15 January 2018 - 21 January 2018

Megasport (Мегаспорт) Arena
Khodynskiy Bul'var, 3, Moskva, Московская область, Russia, 125284
Phone +7 495 643-18-10

Moscow, Russia

Pairs Free Skate
Thursday, January 18, 2018, 19:05 UTC +3

Time in Other Places
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldcl...5&p7=283&p8=101&p9=31&p10=136&p11=286&p12=256

Pairs Free Skate
Starting Order​

ENTRIES​

No.NameNation
1Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
SP: "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" from "Sunshine on Leith" (soundtrack) by Charlie & Craig Reid; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: "Yellow," and "Fix You," by Coldplay; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUT
2Sofiya KARAGODINA / Semyon STEPANOV
SP: Flamenco; choreo by Natalia Bogomolova
FS: "Caruso" performed by Mirielle Mathieu; choreo by Natalia Bogomolova
AZE
3Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA-KORDEIRU
SP: "Strange Birds" performed by Birdy, (information from 2016/17 season); choreo by Juri Larionov
FS: "Happy (Woodkid Sad Remix)" by Pharrell Williams, "Stayin’ Alive" by Bee Gees, "Disco Inferno" performed by The Trammps, (information from 2016/17 season); choreo by Juri Larionov
CRO
WDAnna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR
SP: "LA 40" (Album: Tango Hereje) by the Mozart Tango Players (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Maurizio Margaglio
FS: Once Upon a Time (from "Nouba" - Cirque du Soleil), La Nouba (from "Nouba" - Cirque du Soleil), Pearl (from "Kooza" - Cirque du Soleil), Klezmer Moment (from "Corteo" - Cirque du Soleil); choreo by Rotislav Sinicyn
CZE
5Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV
SP: "Nocturne" (from "Lady Caliph") by Ennio Morricone, performed by Yo Yo Ma; choreo by Line Haddad, Jerome Blanchard
FS: Back to Black (from “The Great Gatsby” soundtrack), Catgroove by Parov Stelar, Young and Beautiful (from “The Great Gatsby” soundtrack), Crazy in Love (from “The Great Gatsby” soundtrack; choreo by Line Haddad, Catherine Glaise (2016-17 season's program)
FRA
6Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
SP: "Make It Rain" by Foy Vance, performed by Ed Sheeran, arranged by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
FS: "Say Something (A Great Big World)" performed by Christina Aguilera, "Sense of Freedom" by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by John Kerr, Silvia Fontana
FRA
7Annika HOCKE / Ruben BLOMMAERT
SP: "Big Spender" from Sweet Charity by Cy Coleman and Dorothy Fields; choreo by Mark Pillay, Aliona Savchenko
FS: Romeo & Juliet soundtrack by Abel Korzeniowski; choreo by Mark Pillay, Aliona Savchenko
GER
WDAljona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT
SP2: "That Man" performed by Caro Emerald; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
SP1: "Ameksa - Fuego" by Taalbi Brothers, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
FS: "La Terre vue du ciel" by Armand Amar, edited by Maxime Rodriguez; choreo by Christopher Dean, John Kerr, Sylvia Fontana, Martin Skotnicky
GER
WDZoe JONES / Christopher BOYADJI
SP: "It's 's a Man's Man's Man's World by James Brown, Betty Jean Newsome, performed by Seal; choreo by Mark Hanretty
FS: "Who Wants To Live Forever by Brian May, performed by The Tenors ft. Lindsey Stirling; choreo by Mark Hanretty
GBR
10Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI
SP: Ghost, the musical; choreo by Galit Chait
FS: Schindler's List soundtrack by John Williams; choreo by Galit Chait
ISR
11Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE
SP: a revised version of their 2015-16 program, "Magnificat" by Marco Frisina, performed by Mina; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga, Giuseppe Arena
FS: "Tree of Life Suite" by Roberto Cacciapaglia; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga, Giuseppe Arena
ITA
12Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK
SP: "Tu vuo fa l'americano, " performed by Renato Carosone; choreo by Massimo Scali
FS: "The Great Italian Tradition" from the "Amarcord" soundtrack by Nino Rota; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev
ITA
13Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV
SP: "Tango de Besame" by Consuelo Velazquez, performed by Benise; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Juri Smekalov, T. Druchinina
FS: "Carmen Suite" by Bizet; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Juri Smekalov, T. Druchinina
RUS
14Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
SP: Piano Concerto No. 2 by Sergei Rachmaninov; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
FS: "Candyman" by Christina Aguilera, Linda Perry, "Nasty Naughty Boy" by Christina Aguilera, Linda Perry, "Ready Teddy" performed by Elvis Presley; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev, Tatiana Druchinina
RUS
15Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
SP: "The Summer Knows" (from “Summer of 42”) by Michel Legrand; choreo by Tatiana Druchinina, Olga Orlova
FS: The Sleeping Beauty by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Tatiana Druchinina, Olga Orlova
RUS
16Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU
SP: "Unchained Melody" from the Ghost soundtrack;choreo by Valter Rizzo, Lukas Csolley
FS: Romeo and Juliet by Abel Kornzeniowski, including "Come Gentle Night," "The Cheek of the Night," and "A. Thousand Times Goodnight;" choreo by Valter Rizzo, Lukas Csolley
ESP
17Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Mikhail AKULOV
SP: "One More Light" by Linkin Park; choreo by Andrei Filonov
FS: "My Way" by Frank Sinatra; choreo by Andrei Filonov
SUI

