2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Women - FS

ioanablabla

On the Ice
Country
Romania
It's early group ladies and then early group dance then later group ladies then final flight dance.

BTW.. Jeff Buttle was saying that the first group ladies were at practice at 5:30 this morning which meant they were probably up at 3:30 am. If anyone gets third out of the lower flights then they certainly have earned it.

this is crazy

millie

Medalist
sad to see such beautiful skaters who can't land jumps in competition. anybody want a ticket to the Olympics?? just need to land a few clean jumps...anyone...nooo?? :(

hate to say, but it hurts to see fierce skaters like Wakaba Higuchi, Polina Tsurskaya and Ashley Wagner left off their Olympic Teams after their competitive nationals bloodbaths...yet nobody seems hungry enough for basically a free ticket to the Olympics in Canada.

If the fierce skaters that you quote were so fierce why aren't they on the Olympic Team...lol.

pearly

Record Breaker
It's early group ladies and then early group dance then later group ladies then final flight dance.

BTW.. Jeff Buttle was saying that the first group ladies were at practice at 5:30 this morning which meant they were probably up at 3:30 am. If anyone gets third out of the lower flights then they certainly have earned it.

It's gonna be the same at the Olympics.

Here's the schedule for the rest of the day, ice dance is before the third group for broadcast reasons: https://skatecanada.ca/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2018-CTNSC-Schedule-JAN-6.pdf

rain

Record Breaker
What is happening? Why do I see ice dancing?

The schedule is for the first two groups of ladies, then the full ice dance competition, followed by the final group of ladies. Then the first two groups of men, the full pairs competition, followed by the final group of men. It clumps together the medals from the disciplines, essentially, for easier tv broadcast.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

abbykitty

Rinkside
If the fierce skaters that you quote were so fierce why aren't they on the Olympic Team...lol.

because the other skaters on the Olympic Teams in those countries are fiercer duh lol. that's my whole point...in Canada, other than Kaetlyn and Gabby, there's no other world-level quality skaters...so the third Olympic spot is basically a once in a lifetime, pressure-free opportunity for anyone who wants to land a few jumps and grab it. but from what we've seen so far nobody at this point seems to want this free gift.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Apparently TSN4 is streaming two groups of dance, then last group of ladies. They could have done it the other way round without tearing the ladies' event into two pieces. What is this schedule good for? This does not make sense to me.

liv

Record Breaker
Television. They show last group of dancers live, then the last group of ladies, live. that's what it's good for.

At 2pm Eastern, now, go to TSN 4 or TSN 5 and they are showing the dance and ladies. It runs from 2-4:30 pm eastern time.

frallik

Match Penalty
because the other skaters on the Olympic Teams in those countries are fiercer duh lol. that's my whole point...in Canada, other than Kaetlyn and Gabby, there's no other world-level quality skaters...so the third Olympic spot is basically a once in a lifetime, pressure-free opportunity for anyone who wants to land a few jumps and grab it. but from what we've seen so far nobody at this point seems to want this free gift.

Ask US to change the rules of the IOC:rolleye:, and invite girls from Russia:eek:: - Canada -:bow: 3 tickets, them the title of the canadian OG winners. US:devil: will not agree - then they get nothing:handw:.

frallik

Match Penalty

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Pretty Brutal.

I remember reading that Javi is not a morning person. I wonder if any of the ladies are also not morning people. I wonder if that might be one of those intangibles that change the outcome.

The north american figure skaters better stay with their usual clock in Peyong Chang, ignoring the time change :laugh:

Jonttu

Rinkside
Anna Shcherbakova:love:, 13 y.o., 13 Jan 2018 Junior Championship FC Moscow city, short program - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R75PG1NZnJ8 - Has:yes2: the candidate master of sports, beween the applicant and the first junior category are 5:ddevil: categories.
thttp://images.vfl.ru/ii/1515872832/566d5550/20138516.jpg

I've never seen her before. Is she with Tutberidze? She uses so many of the same transitions and steps as Medvedeva that she looks like a miniature version of her. :)