stepping stone.

Earlier this season, I thought Camden can dominate junior but he is really straggling.

Something is not working with the consistently messy programs.

After this season, I really hope he gets a new coach because it is just not working.

sheetz

Record Breaker
I'm glad Tomoki delivered because I think he is best all around of the junior men. Not sure why he has been so inconsistent.

Sadly, Camden performed exactly as I had expected him to. :(

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Actually there were several men, like Kevin Shum at MIT. And a few others, but few of the ISP men other than Nate.

Actually Alex Johnson graduated from the University of Minnesota, but I think if he was a student recently he would be allowed to go.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Actually there were several men, like Kevin Shum at MIT. And a few others, but few of the ISP men other than Nate.

Actually Alex Johnson graduated from the University of Minnesota, but I think if he was a student recently he would be allowed to go.

Universiade has an age limit that was lowered to 25 so if he is older than that, he doesn't qualify.