Disclaimer
The anti-doping tests for these Championships will be performed by an independent foreign organization mandated by the ISU.

Considering the pending conclusions related to the McLaren Report, ISU Regulations, Rule 127, paragraph 7 may apply which includes the following provision: “The Council may, for emergency, safety or other serious reasons, either upon request of the organizing ISU Member or on its own initiative, cancel the definite allotment or cancel the Championships at any time.”

Last edited:

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I hope Marchei and Hotarek make the podium - they would have to be perfect and to beat Zabiiako&Enbert for the bronze, but you never know :D

QuadThrow

Medalist
I recently rewatched T/M's Free skates from the last seasons. It is a shame but there is definitly no development or progress. Their choreography is getting more and more worse.

Lionel Richie 2015
Chopin 2016
John Miles 2017
Aguilera/Presley 2018

If they want this Olympic medal they should skate to Lionel Richie's Hello.

Nika09

On the Ice
Go Vanessa and Morgan, go for it, for gold!! It doesn't seem going to happen but hope is our everything, so pleasee!!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I was surprised by the unexpected SP results. What will the free skate be for the top teams? The event be very interesting, but pairs is not the most loved discipline sadly.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Please Please Please Please Please Ksenia, SLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
World Feed is now on air (although the stream on the Eurosport Player is still showing the blue screen).

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the British Eurosport Player:
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/even...p-russia/0ca4c446-c4fb-48fc-8422-5d5f2261b30c

Eurosport’s linear TV channels are due to join the Pairs FS on the hour. HOWEVER, in the countries that receive British Eurosport, this coverage will be shown on the Player.

Here is the link for the Eurosport 2 coverage on the British Eurosport Player:
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/even...p-russia/e75cd1e3-83b8-456d-96f2-9cf7b2283571

EDIT: I had the links the wrong way around, but didn't realise because they were both showing blue screens. It was the stream with the commentary that came on air first. But, they're the right way around now.​

Here is the Time Schedule:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/ec2018/ec2018_Pairs_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the Live Scoring:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/ec2018/SEG006.HTM

Hope this helps.

I am not going to be watching LIVE because I haven't seen the SP yet.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
ooh.. fancy. I love that Russians actually love and know their pair skating. Long live Russian Pairs.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Most of these skaters were born in Russia.

Rostov on the Don is..where? *googling*
Looks lovely from google images. I so want to go to Russia. :cry: Right after France.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm counting on the ISU stream being commentary free. I have come to love commentary free skating.

Thanks to Auser for telling me that ISU stream is free for Canadians during Europeans last year. All hail Auser!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
still at work...despite being an hour earlier:slink:, it is what it is, unfortunately, I'm that needed apparently...

well, not even sure if I'll post some review of Ladies SP, because the thread for it could be a dangerous place then...maybe I'll just save my thoughts for myself;)

good luck to all Pairs - redemption for those who need it, success for those who crave it:cheer:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
1 Sofiya KARAGODINA / Semyon STEPANOV (CZE)

Music: Caruso

Peach dress / dark blue outfit, peachy right sleeve

3Tw1
3S - tight, far apart, maybe <
2T+1T - she did 3T+1T, he did 3T<<(hop out)+1T
5RLi
3LoTh - twofoot, stepout
5ALi3
FCCoSp4 - unison on/off
3STh - hand down, twofoot, stepout
ChSq
3Li4 - slow
BiDs2 - wobbly
PCoSp* - botched entry

Yikes, they had the difficulty, but most things were a mess

FS: 38.88+37.49 = 76.37, 117.95, 1/1

s_parks

Record Breaker
...well, between the skating and this version of caruso, this is hard to watch. But seriously, pair skating is hard, yo.